NA$CAR to change Championship format in 2007

rebelracewriter

Link to MSNBC

Gee wonder which no talent, untrained, worse than intern reporter said NA$CAR would go and screw thing up even worse just to get Jr and Jeffy in the chase??? :angry:

Which no talent, untrained, worse than intern reporter mentioned that if you weren't in the top ten, you got no TV time and were basically a nobody???? :angry:

HUH, imagine that! <_<

Given that Brian France said at the outset that the Chase would probably have to be tweaked after a few years, it wasn't too hard a prediction. He's still trying to get folks to turn their TVs from the NFL to NASCAR, and that means big names in the Chase and maybe more drivers (15 instead of 10? A 500-point window?).

Given that Brian France said at the outset that the Chase would probably have to be tweaked after a few years, it wasn't too hard a prediction. He's still trying to get folks to turn their TVs from the NFL to NASCAR, and that means big names in the Chase

Why did everyone tell me I was wrong and tear my head off?????????

Why even bother with freaking points at all?????? :huh:

Just take the top 10 biggest NA$CAR butt kissers, let them race and everyone else can save money and stay home???????? That's what it's heading to, a freaking popularity contest, instead of who actually is the best driver/team for the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that, to me, SUCKS!! :angry: Screw TV ratings, quit with the Saturday night/kill your local short track races and go back to the way it freaking worked since the 1950's.

Hey Brian, TWEEK THIS! :angry:

Link to MSNBC

Gee wonder which no talent, untrained, worse than intern reporter said NA$CAR would go and screw thing up even worse just to get Jr and Jeffy in the chase??? :angry:

Which no talent, untrained, worse than intern reporter mentioned that if you weren't in the top ten, you got no TV time and were basically a nobody???? :angry:

HUH, imagine that! <_<

If you are that upset with the sport you can always watch tennis or bowling instead so you dont rupture anything :o

There needs to be more short track raceing in nascar .getting tired of those large track races and get it back more like saterday night type raceing and all drivers and teams need to be shown more nomatter where they are on the track or in points each team is important.and they have fans .tired of them talking about the same five drivers all the time nomatter where those five drivers are at on track or points .jmo .and others id say .

The road course races need to go away all together........................................Not be added to the chase.

What--take away the one REAL challenge for Cup drivers??

I disagree--in fact, I would like to see a road course race added to the Chase..

Most of these drivers grew up having to run road courses, keep the challenge there in Cup...

JMO

Guest bigfat

May be a challenge for the driver but it's also a challenge to watch, for me anyways. Not sure what the ratings difference is for a road race vs. oval and tris.

May be a challenge for the driver but it's also a challenge to watch, for me anyways. Not sure what the ratings difference is for a road race vs. oval and tris.

Have your new prescription glasses gone bad already?

Guest bigfat

Where's the love???

Actually Stormy stole them back.

Where's the love???

Actually Stormy stole them back.

the love is there

you we're a real good sport with that joke

OK, since the haters hate the road course; I'll throw in one you'll really hate. Since racing at Daytona was on the Beach, why not add a half mile dirt race or two to Cup racing... Then will see who can race and who can't...

Talk about Haters, Geez...

road coarses takes a WHOLE LOT MORE skill than having a car maxed out with perfect aero / chassis combo on a speedway they need more road coarses and short tracks get rid of some of the newer cookie cutter tracks but hey that would be in a world where $$$$$ doesnt run NASCAR

You know they'd never do it, but a couple of dirt races would be cool. Nascar used to run dirt all the time when they toured the local tracks. Don't know if there are any 3/4 or 1 mile dirt ovals left. That would be incredibly entertaining to watch. Can you imagine?

I realize this is not the "Dirt" Forum, but while we are talking about dirt on here maybe someone can help me. Seems like there was one dirt track on the "big curcuits", I think maybe it was a 1 mile dirt track up in the midwest somewhere. It had no straights, it was perfectly round. Anyone remember this track and exactly where it was and what it was called?

Archived