Race Car Thief

Purestock3

My Brother and I left his house for five minutes today.

When we came back his Race Car was out of his yard and out near the street. We had just taken it off of the jack stands before we left. Only it couldn't have rolled to where it ended up. It was definately driven.

The Deck Lid was off too.

Strange.......

Just had to share that with someone.

Keep your steering wheels INSIDE

O.K. heres the deal.

This guy came down last night to look at the car, cause he wanted to buy it. Thye only question he asked about the car was if the tires held air...THE ONLY QUESTION....

He said he would take it and he would pick it up today.

So today we took it off of the jack stands and put the deck lid on it. Then waited for him.

Then he called and said he wasn't coming to get it, and not to wait around on him. If we had anything to do....go do it. So we drove down to the bridge between Aransas and Port A to look at the water, cause we were gonna go fishing. We came back and the car had been driven out of the back yard almost to the street. The deck lid was off and the steering wheel (which was on the column) was in the floorboard. As soon as we left the house this guy tried to steal our car. He claimed he was from Kerville.

This may sound like a bunch of B.S., but it's not.

We had been talking to this guy regularly for two or three days.....now since this happened.....He won't answer his phone.

Purestock3, this story sounds really fishy. I dont know where you live but I know that there is not anywhere that you can drive that is between two towns, stop, and look at the water, talk about FISHING, and then go back to the house in five minutes! Look at the water? What the crap? The fish are under the water you already know that. Anyway, Neon Will

Purestock3, this story sounds really fishy. I dont know where you live but I know that there is not anywhere that you can drive that is between two towns, stop, and look at the water, talk about FISHING, and then go back to the house in five minutes! Look at the water? What the crap? The fish are under the water you already know that. Anyway, Neon Will

Fishy indeed. LOL

O.K. maybe 15 minutes

Either way....someone got in the car and tried to go somewhere with it.

Even if it was some hood-rat.......it freaked us out.

There was a lot of this stuff going around last year, mainly around north Texas. This is one of the first I've heard of guys losing/almost losing their cars.

kerrville huh thats what i would do drive 3.5 hours steal a car

Greg, Actually if you think about it, it would be the ideal way to steal a racecar and get away with it. You sure wouldn't want to race it around the area you stole it from.

Guest bigfat

I can only imagine what the bastage that stole it would look like when the owner/driver/crew/family/friends/fellowracers got thru with his sorry buttox.

If he lived he'd probably think twice about doing it again.

Thankfully the car SOLD yesterday.

Best of luck to the guy.....he's never raced before.

He came all the way from Mississippi.

He got a heck of a deal too.

Two cars $3500 bucks. Both race ready.(sort of)

I will miss those roll cages....they were the beggining of our racing adventure.

I won't be the least bit surprised if I see them again. But Mississippi is a long ways away.

I can only imagine what the bastage that stole it would look like when the owner/driver/crew/family/friends/fellowracers got thru with his sorry buttox.

If he lived he'd probably think twice about doing it again.

bumper ornament. :lol:

Archived