Happy Father's Day!

HORSEPOWER

thanX to my grandfather (junior) stepfather (terry)and my dad(lester)...........

i look up to them and they've taught me more than words could express............i could only hope to be even half the father that each one of them have been.

lost my dad in december but left me with memorys for ever . when i was six years old i wanted to mow the yard ..he told me if i could fix the mower i could .well he didnt think i could do it. i didnt either .but some how i did ..and that set the tone between us .he always told me i could do it . what ever it was .thanks dad i miss you .

My father fueled my fire for racing; he got it from his father, who was friends with several of the 40's and 50's Indy racers and mechanics. I guess that holds true for my profession also. My Grandfather was a life long pilot.

My father was an aviation mechanic, and when he retired at age 65, he had 53 years experience in aviation. I am working year 29 right now.

My grandfather passed on before I was born, but I am grateful to have my dad, and Indy stories from back then live on through him.

He makes a few races a year, and has a good time talking racing with guys like the Machens, Wallaces, Budman, and others.

Here is a neat deal--He is going to Milwaukee July 8th for the Miller-Offy Historical Society meet at the Milwaukee mile. They pull 40 or 50 old Miller-Offy powered cars out and takes laps around the mile up there. Then the Indy museum, where he will see cars that he watched race 50 years or more ago. Talk about a nostalgia trip.

Think I got a lot of stories?, Check him out next time he makes a show around here.

Tom,

Can I go too? :)

Just kidding ......... that building project I've got going on up in the country is taking all my nickles and dimes, including my racing travel budget for this year. Right now, I'm doing good just to get down to SAS on occasion. Hopefully I can start doing a little more traveling to races next year. Still want to get down to Pcola for a race or two.

Archived