Brandon Bendele Returning to SAS this Weekend

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

San Antonio Speedway Public Relations Director

(210) 648-7373 (office); (210) 685-0400 (cell)

debwill@sanantoniospeedway.com

Brandon Bendele returning to San Antonio Speedway this Weekend

San Antonio, TX (June 16, 2006) – A San Antonio Speedway favorite, Brandon Bendele, will be returning to San Antonio Speedway’s high banks this Saturday night. Bendele will be competing in second segment of the United States Racing Association (USRA) Texas Two-Step Nationals “TexasSpeedZone.Com 150.”

Bendele is a well-known competitor on the half-mile asphalt speedway. Prior to joining the USRA Super Late Model Series, Bendele claimed two titles in the NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Sunbelt region – one in 1999 and again in 2001.

In 2002, Bendele made his debut in the ROMCO Super Late Model Series (former name of the USRA Super Late Model Series), and he won the ROMCO championship title in 2003. Bendele finished second in the 2004 USRA Super Late Model Series points’ race and third in 2005.

Bendele is excited about returning to San Antonio Speedway on Saturday. Bendele commented, “I’ve already missed a couple of the USRA races this year, but I’m glad to be back at my home track this weekend.” He will be piloting a 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, which is sponsored by Premier Minerals, Dodson House Moving and CPU Repair.

In addition to running a limited schedule with the USRA Super Late Models during the 2006 racing season, Bendele has entered a couple of big out-of-state races – including the Blizzard Series Races at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Florida, and Mobile International Speedway in Mobile, Alabama. Both of these races attract many of the top drivers in the nation. Bendele finished 15th in Pensacola, and he claimed an impressive fifth-place finish in Mobile.

Bendele is hoping that his out-of-state ventures will help diversify his driving skills. “Although I really enjoy racing at San Antonio Speedway and competing with the USRA series, I’m trying to gain more experience and exposure by traveling to tracks in other parts of the country,” said Bendele.

In addition to the USRA Super Late Models, Saturday night’s racing action at San Antonio Speedway will include the NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Late Model, Sportsman, Road Runner and Grand Stock classes.

The grandstand gates will open at 5:00 p.m. Qualifying will start at 6 p.m., and the first green flag will drop at 7 p.m.

San Antonio Speedway is the only NASCAR sanctioned short-track in the state of Texas. It is located 3.5 miles south of Loop 410 on State Highway 16 South towards Poteet, near the new Toyota facility.

Admission is $20 for adults, $10 for Senior/Military with ID, $3 for children 7-12. Children 6 and under are free. Discount coupons for kids’ free admission are available at all 13 Express Lube locations.

For more information about San Antonio Speedway, call Rick Day at 210-827-4524 or call the SAS race hotline at 210-628-1499. The San Antonio Speedway website address is San Antonio Speedway. Information on USRA may be found at USRA

-30-

Archived