Watch the 6P News Tonight on KENS-TV!

debwill

KENS-TV (Channel 5) will be airing the Pickett story tonight on the 6:00 p.m. news.

For those of you who may not know the story - It's a follow-up to a SAS April Fool's joke that went awry. San Antonio Speedway drivers took up a special collection during the June 3 race for one of our fans (Richard Pickett) who needs a kidney transplant.

Bridget Smith will be covering the report. She was very touched by the generosity of the SAS management, sponsors, race teams and fans.

I have no doubt that Nick's press release caught their attention . . . it was very well written.

And I know that Terry's commitment to advertising also plays an important role in getting any type of coverage. The sales folks won't confirm it, but I truly believe . . . the more you pay for advertising, the more willing they are to give you news coverage.

We're currently working on an eight-week ad deal with WOAI-TV. We'll be trying a new approach that's considered repetitive advertising . . . lots of 30-second and 15-second ad spots that will help get our name out to the public.

And I'm not surprised that the sales folks have now offered to help us get the attention of Don Harris and the sports team, along with a possible story on SA Living, etc. But that's only part of the deal. If local fans would continue to ask for coverage (the squeaky wheel philosphy), it would also help in getting media attention.

We're also looking at some radio stuff for the next few weeks, and I'll try to keep y'all in the loop.

Archived