Purse Structure

STAGGER

-holds phone- Shane its for you....

Unfortunately there isnt enough mods to go around for 2 series. Whats the answer? Try to entice more dirt mods to go asphalt? Thats kinda difficult since most dirt mods have too much flex in thier chassis to be competitive, without costly changes among other things so I have heard. Besides Joey's mod how many mods are just sitting, making them essentialy yard art? If someone had all the answers we wouldnt be having this discussion and TXSZ would be a boring place lol...

I wouldn't say competeing series because each series is different enough to be on its own. HMP/THR is a cost reduction/spec series to minimize costs to encourage drivers who can't afford new tires every race, and the rules package that USRA had come up with. Some people can't afford to tour anymore. I don't think one tour is out to destroy the other, just accomodating different needs.

TSRS and ROMCO/USRA have run successfully for what 4 seasons now? Both SLM's but with different rules to attract different racers, and meeting different racers needs.

TSRS and ROMCO/USRA are two totally different animals... Cost reductions only seem to apply to the tires and maybe the crate although only problem is when you try to save money in one place a racer will spend it elsewhere I.E. lightweight parts, high tech suspensions, ect... When HMP Mods opened their rules for the 2 barrel cars that wasnt a cost saving measure, it was a way to draw cars that are sitting or running elsewhere.

cougs

The HMP mods are direct competition for the same cars as USRA.

The HMP pro late models are direct competition for the USRA Super Late Models. Does not matter what spin you put on it, it is what it is. Drivers get to pick where they run now and the fans get to see two races with half of the cars that should be there.

4x4,

HMP just added the rules before the june 3rd race for the SLM's to run with their pro-lm's. Since USRA changed their SLM rules(a few weeks ago) its a good thing hmp has that class. Now all the guys who bought asa(like) cars have a place to run.

You want common rules so you can run at other places if you get pissed at the promoter/track/tech officials and you are getting that. BUT now you say the tracks/series/promoters are competing against one another by having common rules......

There is that spin to cover up the problem. Common rules are just fine in late model, ss/sportsman and at the entry level classes. There are only enough cars for one class OR series of Super Late Models or Modifieds. One or the other needs to close down.

"One or the Other" wont close down to help the other. So is it whoever has the deeper pockets?

There are alot of LM/SLM's here in Texas. If there was a way to combine them you could have over 30 cars showing up at every race. But I guess it will get worse before it gets better. It doesnt take long to burn down a bridge but it takes forever to rebuild.....

There were 20 tsrs cars at the May 27th race. 1 blew up, started 19 cars.......

There are only enough cars for one class OR series of Super Late Models or Modifieds.

That’s true, but the fact is there are two series now for each division and that’s not going to change at this point. So, let’s look at it from both owners’ points of view, the owner of the series wants to get paid for the show he provides and the track owner wants the touring series to draw enough fans so the track turns a profit, so that it make sense to have the touring series on a regular basis and everyone’s happy. Both parties have fixed cost and if the turn out for the race is disappointing or the race is not entertaining whose fault is it?

Which party absorbs the loss, should there be a sliding scale based on car counts for the fee the touring series charges. How do you allow both parties to leave the table feeling that the other party is sharing the risk as well as the rewards?

Does not matter what spin you put on it, it is what it is. Drivers get to pick where they run now and the fans get to see two races with half of the cars that should be there.

That’s not the driver’s fault, it has to do with the tracks working together for the common good of Texas Asphalt Racing. There has been a line drawn in the sand and it has divided the racing community.

HMP just added the rules before the June 3rd race for the SLM's to run with their pro-lm's. Since USRA changed their SLM rules (a few weeks ago) it’s a good thing hmp has that class. Now all the guys who bought asa (like) cars have a place to run.

Changing the rules mid season is never a good thing in my opinion, but there are reasons why it was done. Everyone might not agree with it, but the USRA SLM car count was getting so low that something had to be done. USRA was at a fork in the road, they pick the direction that they feel is best for them, luckily HMP opened their rules up to help out. I believe this issue also came about due to the lack of cooperation between the track owners, regardless of who threw the first punch.

You want common rules so you can run at other places if you get pissed at the promoter/track/tech officials and you are getting that. BUT now you say the tracks/series/promoters are competing against one another by having common rules......

That’s a very good point, common rules will only work if there is common respect shown by all the owner of the tracks to each other and the racers.

There is that spin to cover up the problem. Common rules are just fine in late model, ss/sportsman and at the entry-level classes. There are only enough cars for one class OR series of Super Late Models or Modifieds. One or the other needs to close down.

"One or the Other" won’t close down to help the other. So is it whoever has the deeper pockets?

If that the case Texas Asphalt Racing will suffer in the long run!!

There are a lot of LM/SLM's here in Texas. If there was a way to combine them you could have over 30 cars showing up at every race. But I guess it will get worse before it gets better. It doesn’t take long to burn down a bridge but it takes forever to rebuild.....

There have been a lot of bridges burned and I believe all parties involve would do things differently, if they had it to do over. Unfortunately, hindsight is 20/20, the past is the past, I had a business law professor in college that stated when people sit down to discuss business everything on the table should be put in writing and signed by both parties. The reason for this is that everyone knows where they stand and people think twice before committing to something that they have to put in writing. Bottom line the trust is gone, this keeps everyone honest!!

JMO :D:D

I have been hearing people complain about the Hobby Stock class at HMP, and now the Modifieds. Two classes that HMP did not have last year. Two classes that did not exist and were created because drivers approached the track and wanted a place to run. Someone will always complain about something, but the truth of the matter is, the drivers were sick of what they had, weather it be the Dirt Hobby Stocks gone asphalt like me, or the USRA modifieds that did not want to run USRA for whatever reason. I personally almost bought a USRA truck, and I am looking now to get a modified. HMP has worked very closely with its racers and I personally want to say thank you for letting us race!!! I enjoy the track, officials, and the racers there. I am still at a dirt track every week with my business, but I race every race at HMP!!!

Arthur Hermiz

07 Hobby Stock

www.sdrphoto.com

MOST OF THE DRIVERS WERE UNDER AGREEMENT AND EVEN APPROCHED RICK DAY AND TERRY DICKERSON TO NOT RUN A HEADS UP SCHEDULE WITH HMP AND SOME OR MOST OF THE GUYS THAT COULD AFFORD TO RUN EVERY WEEKEND WOULD BE THERE. I AM SURE A FEW MORE MODIFIEDS AT SAS WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN A PROBLEM. SINCE THERE IS OBVIOUSLY NOT A PROBLEM WITH TECH, OFFICIALS, DRIVERS AND FANS. WHY DON'T THE THE TWO GUYS WHO HAD TO SEE WHOS WAS BIGGER GET OVER IT AND GET IT BACK TOGETHER, OBVIOUSLY WE ALL KNOW WHOM THE TWO GENTLEMEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT! I LIKED RUNNING AT SAS AND AT HMP. I THINK THAT WE HAVE A GOOD THING GOING OVER HERE AT HMP BUT WOULD HAVE LIKED TO RACE AT SAS ALSO. THERE IS DEFINATLY A SHORTAGE OF ASPHALT RACING IN TEXAS HELL LETS MESS IT SOME MORE AND KEEP MAKING IT HARDER TO GET A SIMILAR RULE PACKAGE TOGETHER AND RUNNING THE SCHEDULES HEADS UP AT EVERY TRACK, KEEP BASHING PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING SUPPOSEDLY GOING BROKE, BITCHING ABOUT HMP AND SAS AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE DURING THE NEXT COUPLE YEARS WE CAN ALL GO DIRT RACING OR TRAVEL A DAY TO GET TO AN ASPHALT TRACK BECAUSE PEOPLE CANT STRAIGTHEN OUT THERE INDIFFERENCES.

JUST A THOUGHT WHY DON'T THE TWO TRACK OWNERS KNOCK OFF THE B/S AND HELP OUT THE SPORT, DRIVERS, FANS AND SPONSORS AND PUT THERE EGOES ASIDE FOR A WHILE OR ATLEAST START WORKING OVER THE NEXT TO FEW MONTHS TO GET IT RIGHT NEXT YEAR!

Archived