Houston Super Speedway

Caveman

Has any of you Houston guys got your personal seat license for this track yet? How much do they cost? I see them on the web site www.houstonsuperspeeday.com but it does not say how much.

I'm just a simple cave man and don't understand these things but maybe ROMCO, TAMS AND TSRS can run there next year.

Nick-

More to the point, has anything appeared in the news media, or is it all press releases? I found one story from the Houston Chronicle on the web, but it was written by a "lifestyle" reporter, not a news or even sports reporter.

My take on the "elevated" back stretch is that the infield is lowered along the back so the fans in the main grandstand can see the back straight better.

The shape was described somewhere else as being similar to Twin Ring Motegi, but I think that's exaggerated. Their point seems to be that the track is tighter at one end than the other, so the turns are all completely different: different lengths, different radii, different banking, etc.

It's also planned as a 1.3-mile track, which in itself would make it different. And it's high-banked, which may come back to bite them. On a 1.3 with high banks, IRL cars might have the same problem that kept the CART guys from running TMS.

It sure seems that they are throwing all kinds of thing into this track to make it "unique"

Things like interesting transitions out of the corners, various radii of the corners, elevated back straight, etc.

It should be a hair puller trying to set a car up for it. Will that keep the speeds down? we will see. But that sure could come back to haunt them. Hopefully the drivers will like it. But, do they have a date from Nascar Nextel cup? Craftsman trucks? Busch? Don't think Cart or IRL will race there.

TMS sure isn't goin to like sharing the state I don't think.

A group of distinguished looking men in suits turning over a shovel full of dirt is one thing, but pouring concrete is quite another.

OK all you Houston racers. How 'bout letting us know if you've seen any actual construction taking place out there?

Nick Holt

Being that I live in the houston area, I know that they have burned the land to clear it out, which didnt make people very happy. The smoke covered Houston and the track is in alvin. Other than that I dont know of any construction that has taken place, but I will try and kind out.

Amanda Neer

TSRS Pit steward

From what i remember the investor's developed a business plan that did not include a comitment or expectations of the Nascar Nextel Cup series, but i do beleave that they stated that they had comitments from both the Truck ad IRL series if the track was built. That may also have included the Busch series. now that i think of it i beleave they quoted a line from a movie "If you build it they will come".

Slash.

I agree, give TMS another date. maybe early september would be good.

I don't think that is Johnny Rutherford in the pic. Isn't Rutherford in with the Texas Track Group?

Is that who is building this track in Houton?

Archived