ThanX

Crazyhorse

anyone and everyone who has ever defend this country and it's values , and gave me the previledge to wake up and have choices as to what i will do with my time today....THANX.

anyone and everyone who has ever defend this country and it's values , and gave me the previledge to wake up and have choices as to what i will do with my time today....THANX.

AMEN .yah give us the privalege to be all we can be and speek what we want i couldnt serve back then to old now .my dad was on a ship in world war two .would not be here with out him and those men giveing thier upmost .and every vet who has served after and now .

A BIG SALUTE THANKS TO ALL WHO SERVE

It is easy for us to think of Memorial Day in racing terms and forget why it is a holiday. Saw a story this morning about three sisters who served in Iraq. One of them lost her life over there. Thats what Memorial Day should remind us of. So thanks to all the men AND women who protect our way of life and allow all of us to do what we love to do.

Those who served in the Viet Nam era are the most under-thanked group of American Soldiers who have ever lived. In fact, many who served back then returned to the US to face scorn and humiliation, not praise. since the war was so unpopular with many Americans.

I returned from overseas to McGuire AFB on Christmas Eve, 1970, with a year and a half left to serve. The Air Force, of course, had done their part and it was up to me to find transportation to Maine from Newark New Jersey on Christmas Eve carrying a huge duffle bag. I ended up outside a bus terminal in the middle of the night in a very rough part of town. To make a long story short, I was robbed and stabbed (very minor wound on my right elbow) and found myself surrounded by a group of very hostile people who were taunting me and telling me it served me right for killing all those innocent people in Viet Nam. Thankfully, a patrol car happened by and broke things up. Welcome home, solider!

Not that my little welcome home party was typical, but I think if you talk to most Viet Nam Veterans, you will find they often experienced a negative reception when they made it back to the States.

No, I'm not looking for a pity party - I got over all this a long, long time ago. I just think that if you know a Viet Nam Veteran, give him/her a special vote of approval for their sacrifice. It's probably long overdue.

Nick Holt

I know a few from that war and was one that never looked down on the men that served that war .they were in hell to not of thier fault .i get those men at where i work and most of them where thier collors proudly .i always take the time to speek with them and thank them .and i thank you nick .and all who served in that war .

Archived