Punt and Run Racing

Budman

Tracey, I think my post makes it pretty clear that I understand people make mistakes. To quote the quote "It's hard for them to catch everything....."

Also consider that the post was not directed at any one driver or car.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understood very well, thank you very much, and I too was not directing to anyone person, or driver!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good Day!

TRACEY TEER #2 SS / BT SIS B)

Well, you can believe what you want, but actually, I do know what I'm talking about. On May 27th, the track was "green". No racing had occurred on it since April 24th. A lot of rain fell during the early part of May.

Saturday, a lot of rubber got laid down on both the low groove and what would be the second groove. But, Saturday was extremely hot, with nearly no clouds all day long. I kept hearing "it's greasy and loose." It got a little better after the sun got lower. The second groove was very "iffy" at best. Now there's going to be a 3 week lay off. If we get any rain in June, which we usually do, it may well go back to green.

I was there for years and years watching Buddy race those rosined tracks. I've watched Bobby and these other guys run THR.

Racing on the rosined tracks was much better. They were more consistant. On any given night there was always lots of side by side racing. The drivers liked it and the fans liked it. Consequently, the owners liked it!

Also on an enhanced traction track, you are going to have less torn up race cars, because you don't have drivers jockeying for position to get down on that one narrow little strip on the inside groove twice every lap.

The cost of a drum of track bite is many times over less than the cost of repairing all those torn up race cars.

Guest bigfat
I understood very well, thank you very much, and I too was not directing to anyone person, or driver!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good Day!

quoted and then said " but you "???

I'd say that was directed. :lol:

Tommy,

As well you know, I don't own a track, so about all I can do on here is make suggestions from time to time on what I think would make for better racing around here for all of us.

Whether or not those suggestions are read and seriously considered by anyone is beyond my control. :)

I'll put one together SS99,when I go into a track to do a race and prep the track surface,everything needed is already there to use and each track uses different compounds (VP-VHT-etc).This is my fun time of the year when you have high track temps like this past weekend in Tulsa Ok where it was high 130's at 2 pm and you have 1500+ HP cars leaving at hi rpm's from a stand still.I constantly talk to crew chiefs during the day about their reaction,60ft and 330ft times,to see if they are losing any time or staying consistent, so I can adjust the track for the heat.I found out awhile back,nobody wrote an instruction book on this stuff,it's something you learn thru trial and error

Have a good Day!

He is not the driver of the #99.

That goes for the "You would not know," because he is not the driver of the #99 car.

TRACEY TEER #2 SS BT SIS

Have a good Day!

He is not the driver of the #99.

That goes for the "You would not know," because he is not the driver of the #99 car.

TRACEY TEER #2 SS BT SIS

I am!

Archived