Punt and Run Racing

Budman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't bring a knife to a gun fight...........what goes around comes around.......remember the golden rule.

............ and then, two minutes after I post this subject, Nick posts the TSRS results from last night. Looks like somebody else noticed too.

Buddy,

I was out of town this past weekend and just arrived home a little while ago. I apologized for being late, but it had nothing to do with "somebody else noticed too."

Again, it's enitely my fault that the THR results and TSRS results were not posted earlier. Both THR (Kathy) and TSRS (Pat) provided the results in a very timely manner, so please do not fault either of them in any way.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

I saw a couple of "punt and run" incidents at THR last night.  Did anybody else notice this?  What are your thoughts on this subject?

That's usually pretty risky at an "all involved" track, but at least one very blatant one went unnoticed by the track officials. It's hard for them to catch everythign, so I guess sometimes a gamble pays off.

I am not for the all involved rule, but you need to be consistant to make it work.

1. In TSRS race #53 tapped #9 and I guess was sent to the rear ( #53 went to the pits I hope on his own accord. ( ie not disqualified) #9 placed back up front.

2. In street stock race #2 tapped #3. #3 was sent to the rear but #2 kept his position???

I have no dog in this fight but to me it seemed different results for the same type of incident.

I know it was different series and different judges ...but racing needs to be the same across the board to make it work!!!

Either both go to the back or the one that caused it goes to the back...but it needs to remain common and consistant decision????

Marvin-

Regardless of whether or not the all-involved rule is used, correct use of the rule means you first try to see who caused it, and if you can agree on that, that's the driver who gets sent to the back. If you CAN"T TELL who was at fault, everyone involved (not just suffering incidental contact while trying to avoid the melee) goes to the back.

That makes it harder to get away with a brake check (though some did on Saturday) and harder to get away with punting someone (though it may happen as well). Either way, it's always a judgment call...

The punt and run Buddy at the end of the TSRS race was noticed...Driver of the 15 car said he couldn't see over the hood. I didn't get to talk to Ryan but he may have been trying to bump and loosin' the 9 car up a bit. Too much bump. Might have been the same thing with the 15 bumping the 25 car. Sometimes it backfires. These are my opinions. Not those of the series I work for.

I consider a bump and run a strategic race move. Just remember if you spin someone out then go to the back and don't whine about it. Some people you can rub and bump with lap after lap and others are just lucky to hang on by theirselves.

Cary.. by receiving my "chop off" on the last lap it cost a Bumper, RF Spindle, Control Arms, Tie rod, Tire and Wheel, and what ever else Terry will find tomorrow on the frame machine.

I not the type that likes to risk.. but i am dreaming that this will be the last "Stupid Driver" repair.. :blink::(:lol::lol::lol:

I guess I have a sort of "idealistic" or "old school" view on the subject. You've no doubt heard it before. If you can't make a clean pass you don't deserve the position. If, on the other hand, the driver ahead keeps leaving his/her line to block then they set themselves up as fair game.

but ..... but ..... but why wasn't anybody trying to pass on the outside?

Not sure about the back of the pack, but once you see a line like this up front (31, 83, 3, 2, 02, 99), there won't be any passing on the outside. Those cars are too equal.

Archived