#60 Modified

Purestock3

We went to the hospital to be with Steve's family and crew after the race. As his wife put it he was "doing what he loved best". We at STS want to join the others racers and their family and send our thoughts and prayers to his wife, 2 sons and 2 granddaughters as well as his extented "racing family".

We will be posting any funeral arrangments as we get info.

My son and myself were there last night and were shocked to see the news this morning.Condolences to the family.I guess they can take some comfort that he was doing what he loved to do at the time.Also the racing fraternity,fans , drivers and track staffs will always be there for the family in support. Again thoughts and prayers for the family.

Well, my dad already sent our condolences and I reiterate them as well as we are all a racing family, fans, drivers, staff, everyone. It was a very sad moment and noticing the urgency in fire crew and paramedics and the family I assume racing out to turn two from the pits, we knew it was something serious. It's a very sad day for our racing family and our thoughts and prayers are with the Tomlinson family and everyone involved. I guess we can take this as a reminder of how precious our lives are and we're lucky to do/watch what we enjoy when we can. This will be an event I will always remember and wish the family well in their recovery. I'm sure Owen and the STS family will plan something in memory or in support for the Tomlinson family.

From the Sailors and Marines in Expeditionary Strike Group THREE serving in IRAQ, we send our sincere condolences to the family and friends. I never had the pleasure of meeting Steve, but I'm sure like all the other racers I've met over the last 30 years he was a great asset to the sport. Judging from the picture, Steve had a great looking race car. We here in the Desert thank him and his family for supporting a great sport that we all love. God Bless the Family and God Speed!

Dennis in the Desert (IRAQ)

Steve had a Heart condition and was under the care of a physician. He had taken a couple of weeks off to rest, but returned Saturday night. His crew stated that thay noted he lost control pior to turn 1 and never made turn 2. Doctor's stated that he died instantly from a "heart attack".

His service will be Thursday June 1 at 4PM at Rick Brown's Funeral home in Mission, Tx.

His address for cards or flowers is 2114 Scout Lane, Mission, Tx 78572.

Several Drivers will be attending from here and if you need further info you can contact either my self (Gary) at 361-765-9022 or Owen.

It is always a very hard thing to have someone leave especially suddenly from a heart attack. Sometimes people blame God and ask why have you done this. But the Lord is soverign and in control of all things. As Isaiah 55:9 says "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." We can always trust in the Lord even when we dont understand. I would encorage the family to do this bc its very hard to make it on our own unless we have our trust in the Lord. Again my prayers are with the family of steve. God bless yall.

Anthony

Archived