Check this out and let me know what you want

Dawn

http://ktsa.com/pages/40209.php

Hey all,

This is the Newest Promotion we worked very hard on putting together and getting going at the station! Check it out and please participate if you can. We will be adding on-line polls soon also.

Another thing I wanted to let you all know is we are working very very hard to get weekend race watch parties going, possibly a local racing show that will be fully interactive, and much much more. It is a slow process, but we are seeing fantastic results already and I can't wait to show these people at the station just how much racing fans enjoy the fact that a local station is taking interest in bringing NASCAR and other stuff to South Texas.

Please feel free to send me any feedback on what you think so far and what you would like to see or hear on air as far as racing goes. I will pass it on. Also anyone interested in doing some promotional stuff can email me also.

I appreciate your support and I hope you crazy race fans, drivers and crew are just as pumped about hearing racing on the radio as I am!!!

THANKS

I think NASCAR gets all the publicity it needs, and I get all the information about NASCAR I need, and then some. What we need is some promotion of LOCAL drivers and racing action.

I also hope you have NASCAR's permission to use their name and a facsimile of their logo in this way. They are a little testy about such things.

http://ktsa.com/pages/40209.php

Hey all,

This is the Newest Promotion we worked very hard on putting together and getting going at the station! Check it out and please participate if you can. We will be adding on-line polls soon also.

Another thing I wanted to let you all know is we are working very very hard to get weekend race watch parties going, possibly a local racing show that will be fully interactive, and much much more. It is a slow process, but we are seeing fantastic results already and I can't wait to show these people at the station just how much racing fans enjoy the fact that a local station is taking interest in bringing NASCAR and other stuff to South Texas.

Please feel free to send me any feedback on what you think so far and what you would like to see or hear on air as far as racing goes. I will pass it on. Also anyone interested in doing some promotional stuff can email me also.

I appreciate your support and I hope you crazy race fans, drivers and crew are just as pumped about hearing racing on the radio as I am!!!

THANKS

I agree with TQ, NASCAR is already known in south texas. Local racing really needs help!

As far as the permission goes, yes we are an official PRN network so we can use such things. While the national level does get a lot of play, we had nothing here as far as race coverage other than TV. It takes baby steps sometimes and for folks who know NOTHING about racing, selling them local stuff over National is a bit hard. That is where you guys come in.

I want very much to have a "LOCAL" show on. I have to be able to prove though that there is a market for it. That means participation. At events, feedback to the station, for a start. We have been recieving a lot of positive remarks and sponsorship and advertising is picking up at a fast pace, but as you know, racing is a VERY LONG SEASON and money talks. We have to be able to show that this business is supported year round and wanted here. Hince the participation on polls, at watch parties and events, and feedback is very much needed.

I hear you guys though loud and clear. I for the most part have been at all the races at SAS this season but two and will be there next weekend. I love our local scene. I have been to races in Lakeland FL. and FT. Worth to name a couple and I feel that we have just as enjoyable racing if not sometimes more enjoyable. I love it and want to see it grow and have more people out o enjoy it.

Thanks so much though for the input, and I will keep you updated. We will have a tailgate party/remote this Friday out at Northside Ford on 281 and Nakoma. Come by and talk to me if you are out that way. :D

I like your idea Dawn.

you have to crawl before you can walk.

TQ: "I also hope you have NASCAR's permission to use their name and a facsimile of their logo in this way. They are a little testy about such things."

do you really think a company like KTSA would use the name & logo without ~permission~

Dawn

It was great to drive home from THR and listen to the Charlotte Busch race. I even listened to Sun. race while I worked on the race car at my shop. Thanks KTSA for bringing the broadcasts to SA.

Also I can tell you some good Trey Ware stories sometime!

Thanks for the Feedback!! We are working real hard on getting all of the races for next season!!! Heck ya you need to tell me some T-Ware stories!!! I am all about that!!!

Archived