super stock

at the time of the drivers meeting 5-20-06 the super stocks had more cars than the gloried little cars. thus , todate- there have been increases purses for the thurdercars, justified, limited little cars , unjustified, modified little cars, you seen one you"ve seen em all, but the real stock cars , since the late model went the way of the ouranosaurus dinosaur , run for a purse 40% below 5 yrs. ago, yet, expenses are up 30%. It is apparent - mthe 2 dates that were recently deleted from the calender , 6-17 & 7-15 - were nites ss were schduled to run- why? we ain't wanted'.

SS

contact me. The edna track has assured me that they will pay a fair purse- even to cliff and ziggy. The only thing I will miss is the young man ,Tony, who does such a good job in the staging area at STS.

#28 thomas carlisle Lagarto, TX.

Not be.ing a smart ace i dont like to see purses go down .for anyclass .cars arent cheap .racing isnt cheap .but those little cars have been around for over thirty years and they have never got the purse or the respect they deserve .untill now at the dirt track .and cost per car is 1500 to 5000 .and on top of that they are fun to drive .just think of them as over sized go cart .now i dont know what it cost to race your class and id say it takes alot of skill to handle one .ive raced long enough to know .but there is one thing that has always been able to keep somewhat of a class together even with the crying going on sometimes is the thunder class and they are not as easy to drive as most people think..they have allways took a back seat to bigger cars maybe just maybe they are doing something right to get the respect .there is a few drivers that still drive in other class.es that started in the minnies .have a nice day.

Well I can tell you this you should have taken the time to say those well thought out words to Owen inperson or on the phone first. Saying it on here first will just get people upset. I believe when Owen and I were talking the other day he did say he rescheduled the Super Stocks to different dates. As far purse when the first couple of races have 3 cars then this is what you get. I believe your car just sat for the first 3 SS races. Oh well just my opinion and I feel much better and will give it more often.

well, i think I would have to agree with my dad. I think if we gave these cars a chance then maybe we could get even more cars. just like what jerry clower (an old comedian type person) said in one of his stories "give everything a sportin chance" and well i have seen some really good super stock races in the past. and i think they are still capable of doing it. and i would have to agree that purse right now is pretty low. i know that when my dad and i have gone other places usually they always guaranteed 200 or 250 to win. and about my dad not racing for the first 3 nights. his car wasnt ready yet so it would be a lil hard to race. but yes i would agree with u shrimp that the first few nights of racing for the super stock class wasnt so hot. so anyways just somethin to think about. and i am not sure how bad it is to post somethin like this on here. sometimes it can help ppl think and maybe u know post some ideas to help out the management. and oldtimer i dont think my dad was dissing the thundercars bc he said that their increase in purse was justified and he actually thought yalls race was the best last week. when he talks of the glorified "little cars" he was talking about the modifieds. lol. he has always called them that. but anyways just all my opinion but of course what do i know. lol. i am the line up guy. i do know i am out for summer. yay. lol. see yall saturday.

Anthony Carlisle

first allied,

was glad to see you guys have a DECENT car count but ...until your bringing that many or more I'D be happy having a local track to run at period, and i don't recall seeing you there when the track opened. and of course everyone wants more money,more cars= more money,

Alright Anthony and Tom, it makes good sense how about all the Super Stocks get together and we do this, the next Super Stock race STS will pay $600 to win and 50 to start which is more than I paid the Thunders, but there will be one condition, if 19 cars show up we pay that if less show up; everyone races for oh say the regular purse or free. All I am saying is we raised the Thunder purse to 300 to win and they brought 19 now can the Super Stocks do that????????????

Look at the points the lowest car count of any class other than the bombers which is a new class is the Super Stocks.

How can you expect more pay for less cars it does not make any sense, being a stock broker are you going to work harder for someone that makes you less money or someone that makes you more. Tom you told me you look at the business side of racing because you are a business man well step onto my side of the racing business and tell me how it is good business to pay the class with the lowest car count a respectable purse.

Thanks

Owen

Just a suggestion - Why don't you work with Texana to try to get some of their super stocks to come over? It seems by the schedule, when the super's are off at your track, they are on at Texana (from a quick glance). We are putting ours back together and hope to have it out at Texana by 6/10. We do plan on making it down to STS some.

Thanks Owen,

man, this is exciting. lol. yea i agree owen u need to be able to see the car count before u just totally go in and then possibly begin losing money. and dancer52 i actually was just looking at the schedule and the next race for superstocks is june 3rd at STS. if you could come that would be great. and if u could tell the other guys at Edna to come downt that would be awesome. let's try to get everybody here. and tell them about the purse. well, we can see what we can do. cmon guys let's show everybody that superstocks are still a living class. bc it would be horrible to see them die out like the late models. see ya later.

Anthony Carlisle

We all need to help.

Owen....in my opinion....is doing a great job.

I'm working on a few sponsors for the purestock purse, because I want some more cars to show up.

Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I can bring some cash.

An extra 100-150 doesn't seem too out of reach to ask for from one my sponsors.(how about yours)

All I'm saying is we could do some of the work ourselves.....it all helps

By the way....Owen....would I just bring the money to the gate, and explain what it is for then??

Or should I get with you first?

Probably a silly question, but the money may be on short notice.

Thanks

Oh yeah.....ac9014...I'll have some lineup numbers on my car for you this weekend

I would like to say that I am enjoying a lot of things that I am see happening at the track. Owen and his group are doing a fine job and I would be willing to help out in any way if I could. I look forward to coming out and racing. Yes it would be great to have a bigger purse, but to get 15 cars to come to STS for second place purse just isn't going to happen I have never seen that many at any of the tracks. I also would like to add that some of us can not make all the races on the schedule due to work. That's the reason I missed the first point night. I only get everyother weekend off. Maybe by not chargeing the driver $ 25.00 pit passes would help and spark up more interest in comming. I don't know , What I do know is I am not racing for the money, but for the love of racing.

Super Stock # 25

i know last year the pit passes at sas were $30 without a license and $20 with a license, so $25 regardless is about average for a pit pass now days.........i like the fact that owen comes on here and responds to concerns.........that has to make the drivers feel good to know he is listening to their problems..............

rick has done that more frequently too since he has taken over at sas, so it looks like tsz is pretty useful to local racing..........keep up the good work.......

AMEN!!!! OWEN WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START DOING SOME OF THOSE MICHAEL JACKSON MOVES THAT DRIVE THE CROWD WILD HAHHAHA (LIKE WHEN YOU GET ANGRY AT SOME DUMB A$$ DRIVER AND START DOING THE MOON WALK ETC... TO GET THEM TO LISTEN TO YOU WHEN YOU PUT THEM IN THE BACK OF THE LINE (THE CROWD LOVES IT WE GO APE $HIT

BHC :ph34r:

Believe me...the drivers get a kick out of those moves too.

Last week I thought he was telling someone to kiss his butt.

Then my better judgement came to, and I realized what he was telling him.

I got a good laugh for a sec. though

Archived