woody?

krusty_rusty

Trey has an unbelievable amount of talent for a 16-year old. Granted he's not a record breaker, but the kid has talent. Put him in the right car with the right situation and I bet he'd be kickin and taking names while doing it. His maturity surpasses that of many 16 years old I know, as well as many other drivers I know....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John, thank you very much, last thing I'm going to say is there are no excuses coming from me, we were just flat bad on Saturday,please do not say anything about my crew, they worked hard only to get on here to get jabbed, not cool, blaming the driver is fine.

AS A DRIVER OR CREW OR OWNER YOUR BEST BET IS TO ALWAYS STAY AND GREET THE FANS SIGLN AUTOGRAGHS TALK WHAT EVER THEY WANT .THERE JUST MAYBE A SPONSOR LOOKING OR FRIENDS OF THAT FAN .I WE ALWAYS TAKE TIME FOR THEM WHETHER WE HAD A RUFF TIME OR NOT THAT IS ONE THING YOU CAN GET OVER YOUR PROBLEM FOR ATLEAST FOR THE MOMENT.

just because he bought a championship car, doesnt automatically make him a champion.........he is an awesome driver, and the age has nothing to do with it.........either you are good or you aren't and he is a talented driver, period.............no two drivers styles are alike, so sure the car was set up for matt and he won races in it and has good notes, but he also has his driving style and likes his car setup a certain way comfortable to him......trey will get the hang of it eventually and be winning races, but to piss on the guy and try to knock him down is no way to keep people into the sport........so what he didnt want to stay until morning signing autographs and what not, he said he did sign some things and hung out for a bit, that is still taking care of the fans........hopefully i will get to meet trey one day, i think he will be one to watch for sure............good luck trey and dont let comments get to you, just worry about driving and the rest will fall into place for you............jmo

Guest RandyBorlace

i seriously dont think trey did too bad this week, he managed to keep his car in one piece, didnt touch anyone on the track, its able to be driven on the trailer, and did awesome with the bad push he had. in my opinion trey's positive attitude, willingness to listen and learn, and his don't give up attitude on the race track, will get him where he needs to go. i sense a little bit of jealousy over trey having nice equipment, but the other plans he has in the near future call for it, so it was a wise investment. good luck Trey, and shake those haters off.

IN 89 I THOUGHT I WOULD PUT THE WORLD ON FIRE WHEN I BOUGHT THE TWO TIME CHAMPION CAR.BOY WAS I WRONG COULD NOT KEEP IT ON THE TRACK .FINALY PUT SOMEONE THAT COULD REALLY DRIVE TO FIND OUT IF IT WAS THE MONKEY ARE THE CAR .WELL IT WASNT THE CAR .DID FINALY WIN BUT TOOK THE WHOLE SEASON TO JUST SLOW DOWN AND LEARN .AND THAT YOUNG MAN WILL LEARN TO .ALOT OF PEOPLE BUY FAST CARS DOES NOT MEAN YOU.LL WIN IN IT.

Dear God,

Wow... Shawn Paul, I spoke to your dad and I believe your wife(never met her)... Your dad seemed upset for good reason. The girl in the Pink shirt (???) seemed a little confused and upset... Up till this point we have been really lucky that more people haven't been hurt... We watched a crew trying to get a roadrunner car on the trailer, needless to say we moved out of their way... Folks, the deal with Shawn Paul/ his crew and Mikey was and is an accident. People can point fingers and blame which ever way they want. Shawn Paul is an awesome racer and Mikey does an awesome job of taking pictures just like Marc Roy. Bottom line is Mickey has been said to be doing well. Hopefully Shawn Paul's dad and Mickey can shake hands and move forward...

Trey, every racer has his/her bad days. Keep your head up... Keep doing a great job, hopefully you'll will get the Mod. dialed in and up front! Best of luck next race...

THINGS LIKE THAT CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE .I HOPE HE.S OK .ALWAYS HAVE TO LOOK OUT .ITS DANGEROUS .BUT DONT KNOCK DOWN A PERSON FOR AN ACCIDENT LIKE THAT .THAT PERSON IS PAYING A TUFF PRICE IN HIS OWN FILLINGS I KNOW MY NABOR DID AFTER RUNNING ME OVER I SPENT THREE WEEKS IN A HOSPITAL .BUT GOT OVER IT IT TOOK YEARS FOR HIM .

I haved raced with Trey and he's a good racer. He and his family are good people too. I know he has signed autographs hours upon hours for youngsters at car shows also.

Keep up the hard work Trey, you'll get that mod sorted out soon enough.

Mel Krauss

Howdy guys

As for fans in the pits after the races, nothing promotes ticket sales better than driver/crew-fan interaction. I (dangerous word) believe there is no better way to get someone to come back and see the next race than allowing that person to put a face and personality with the name and number on that race car.

I agree that not everyone in the pit area will be happy after a race for whatever reason and I am guilty of this. But, suck it up, watch your language, sell yourself, your series and your track! NO FANS=NO TRACK

FWIW, there is only one winner in each race but it sure makes it worthwhile when fans come down and tell how you good the race was, what they think about the cars and how they were watching your car.

Trey, be yourself and don't let anyone bring you down!

todd farris

it is a good ego booster for the drivers, especially the rookie drivers to sign autographs for people, especially kids after the races.......having the fans come to the pits after the races to interact with the cars and drivers is what will keep them coming back every week.......it is give and take in the pits and parking lot, just like on the street........i have never met shawn paul or his dad, but im sure what happened was a total accident and he probably feels terrible about it, no need to crucify the guy for an accident.........if he did it with ill intentions or on purpose i could see being mad, but it was an accident and i hope everyone involved is alright and can just move on and go racing at the next race........

Since panderson likes to air other peoples laundry in public....

panderson PM

Both of you boys are loud mouth punks. What kind of official jumps off of the flagstand and calls someone a [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/5/06] idiot? Total abuse of your "position". You would have never done that without someone covering your back. Do it now that you dont work there and see what happens. [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/5/06] come back to SA, would love to talk to you.

trey is by far one of the most mature and level headed 16 yr olds i have ever met. anybody with eyes sees that he has talent. ther is a big difference between what he has raced and what he is racing now , it takes time. one question to anybody that wants to critisize him - what had you accomplished at 16?????? i was just worried about finding better hiding places for my dirty mags. so in my book atleast, he deserves respect for what he has done and what he will do.

It was a lovely PM.... It was a good laugh I tell ya, especially when people live in the past, and then don't even know the story. The driver in question, and the acusation in question was settled the night it happened, and it was all a big misunderstanding..... Misinformed individuals.

That guy is just a troll on here trying to start [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/5/06] but hide behind a screenname. Must be someone old hating on the "young punks". He's or she is just jealous. Thats all.

I just want to say I've watched Trey for the past two years at the race tracks whether it be in a legacy car or the modified. He's always one of the last people to leave the races because he is signing autographs and talkin to the kids and fans. Trey also does a lot of car shows and events to help promote racing in central texas. So give the kid a break hes a damn good racer and a smart one at that. Keep it up Trey cause you will win one here pretty soon.

Archived