woody?

krusty_rusty

Deb, don't let the media mogul get you down. It isn't like God has spoken or anything, except maybe to one person.

Maybe himself needs a little reminder of the financial flop that the Big Shot races were, and how he treated me like a second rate person, didn't get me the info I needed for my stories/write-ups(had to get results from the newspaper), then had me barred from the second race. All while being too busy trying to "suck up" to the guy from Late Model Digest. Rat Traxx was distributed 'FREE' all over the state, LMD has a subscription cost and readership of how many in Texas? Which would have served a better purpose of getting butts in seats? I get so tired of someone who has shown nothing but disdain for everything/everyone(in racing) but himself trying to tell us how it should be done when his results, or lack thereof, speak for themselves.

As for Jason........we ALL know what his agenda is. <_<

Music-wise, I personally would have prefered Metallica. :lol:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rome wasnt built in a night........i think it is a step in the right direction by trying something different in hopes to get more fans in the stands.........i say good job to terry and all of his posse for the hard work they are doing to turn sas around, i wish you folks lots of luck........there will always be haters or monday morning quarterbacks, but the important thing is that you folks are trying something and doing a little out of the box thinking, if it works out it may be something to look into more often.........way to go.........

we did also hope that fellow that got hit is allright.about around the c.c area once a year we have an event called the shripery well brad pasley played there i never heard of him at the time.about 13 years id had never heard of trisha yearwood ether but saw her at bayfest in c.c.

Guest bigfat

Nick,

What percent of the crowd would you say stuck around for the concert.

J.J.,

Mike was okay and was really really lucky that people were watching and screamed at the guy to stop. If not he would have ran completely over him. What I didnt understand about that whole thing was the guy had an entier field to make a u turn in and chose to back into a very busy pit area. Also, luckily he wasn't seriously hurt. It took the ambulance and fire truck a very very long time to get there. A fully lite race track on hwy 16 shouldn't be very hard to find.

Nick,

What percent of the crowd would you say stuck around for the concert.

I'd hate to hazzard a guess. I never really got over to the concert area but could hear very well from the tech pad area. Perhaps someone who was actually over there could answer your question.

Nick Holt

"THE GUY" my dad.........was backing up because to go straight foward was three foot craters and holes..........we backed up twenty feet before we hit someone? i guess maybe next time we will have back up alarms on the trailer......i feel bad for him (the person we hit) but think about how bad "the guy " that hit him felt. and in that situation you or anybody else could have been "that GUY" that was backing up.

"THE GUY" my dad.........was backing up because to go straight foward was three foot craters and holes..........we backed up twenty feet before we hit someone? i guess maybe next time we will have back up alarms on the trailer......i feel bad for him (the person we hit) but think about how bad "the guy " that hit him felt. and in that situation you or anybody else could have been "that GUY" that was backing up.

Knowing both parties, I have to say I feel bad all the way around. Mikey is a stand up guy... Shawn Paul and his family are stand up people. I hate to see that it happen and wished it hadn't. I'm thankful to the Lord that Mikey's is ok...

Shawn Paul, you'll keep up the good hard work...

God Bless...

I know you can't tell how long the racing will take, but the racing finished early and I think more people would have stuck around if they didn't have to wait till 11PM. Another thing not related, but they should let people drive in their vehicles in the pits and have a designated area, kinda like tailgating. I know they do it at other tracks I've visited, maybe it will attract some new fans that like to get closer to the racing.

Trey - you got your drivers lisc?

Maybe himself needs a little reminder of the financial flop that the Big Shot races were, and how he treated me like a second rate person, didn't get me the info I needed for my stories/write-ups(had to get results from the newspaper), then had me barred from the second race. All while being too busy trying to "suck up" to the guy from Late Model Digest. Rat Traxx was distributed 'FREE' all over the state, LMD has a subscription cost and readership of how many in Texas? Which would have served a better purpose of getting butts in seats? I get so tired of someone who has shown nothing but disdain for everything/everyone(in racing) but himself trying to tell us how it should be done when his results, or lack thereof, speak for themselves.

Tell us how you really feel Mr. Hallas....

Guest bigfat

I didn't know your dad would have had to drive thru 3 foot craters and holes to pull forward. I said I didn't understand why he backed up. No need to get defensive. Everyone knows accidents happen. But the last two weeks of racing out there have ended with people getting run over in the pits. The last time it was two children that were on the pit pads and not even in the road. They too were fine but how long until it's serious? Everyone needs to be more cautious. Including the people that are walking around in the pits. I wouldn't go as far to put back up alarms on the trailer but with busy pits, with a concert going on and a trailer that size maybe someone could guide him back. Nothing personal about not knowing you or your dad's name. You seem to have taken offense to it with all the quotations and capitalizations. JMO.

just that it was my dad............and i know how awful he felt about it.

the people that rooted around afterwards were pretty much smart asses and it could have been anyone of them in the same sittuation.

nothing personal meant towards you........it was just a bad deal and alot of the beer drinking wise asses in the pits were making a good man feel really worse than he already was , over an accident.

Guest bigfat

I hear ya. I'm one of the beer drinkers and most would say a wise ass but what was said to him? It's a shame if it was done maliciously.

Has anyone heard from Mike today? He was walking it off the last time I saw him.

Guest RandyBorlace

try dragging a 1500 lb. pit cart out there, it was bad enough in the grass.... and people do need to get out of the way, he didnt lose his temper, but people do need to watch out.

I believe the pits are an area where crews should be able to move about without fear of running someone over, why in the world would they make us drag our equipment outside ?

panderson are you on a team ? because you sound more than happy to go way overboard to please the fans.

panderson,

These kids don't realize where sponsorship money comes from. I think it's very important for fans to come into the pits. Over the years we've picked up a few sponsorships from people coming into the pits after the races and offering their service or money.

Do not tell me I don't understand marketing, idk if you were there or not, either way you obviously didn't see what I saw, also thanks for calling a 16 year old kid talentless, your a real class act, when we racing eachother panderson ? I'm assuming never. Obviously you didn't undertstand my message, which was private anyway, hence the name PRIVATE MESSAGE, I talked with fans, I was ready to get home, but I made plenty of time for them, I needed room to load up and pull out, not room to cool off, I was glad the car was in one piece, the only response you could warrant was "very selfish", you went in to great detail as to how this is selfish, I 'm lost there. Also how do I have a Tony Stewart Attitude ? Have you ever met me ?

Love to hear your response.

Trey Mitchell

panderson,

Do you realize what all had to be changed on those cars when they switched to the new tire? I am sure they had to move around a bunch of weight also with the two different drivers.

you got the weight thing right Jason, haha, yes the car was fast on HOOSIER'S me had good notes for HOOSIER'S, but as soon as we put amercian racers on we had to change things and haven't made it right, I know we are 3-4 races in, but I am racing against people with thousands of laps at this track, until you've raced these guys, please shut your mouth, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Archived