woody?

krusty_rusty

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am into country music big time and have never herd of ths guy, but that really dont mean anything, alot havent even heard of Jay Eric, who you say,lol,lol,at least Terry is doing something to add to the program, and best wishes to a speedy recovery to Terrys son, Thanks deb for some insite on who Terry talked to, Terry and I talked about possibilitys at the Speedway pub party, in fact Terry and I talked about a whole bunch of things, thanks Deb for letting me site next to him, I got a whole new impression of Terry, Nick.......welllllllll, jury still out there,lol,lol, Nick... educate your self before deleting someones post, its a great song, they play it on Austin Kvet all the time. Just becouse we havent hread of some one dont mean hes not good.

I not too familiar with any of the Country Music Stars of today, so it really doesn't matter to me who is singing. Even though I don't listen to that music, I am familiar with some of the old timers and like their music. Most of the people in the stands will have had a few beers and it won't matter, live music usually livens one up and everyone has a good time. I remember in Nashville earlier this year for the ASALM Challenge race there was some famous band up there performing in the pits, I still don't know who they were or what hits they have, but it was cool.

Oh, and just for the record, I'm almost certain that the SAS schedule came out with the "Stock Cars and Guitars" theme before THR had issued their schedule. From what I understand, Rick brought the idea with him from some of his past experiences in Florida. Don't get me wrong . . . if THR liked the idea and wanted to borrow it, more power to them.

I don't think it really matters, as far as who-did-what first...in the sense that Aryn White and Tavo Hellmund (Full Throttle Productions) laid the format for a SUCCESSFUL night of racing with the All-State Texas Thunder 200 last Oct. 1st....

Give 'em entertainment (concerts, etc.) throughout the day and night...advertise and market the event...and do it right...

Let's hope both tracks - THR and SAS - have success, because their success is good for RACING, period! :DB)

BTW, all of us at K-MAC Sports Productions send our best wishes to the Dickerson and Day families...We hope your son and mother have a safe and speedy recovery...

Ditto... Terry D. and Family our prayers go out to ya'll... Same to Rick D. and family, enjoy your time together; there is more to life than racing and racetracks....

In talking to Terry D., Kevin Fowler was going to come at a huge expense... Terry was trying hard to get Kevin and as Debbie mentioned Kevin's group must not be interested. That being said, Terry and group, thanks for being persistant and putting on this event. It takes money to do all this and hopefully your "well" will be replenished for ALL your time and efforts...

So TQ if they have a limited budget and limited time to fill it then what should they do? Its kinda hard to get popular talent without notice. How long in advance did THR schedule Little Texas for the WW race? I'm sure they didnt come for $17K either.

Marc, Tavo and Aryn put that deal together in five months, and in the case of the musical acts had to balance the money they could afford with a band that would draw a crowd. Given how far out the music acts have to schedule, I'd bet that bigger name acts were generally already booked or cost more than the event could afford, a problem that I'm sure faced Terry as well.

I too doubt the music cost was $17K or anywhere near it, though that's not really important. The point of adding music to the mix is to attract new fans and increase the advance publicity the event will get, not to entertain and reward the fans who come to the races anyway.

Woody Lee is probably pretty good, but he's apparently also unknown to the fans in the San Antonio area. It's likely he was the best compromise Terry could get, balancing cost against availability.

As for what they should do, I've tried to explain that, but it falls on deaf ears and tends to annoy people.

at least it is a step in the right direction..........who knows, maybe now they know what it takes to bring in the concerts so maybe next time they will be better equiped to seek out and secure a big name artist or group...........you cant fault him for at least trying something new to help out the track.........something is better than nothing and that is what was happening at sas before, nothing.............if this deal is a success maybe he will try it again or make it a more common deal...........so what we havent heard of woody, and sure cross canadian ragweed or kevin fowler would have been a more popular choice, but it is at least an attempt and you have to tip your hat to them for that...........

RebRacer,

I'm with ya'... Terry D & Group again thanks for listening and trying to take the track to another level... May the fruits of your labor be blessed... Hopefully the crowd will be huge and plenty of conceesions will be sold...

• 2 weeks later...

I go away for several months and when I come back TQ still knows everything. I guess its good that some things stay the same. Not sure if this is one of them or not. Just pullin' on your leg there TQ.

But seriously would it hurt to give some people credit every now and then without going into some long drawn out discussion about the inherent principles of modern day marketing and its effects on the global economy and how that will create a need for the euro to strengthen in relation to the dollar which will then create weakness in the asian markets thus strengthening the world oil market, thereby hurting the local racing scene all because a race promoter wanted to do something extra for the fans.

How about just saying,

"Way to go Terry. Looks like the local scene is taking steps to improve the fan base." and leave it at that.

Rookie,

You're too funny . . . couldn't have said it better myself.

Although TQ seems to think our efforts aren't drawing new fans, I challenge him to answer the phones at the track, just as I did this evening. We had lots of calls asking about the races tomorrow night. Many of the calls were from people who hadn't heard of SAS. That's why we feel it's important to answer these calls personally whenever possible.

When I get these types of calls, I usually ask where they heard about us. I get all kinds of answers, including the radio and TV ads we're running this week, along with the flyers that were distributed all over town.

Maybe we're not filling the stands yet, but I really feel we're on the right track. We're planning to start a big coupon promotion over the next few weeks.

Our new marketing guy, Arnold, has a great marketing background and he's already done a lot in just a couple of weeks to promote SAS.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you're back in town and hope to see you at SAS tomorrow night.

TQ -

Maybe it's not that we're deaf, but rather it's the way you deliver your message.

Archived