woody?

krusty_rusty

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why call the man a clown until you've heard him?

The guy can write and sing country music. He has a fast-growing following and will be performing after the races at SAS on June 3rd.

Over the past year Terry has received numerous suggestions about how to incorperate more "entertainment" in conjunction with local racing programs. Looks to me like Terry is trying out one of those suggestion with the "Guitars and Stock Cars" event on June 3.

Nick Holt

that kevin fowler has some funny stuff in some of his songs. real hick texan if ya ask me.... prolly not that no one cares but my favorite song by him is "100% texan"...

-Shawn

good name, might as well snag it...........never have heard of woody, but he may be an up an coming undescovered talent..........do agree kevin fowler would have been a good choice, but im sure he would require a little more money since he is a little more well known..........

just because the edit laser blasted me once again..................

i say "don't touch my willie" NELSON.................that gets deleted. but the thread topic is "woody"..........tell your pretty boy on the front page his name is against the grain of TXSZ regulations...........damn there isn't an icon with a middle finger sticking up.

I just talked with Terry a few minutes ago, and he sounds very tired . . . been spending lots of time with his son at the hospital.

He has seen all of the posts about Woody Lee, and he asked me to share his comments. Terry did try to book Kevin Fowler, starting a few months ago. Several calls were made back and forth, and Terry even took Kevin and his booking manager to dinner following a performance at Cowboys.

Terry made a follow-up call to Kevin's booking manager to offer $17,500 for Kevin. After several additional attempts to reach Kevin's manager, Terry's calls were not returned. Terry assumed Kevin just wasn't interested in performing at SAS.

Terry also tried to get Jack Ingram and Randy Rogers, but both performers already had something scheduled on June 3.

From what I understand, Woody Lee has quite a following in North Texas. I've checked out his website and songs, and I'm really looking forward to his performance.

Oh, and just for the record, I'm almost certain that the SAS schedule came out with the "Stock Cars and Guitars" theme before THR had issued their schedule. From what I understand, Rick brought the idea with him from some of his past experiences in Florida. Don't get me wrong . . . if THR liked the idea and wanted to borrow it, more power to them.

I hope y'all come to SAS to check out our June 3 event. In addition to Woody Lee, I think all of the feature races, boat race and Truck Fest will be very entertaining and a great bargain for your entertainment dollar.

just because the edit laser blasted me once again..................

i say "don't touch my willie" NELSON.................that gets deleted. but the thread topic is "woody"..........tell your pretty boy on the front page his name is against the grain of TXSZ regulations...........damn there isn't an icon with a middle finger sticking up.

My apologies to Mr. Lehman. I was not aware that "don't touch my willie" was an actual song. I need to tune into country music stations more often.

And Shawn, as far as you giving me the digital finger, please reserve that for an "in person" confrontation where I can make an appropriate response.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

Being from the DFW area,his name rings a bell,but I don't remember the song that was supposed to be popular,maybe if someone would list it on here this would ease up,after all I hardly heard of Asleep at the wheel until I moved to south Texas,the music styles are different between North and South Texas.Think positive at least they are trying other avenues to attract people to the races.

i keep seeing different things saying terry is with his son, not to be nosy or in his business but what happened to terry's son..........i did see where rick's mom was ill, i hope she is doing better............i hope all is well with terry's son, and good luck with the concert/race event..........

I'm sure Terry appreciates your concern, Rebelracer. His son had a serious accident and has been in intensive care in a hospital in Missouri. Fortunately, he is expected to recover from his injuries.

I also talked with Rick a couple of days ago, and he said his mother is recovering well.

It's been a tough couple of weeks for both of them.

Archived