NHRA fines Ron Capps $10,000

Josh42

After conducting a thorough review of the known facts and statements from witnesses, concerning an incident involving Ron Capps' actions toward Whit Bazemore on Saturday of the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals in Atlanta, the NHRA has imposed the following penalty.

Capps is required to pay a monetary fine in the amount of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) prior to reinstatement of participant privileges.

Should he wish to appeal this action, Capps can appeal this action, based on the procedure found in the 2006 NHRA Rulebook.

courtesy of nhra.com

For those of you that dont know Whit Bazemore popped off or did some thing towards teammate Ron Capps and Capps popped him back leaving him with a fat lip.

Capps did what alot of the other drivers have wanted to do,even Force.It went on last year with Scelzi winning alot and the title and Capps is winning this year and running good and Whit's known to whine and complain when he's screwing up and not making it pass the first round, which is about every race this year,its always somebody elses fault,and doesnt know when to shut up,so Capps shut him up.Some say it was an attitude adjustment,wakeup call for a teamate.Alot of the drivers will probably offer to chip in on the fine if they havent already.

Lesson Learned:

DON'T CHEER WHEN YOUR TEAMMATE DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD RUN.

Jumping up and down pumping your fist while yelling "YEAH!" is a no-no.

Dumba _ _ !

Amen Rebel-I've sat and broke bread with Brazemore and Tony Schumacher before and it was all I could do to keep from popping Bazemore in the mouth myself.If it had of just been him and me, I would of knock his A@# out in a heartbeat and went and got me some dessert a few pit stalls over from where we were.I have a feeling and heard through the vine he may not be with the same team next year,and if he dont start doing something,seeing that he has everything you can have with the team he's with,not many want him next year.Not a good situation to be in.

Archived