wow 5 in a row

nope you was wrong mike , told you i could see the future i was off by 2 seconds thu , well congrates to donnie moore and his team nice win they know what they are doing but it must be getting boring for the fans so what happened to the dishmans does anyone know

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i was hopeing some one could do it :D this week but 3 plus seconds is to far .congratz to don .hey slow down and atleast make it look like a race .untill eveyone get thier cars going .i wonder what happend to dishmans.they have a planed party some where else we didnt know a bout :D

I timed Donnie during the heat race just for comparison. The best lap I got was 17.03. The track record is 16.83 run by Bill LaBarge in the BMW (RWD) in 2004.. BTW, The BMW timed almost identical at SA with both a 500 (no restrictor) and a 350..

I timed Donnie during the heat race just for comparison. The best lap I got was 17.03. The track record is 16.83 run by Bill LaBarge in the BMW (RWD) in 2004.. BTW, The BMW timed almost identical at SA with both a 500 (no restrictor) and a 350..

what times did he run in the feature so when we get jessie.s car going we.ll know what times to shoot for sence you are in to timing him .wev.e turned those times out there .

Why not start on the BMW?? At the time Bill decided to build that car it was a specific decision based on the rules. The Honda was not allowed to run anything but the 1975 vintage 1.6 liter motor, all newer motors were 3 valve/cylinder or 4 valve/cylinder and Neil would not allow that even as an R&D program. With the weight and carb rules they way they were at the time, the best car to build was a RWD. We had no experiance with the BMW, in fact it wasn't the first choice. Bill wanted to buy the 510 that Candi has now but it was not available. Looking at other options, the BMW seemed a good choice as it was RWD and independent rear suspension. It was also, at the time we started, eligible to run the 500 CFM carb. I am not sure how or why the decision was made but that winter, in the middle of contruction, Neil amended the rules to say only RWD DOMESTIC cars could run the 500. That was the year Randy won in the Pinto..

The BMW is very easy to tech, it is all stock on the chassis. The motor is very mild, with the exception of a set of good rods and some domed pistons (still only 10.5:1), and a mild cam (listen to it idle some time, 1000 RPM with no lope). That has turned out to be the best feature of that car so far, it is dead reliable and requires almost no maintenance.

If the rules had been different, Bill most likely would still be running the Honda today. The point is you don't win races by waiting for the rules to come to you..

BTW, when Lalo ran without the restrictor plate, under the published rules in place as of that race, he was illegal. No one at that race knew anything about an R&D program Neil had approved so to anyone walking by and seeing the plate missing, that car was illegal. FYI, we did not go look at Lalo's car that race. Someone else mentioned that Lalo wasn't running the plate and Bill just went to Neil and asked.

no #1 crew mario bro. did go to my car picked up my hood & cried like a baby. that is what happened. & yes it was neils fault. in corpus i did have it on

who let the dogs out who who who who who :lol:

whatsssss uppppp lalo . :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:D what..........is his tow vehicle gonna break down on his way to the track? i think he pulls with a ford. well i guess you can always hold on to hope.

I AM GOING TO MAKE THE RACE ON JULY 2 .RUNING MY OLD CAR .ITS A FORD NOT TO FAST & NOT TO SLOW. I AM PULLING IT WITH FORDCHEVY CHEVY TRUCK & FORD MOTER. THE 70 CAR IS RUNING AWESOME. I HOPE ICAN KEEP UP IN THE SAME LAP. SEE YALL AT THE RACES.

Good to hear that you will be back with us for that race, Lalo. Looking forward to running with you again!!

Hey Old Timer – Is Jesse going to make it up??

Besides Lalo and Jesse, Fords have pretty good representation. Ariel Arredondo has his Ford looking and running great. Ozzy had a great run at the last race, and if the Dishman’s make it out this race, it may be an all Ford top 5.

On the non-Ford, non-FWD front, where was that #4 Chevy at the last race??

I personally am hoping for a large showing of the TPS drivers and the Texas Thunder drivers for this July 2nd race. It is the best opportunity for any of us to win. Here is why:

I am sure everyone has heard the news, but for those that haven’t, there are two big items for the Sunday July 2 race at Thunder Hill Raceway. First, a race format change was announced in the TPS driver’s meeting, (confirmed in the Race Bulletin.) Plus the “Bounty” that was listed in the May 27 Results Newsletter. So bring all of the Corpus cars up and let’s make this the show of shows!!!

The new format is a partial invert for the heat races. Now I am not a fan of inverts at all. I think they have the potential to destroy good cars, but if they say invert, we invert. Besides, TPS is full of great drivers who are patient and this will be one heck of a show for the fans!! OK, let me try that again, TPS is full of great drivers that I hope will show some patience… LOL Regardless, it should be a good show for the fans…

The format is this, TPS will take the full list of drivers and split it in two based on points.

The first group, (the lower half in points) will start “Heat Race One” heads up. Their finishing order will be the inside row for the main event.

The second group (the top half in points) will start “Heat Race Two” inverted by points. Their finishing order will be the outside row for the main event.

That gives the fast cars only eight laps to make it to the front in order to start the main in the front. The more cars, the harder the top guys will have to drive in order to start the main from the front.

Let’s also not forget that announced in the July 2nd TPS Race Bulletin that Jerry Spencer, our Hoosier tire dealer, has posted a tire award at the July 2 race. He said that “If Donnie Moore elects to start last and wins the Feature Race or if another driver wins the race and stops the winning streak of Donnie Moore regardless of Moore’s starting position, that driver will win a TPS Hoosier tire”.

Not a bad deal for Donnie and any driver who is on the verge of winning.

The way I see it, Donnie has some options here…

Drive hard in the heat race, skip the challenge, and drive easier in the main starting from the front…

-or-

Take it easy in the heat, skip the challenge, and start the main further back but be able to take his time working to the front for the main…

-or –

Drive hard in the heat race, take the challenge, and then use his skill and equipment to work his way from the back to the front.

Personally, I suspect 70 to drive his butt off in both races, but not sure if he will take the challenge.

For everyone else, the options are simple. If you want to win (and the chances for a win is within reach of any of our drivers, if, and only if,) they do their homework, stay patient, and have luck on their side for the night!! Add a free tire to the pot and hey, it will make that victory all the sweeter. The odds are in favor of someone else winning this race.

I am hoping for another Honda victory!! B)

Don’t miss these racing opportunities with TPS on July 2nd!!.

sounds like a lot of fun for everyone. if i was a betting man,and im not, i would bet that donnie will skip the challenge for a measley tire.(though it is a generous donation). all the talk is about donnie winning every race but hes running for a championship and that is the big picture. hes at a stage of the season where he has to be a little more conservative, if the championship is his prioritys.

if that is not his priority, then he will have a lot of fun driving from the rear.

on another note, how about a run what you bring 4 cyl race. i believe people would show up from all over. i know a few businesses that would help sponsor the purse. i see some gaps in the tps schedule that would allow it. why not?

Archived