wow 5 in a row

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maz1438 - I don't know about a rumor (true or false) about #27 - Bill LaBarge racing at THR on May 27th.

What I do know for a fact is that neither he or any other driver has yet to file an entry for the #27 BMW with the TPS Office.

The full and Official TPS entry list for May 27 at THR is available on -

www.TexasProSedans.com

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

you know this series has done more to drive fords away that any track or group . and the reason i posted it here is because this is where the next race is at and why would i wanna build a ford for tps ok sure the rules this year do make then more competative , but since the years of randy lee and leroy farmer they have done nothing but punish the fords

and i have found a body shop that has a 2005 mustang behind his shop that im trying to get off him to build. but i wont run it with the tps seriers

You're probably reading a different TPS rule book than I am, but if I were building a TPS car I'd opt for a RWD Mustang/Pinto 2338 or an air cooled VW.

If it were the Ford, I'd go for the stock steel head and OEM chassis package to get all the weight breaks. A good machine shop can get all the HP out of that stock head that you need at all the local tracks except maybe San Antonio. And I'd lighten the heck out of the stock frame and reposition the suspension pieces to get the front suspension specs right. After that, it's just a matter of playing springs and shocks and learning how to wave to the crowd in victory circle.

But if you really study the TPS rules, the first guy that gets an air-cooled VW to handle is going to kick TPS butt. And now that you can run coil overs in the air cooled VWs, it's just a matter of time.

Those two packages have the distinct edge in the rules department whether you agree or not.

Nick Holt

nick the 2005 or 2006 mustang has the same suspension as the older mustangs i just wanna build a newer mustang for the looks i know they dont come with a 2300 in them but almost everyone lets it go ford to ford a 2300 will just slide right in no major changes and nick i just cannt see the fords beating donnie with a cast iron head i had a head that was cut to the max we got it from david evans it was ported and polished flowed bench in calf. david was turning low 14 at cc with the head but it wasnt as strong as the alum head on lalo's car

steven

cant remember when a cast .head has won in tps not knocking it just all the wins have been alum heads in the last few years there is some fast cars still with cast but you cant hardly beat a alum head they are lighter they flow like no cast could .. the heads that 12 21 are good heads .but with out the roller cams they would not run as good .

nick the 2005 or 2006 mustang has the same suspension as the older mustangs i just wanna build a newer mustang for the looks i know they dont come with a 2300 in them but almost everyone lets it go ford to ford a 2300 will just slide right in no major changes and nick i just cannt see the fords beating donnie with a cast iron head i had a head that was cut to the max we got it from david evans it was ported and polished flowed bench in calf. david was turning low 14 at cc with the head but it wasnt as strong as the alum head on lalo's car

steven

crt, what you ought to do is park an air cooled vw motor in the trunk of that 2006 mustang. Then you would have the best of both worlds, a ford with vw motor. And it wouldnt be a blasted fwd lol. Neon Will

This is more of a racing history topic than it is a prediction(lol).I learned a little bit from all of yalls post,and thanks for it. But lets not dwell on the past.Instead , lets get more cars on the track.We should be driven by someone elses success,and not discouraged.Let it motivate you to supercede your opponents accomplishments,and the benefits will be sweeter.

This is more of a racing history topic than it is a prediction(lol).I learned a little bit from all of yalls post,and thanks for it. But lets not dwell on the past.Instead , lets get more cars on the track.We should be driven by someone elses success,and not discouraged.Let it motivate you to supercede your opponents accomplishments,and the benefits will be sweeter.

With out the past you have no future . if you dont have historys mistakes to lean on .eveyone would be like that beatles song [ .A REAL NOWHERE MAN ]

and feel free to start your own subject anytime you like .you just might have allready . :D

crt, what you ought to do is park an air cooled vw motor in the trunk of that 2006 mustang. Then you would have the best of both worlds, a ford with vw motor. And it wouldnt be a blasted fwd lol. Neon Will

WILL if i had a vw i would have to just blow it up i tryed to tell lao if he wanted a vw we could put one together but the problem is with all the years of ford's we would be lost ive ran chevelle's and camaro's .and mustangs i would need a lot of help on those wind up vw's

My car has a cast roller head and EJs car has the alum. head. I promise you my car is just as fast and any ford in tps with an alum head. I will be in SA in october and we will see what the #70 has for my car. My motor is set up and is fast. Its all about doin homework and workin on your cars daily not just the night before.

tim has a good chance as any .but that boys got his car moven got to be on the money .but if you never raced sas or kyle .your in for a treat .both tracts are fast .and fun . ej ran real well in sas but if he hadnt gone up and practice on friday night .he.d prod had a tough time . and the speed that 70 is running in sas faster than ej or any of us are doing now even faster than then..

Archived