wow 5 in a row

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 crew david horton ran a vw here in corpus and i know several drivers that tryed to spin him out and it just dont happen and my biggest grip is because neil said a awhile back that they are not in the habit of slowing cars down . but when the fords start running up front why did tps put restrictors on the fords , cut the left side weight , and add weight penalties , it should be no retrictors stock frame 58% left side weight ( thats what you give 70) tube frame 55% left side weight . and 1.1 pound per cc then lets go racing

its like the cowboys and the indians around here. yall go to your garages and dont come out until you're ready to race.

tex twister you desided to blow in blow out .did you see where crt found a mustang 2 . that 2 inch es longer than a pinto .same set ups purty much .might be something to look at . i thing babba ford still has one with a cage .

I wish you guys were here when CC Speedway was re-writing our rules.Over there we all have to weigh 2100#s now and FWD has to run open differentials regardless of engine size.RWD can lock diffs and run 2500CC strokers.No restrictions on engines,Essinger heads OK,no side %s.This is what CRT and others think is a fair playing field.My curious question is could the 70 car still win at CC under this rules package?As it is he is a legal entry with those changes (weight and open diff).I know TPS allows upgrades like locked diff for FWD Thunders as invited but what about our weight now that its changed.

gb i havent said anything about the cc rules except i thought 2100 lbs was a fair weight but i think they should allow you to lock your diff but gb you know your car has the advanage in the turns and i think at cc they need more rules on the engines you run a thunder class no strokers , cast iron heads no port and polishing just make it the basic 1lbs per cc min weight 2100 but you cannt compair tps and cc cause i dont know if tps allow's fuel injection cars

GB: You are caught between the differences between CCMS and CCS Thunder class rules. Since you are a full/paid-up Texas Pro Sedans 2006 member, I will answer your question as if your VW Rabbit was a TPS car.

Just post ... or ... private e-mail to me:

Your engine cc displacement

Declare - SOHC ... or ... DOCH engine

The type carburetor or fuel injection you want to use

What type tire would you use ie: CCS DOT treaded tire or TPS 13" Hoosier

I will evaluate your proposed entry, put the figures into the TPS computer and send back the specifications that would cover your car in upcoming TPS races.

If you post your figures on TXSZ.com, I will answer on that forum. If you send me your figures by private e-mail, I will answer you by private e-mail.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

gb my friend your car can run with tps cars now your fast enough .and as for the rules at cc im with steven on the motors .use to be that way . but cence the springs were outlawed.those rwd had to spend money on eng just to atleast keep up .stock for stock i pound per cc .yah would blow the doors off the rwd .you know it .and i know it .look at the last 15. years sence rwd have been aloud .and count the wins and championships that fwd have you.ll fined a large split . now you ran with crt and i for years how many times did we beat the fwd.s and you know we can set up a car . and as for cc i believe that don and team would not let anyone get to big a hand on people .now on a nother point could you tell me how many races have the r wd.s won at the dirt track none from what ive seen dont you think thats alittle odd no you wouldnt cuz fwd.s have got it made right now .not blaiming the track .but i dont see you going and saying to you rwd friends with concern and asking them what can we as a class do to help you guys .but as soon as you think they are getting help .whatch out .i know nick will probly think i.m mad but im not just stateing a fact.

I'm just checking in from our ship in the Med. About 350 miles east of Spain and 80 miles south of Corsica. Glad to see nothing has changed since I left! Internet costs $1.00 a minute. I could buy a new tire for what it costs to surf my favorite web sites. See you all at the race.

I'm just checking in from our ship in the Med. About 350 miles east of Spain and 80 miles south of Corsica. Glad to see nothing has changed since I left! Internet costs $1.00 a minute. I could buy a new tire for what it costs to surf my favorite web sites. See you all at the race.

This is the usa .nothing changes mike you know that.but when you make it back you can tell us all about your sea sickness storys.and how many times you got slapped for looking at the fine lady.s..we figured you.ll be home sick so we kept it going for you . :lol:

It seems to me the hot setup right now would be to declare a CC Thunder Car entry with the allowed upgrades as an invited car,Run a 2500cc or bigger engine,2100 #s 500 holley with no restrictor no left side %s coilover suspension and slicks.Right now thats a legal entry.There is also another group of minis that might be considered,the Thunder Stocks at South Texas Speedway in Corpus.They run last years CC Thunder rules but dont have wildshields.Prehaps they could be considered for an invited class also.

first off who has a 2500 motor gb .and your forgetting something those pesky street tires .you.ll be a nut trying to run a 2500 cc .oh and with a few thousand dollars someone could put together a 2800 .stroker . :lol: and also people like to pick on you your fun . :D

oh and by the way nick (chief technical inspector for tps) so how well do you look at the motors on the tps cars to make sure they are legal just wondering is that your job or someone elses

There are two things in your question that need clearing up.

First, I am a co-chief inspector for the TPS, not the chief inspector. Many times I have other duties with USRA or SAS that conflict with TPS events. Mr. Upchurch, however, has an outstanding group of long-time TPS officials that he calls on regularly.

Second, it is not the responsibility of tech officials in any racing organization to make sure that engines are legal. It is the responsibility of the individual teams to make sure their engines are legal. Tech officials do not tear down every engine every week. They sample different aspects of certain engines for a wide variety of reasons.

To answer your specific question, I have had heads off, measured the bore and stroke, measure valves, P&G'd engines and regularly measure and inspect the carburetors, carb spacers and other induction system components. You may or not be aware of this, but many internal engine components are not regulated under the TPS rules. This gives TPS teams ample opportunities to use their ingenuity when building the engine of their choice.

On a related note, may I recommend that you read the current TPS rules? From several of your previous posts, it appears that you might not be as up to date with them as you might. Of course, no set of rules is without its own set of flaws and the TPS rules probably have their share too, but on the whole, the TPS rules have been very workable over a long period of time.

Nick Holt

well nick the reason i was asking was bacause on the 26 car last year he didnt have a svo head as tps claimed he did his head was the arca head it was purchased the same time as jessie's head on the #7 car . neil just assumed it was the svo and lalo wasnt going to ague the point but i see chip claims it as the arca head

thank you for your response

well nick the reason i was asking was bacause on the 26 car last year he didnt have a svo head as tps claimed he did his head was the arca head it was purchased the same time as jessie's head on the #7 car . neil just assumed it was the svo and lalo wasnt going to ague the point but i see chip claims it as the arca head

thank you for your response

I wish you had told me this was a loaded question before I went to all the trouble to carefully answer your question.

But, once again, you have it wrong. It is not up to TPS to figure out what engine configuration a particular car might be running for any particular TPS event. It is up to the team to correctly report to TPS their engine specifics.

There is a wide variety of engine combinations available to nearly all the TPS teams, including the Fords. TPS does not attempt to guess what engine configuration at team may be running at any given race event. It is up to the team to report their correct engine configuration to TPS officials before the event.

That being said, TPS certainly has the right to verify that the driver-reported engine information is as it is claimed to be. And, from time to time, TPS does just exactly that.

If what you're saying is true, it appears that Mr. Leal may have gotten away with one. I have a hunch, though, that Mr. Leal will be hearing from Mr. Upchurch soon.

Nick Holt

seems like some cars need to be checked .and not just rwd .now that this has come about .anyone could check our car out anytime .and seing if lalo did in fact run that head and no one check it out then i would probly do the same he or anyone else did run it .i know this is suppose to be an honest class .and im not saying some people were not honest .but thats what happens when they are not checked .but at the same time i didnt see lalo blowing doors off . thow he was up front with the other fast cars .so it was not that big of ad.vantage.like he said restrictor did its job and the wieght .jmo .

also my beliefs is some one is always going to push the rules so if there is never really any checking on any class enough you will have this .it does not nore will it ever hurt my fill ings to check our car out .i dont have anything to hide .

WAY TO GO DONNIE!!!!!!! whew....who knew.......hell of a season so far , i'm betting on you for the sixth.

ps- you know why he don't post on here?...........because he's working on his shitufff , while others cry about getting beat.

MOVE ON.............................

maybe this will become my class [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/18/06] .. it is so pathetic to here one post after another from the same person over and over and over and over and over and over and over ,[edited out by Nick Holt, 5/18/06] as long as this is an open forum , where this guy can whine and complain EVERYDAY , i will come on here and say what i think about that ............IN ANY CLASS.......

by the way what class do you run?

Worry about your own class crazyhorse, why do you post here, you should be doing the same?

Now why would crazyhorse want to actually worry about his own class, he is obviously not following his own advice by working on his own "shituff". [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/18/06]

Archived