SES race?

racecar25

Where did you get your information? Are you talking about the SAS race? Hope they did not cancel, that will leave them with 4 dates left. I've been looking forward for that race. Maybe they couldn't get a sponsor for that event. I remember the same rumor was around for the ASALM race. Wonder how that went for the track.

Speed51 may be right, and it wouldn't be particularly surprising if the date was cancelled (the series is struggling at best, and only has a few dates listed, anyway), but the date is still on both the SAS and NASCAR web sites.

I would imagine the sanctioning fee for such a series is pretty high. That is why you don't see very many of their races scheduled. That being said in addition to the sanctioning fee you also have to pay the purse. If they crunch the numbers and it comes out in the red why even bother? I rather see a track stay open than have a cripled series come and hurt a track. Bring back ASA Challenge!

Jason

The first race only had 16 cars, and that was in the heart of racing country. They would have been lucky to have 10 in Texas just because of the long distance. With the series being a lame duck series, there isn't much excitement on the drivers part about running the races.

It takes 60k to get the SES race at your track. NO ONE wants to sponsor a series that is dead, no sponosor money forced the bakers to say thanks but no thanks. You can lease the track if you want, and they stopped calling.

I hate to say it, but I dont think SAS can take a 60K loss, much less any track in Texas. People arent going to show up to watch 10 cars run, probably pay more than they'd pay for a USRA SLM race which is 5-8 more cars, and and probably 10 dollars less for entry.

It's understandable, save the money for something else. Talked to Jason Hogan in Nashville, said he was looking forward to racing here. He still can if we have a big SLM event. The USRA SLM's packs the stands pretty good. Maybe a big Super Late Model show will be better. I know the SLM's in the Southeast have traveling series, but only a hand full at certain tracks. They usually pay $5,000 to the winner and I know the traveling is a lot shorter. Kind of like the USRA SLM schedule. Maybe they should combine some of these series together with USRA and have a few SLM shows with a little bigger purse at our area tracks. The promoter can get on the phone and start calling some fellow racers to see if any will be interested. Have a race at THR on Friday and SAS on Saturday and add HMP to the mix, kind of like the Blizzard series in preparation for the Snowball. Just a thought.

Looks like the SES added a race at the Music City Motorplex on Aug. 9, but it will be a combination race with the MWS. The Greenville Pickens race is also a combination race on Aug. 12, thought there was another race besides the South Boston one on May 27. Maybe they got smart by adding the MWS, so they would not lose anymore dates. By the way are we doing the "Snowball Thing", calling some racers for our Texas Two-Step? ;)

Horsepower,

We are already running half-page color ads in Late Model Digest for the Texas Two-Step races. We do plan to get the word out to other regions/drivers on this event.

Also, the Texas Two-Step press release ran in most of the racing websites and a couple of the racing newsletters.

The word is getting out that the Texas Two-Step is paying $5,000 to win for each race and a $5,000 bonus if someone wins them both.

Nick Holt

I can't find a cancellation notice for the SES event originally scheduled for June 17, though it's off the SAS schedule. Will the SES cars be able to run the Texas Two-Step? Does NASCAR (which still has the June 17 event on the SES schedule) know they aren't expected? Or are they?

I can't find a cancellation notice for the SES event originally scheduled for June 17, though it's off the SAS schedule. Will the SES cars be able to run the Texas Two-Step? Does NASCAR (which still has the June 17 event on the SES schedule) know they aren't expected? Or are they?

Any SES car that meets the published rules for the June 10 TMS event and the FFS, MIS, USRA SLM rules for the June 17 SAS event will be able to run the Texas Two-Step events.

SES is aware that the June 17 SES race at SAS is not going to happen. Whether they remove it from their published schedule is entirely up to them. USRA has removed the SES from their published schedule.

Nick Holt

nick, how about talking to some of the local track owners about a possible pro4 event, or even a pro 4 class. its a great show and its a fraction of the cost. they can run door to door with their late model v8's on the west coast at the 1/4 mile and 3/8 mile. they are about 20 sec 1/2 mile cars. ill bet a lot of outbudgeted late model teams would be interested. check out the site www.swpro4s.com. just a thought

nick, how about talking to some of the local track owners about a possible pro4 event, or even a pro 4 class. its a great show and its a fraction of the cost. they can run door to door with their late model v8's on the west coast at the 1/4 mile and 3/8 mile. they are about 20 sec 1/2 mile cars. ill bet a lot of outbudgeted late model teams would be interested. check out the site www.swpro4s.com. just a thought

Sounds like a project you would enjoy! Let me know if you need contact information for any of the local track owners.

I love the Pro-4s. Mini Super Late Models is what they really are. If there were 25 of them on the track at the same time it would be a great show!

Nick Holt

Archived