update on Kevin Suberg

Dot

Kevin woke up this morning. His resps where down and heart rate low. He is going down. One of the team come out and said it looks now like days. But then again you never know. But Rich and I have seen the changes over the weekend. It is just a matter of time. Kev is so tired. But also such a fighter. We are keeping him as pain free as we can. Goal is to have little to no pain now.

http://users.stic.net/rsuberg

Just read today's update from Kevin's mother; it is on the website listed on the first post.

Sounds like Kevin is taking his final lap.

Let's all take a moment and say a prayer for this family.

We have all followed this young man's story for the last 3 or so years, and one thing we learned is he is a true race fan. He did not worry about all the politics and problems, he just wanted to see racing. And we all saw the nights when he was not near his best, but he still wanted to be a part of it.

What this young man has endured, along with his family and friends, is beyond comprehension for most of us.

May we never forget his courage, and his smile.

Tom

as parents............i'd say there should be some kind of reward for parents of your caliber , but i'm pretty sure the reward was in the time you got to spent with your boy.

i don't have the words....other than to say it is a very sad thing , and i wish you strength.

May God be with you, Kevin and your Family as you take your final lap.I'll alway remember that big smile on your face the nite we strapped you in the double dragster and you blasted down the track like the TRUE CHAMPION your are.Remember as you head to Victory Lane,your Pit Crew LOVES YOU LITTLE MAN

Prayer for the Sick

Watch,

O Lord,

with those who wake,

or watch,

or weep tonight,

and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.

Rest your weary ones.

Bless your dying ones.

Soothe your suffering ones.

Pity your afflicted ones.

Shield your joyous ones.

And for all your love's sake.

Amen.

- Saint Augustine

Here is what Kevins mom had to say about today.

Thur 5/11/06 We woke this morning to find Kev had spicked a fever 102.7. That is due in part of the brain is not contral of body temp. We sponged him down. We think now we are looking at hours. Please pray that the final lap will end soon.

You are all in my prayers

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Dot, Richard and Kevin, you guys are our heroes, our prayers are so with each of you. God Bless you each for being a part of our lives.

H & Mary Ann Naumann

Heath & Crissy Stewart

Kevin,

You're a very blessed young man...you'll be okay no matter what happens....you have a loving family and many family/friends in the racing world....

God speed....

Chuck

Kevin:

You are demonstrating to all adults the way we should handle our most difficult time in this life.

That is the ending time in our life.

May we all follow your great spirit and example.

I wish you and all adults the best.

Neil Upchurch

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

We lost our little hero!

I received this email from his Mom, what an incredible family. God be with each of you our hearts are so heavy for you. We know where Kevin is at and we pray for your strength, he could not have asked for two better parents.

Sincerely,

H & Mary Ann Naumann

5/11/06 @ 10pm. Kevin claimed this checkered Flag today at 5:45pm. With friends and family around.

He is at peace now and not in any pain.

Service info will be posted at a later time.

God Bless

Richard, Dorothy & Kevin

Kev's website: http://users.stic.net/rsuberg

IM.sorry i never got to meet this fine young person but btw these post are worded id say he was a true CHAMPION in LARGE words MY HART goes out to the family . YOU HAVE A TRUE ANGEL.

[ Some time when its late at night .walk outside in the darkest [ sky.s ] up there will be a brite new shinning..[ STAR ] then you will know just where he ARE .

MAY GOD BLESS YOU .

Archived