Street Warz on Aug 26th

KISS_Racing

To give respect to Michelle I'm moving this...

Tommy, no I meant; when is Street Warz? I'm friends with Freddy, so I'm fimiliar with The Clash... No this car is a coalmination of several guys who used to street race... ;o) Their plan is to build a very streetable daily driver which will be DRIVEN not trailered to the track...

Keep us posted Tommy...

Time to go back to our roots...

Will do.One thing I've have noticed lately at the track, usually on a wednesday,we are getting more and more classic musle cars that have been restored to original condition coming out and making a few passes.Brings back alot of memories to see nice 65 Stangs,66 GTO's,Chevelles,Roadrunners,SuperBees,Cudas.even a few of the old RT's.The lastest to show up is a nice 62 Nova with the rear end moved foward a bunch and a straight axle frt end,looks like the early year Gasser. The owners of these cars are the older generation,and starting to come out of the woodwork with their investments and have a little fun. Street Warz type events with the Car Shows and Racing combined are growing in popularity and it's pretty neat when you see a 16 year old with a riced out import lined up next to gramps in a 34 Coupe on a starting line,the new technology vs the ole technology,the young schooler vs the ole schooler.And everybody having fun.

thats the way it is Budman,the chevy II even has a set of short chrome wheelie bars tucked up under it.The owner said it had been sitting a few years,they decided to get it going again.I like the car and whoever did the work on it did a good job.The first couple of weeks they had wide street tires on the back, but this past sat they had put some new wide Hoosier slicks on the rear,its hooked up now

Hey Tommy,

My buddy tells me there was a quick Mustnag at Madness this weekend. Did I understand this guy ran in the 7's with 1/8 mile gears and he was shutting off early? Also heard they had some problems getting it started (starter alignment). But when it did it ran good...

Not sure about what gears he had in it,but he did run 7's for sure.On a couple of shake down runs he shut it down early and still ran 8's.Mike Murillo was tuning on it.I think the guy driving may have been Joe Melton,may be mistaken,not sure They did have a problem a couple of times getting the car started.With several hundred street cars running down the track during the nite and for him to come up and rip some 7 sec passes was pretty impressive.Murillo also made a couple runs in his white stang,best pass was a hi 8.We talked before the races started and Mike said he calmed it down a little from last week when he put it on the rear bumper cover for about 200ft.Must be nice to take power away and still run 8's.

If you look back at the pictures of the Black Coupe, Mike's favorite thing was to put it on the back bumper. They had to convince him to put wheelie bars on it to go quicker/safer... My buddy mentioned Mike was tuning on the 7 sec. car, he also mentioned that Mike had his White car out as well...

The Clash should be real interesting... Got another buddy who is working on getting his Nova ready... He's got fuel issues and running as much Juice as he is, he can't afford to run out of Fuel... :D

Wish I could have been at Madness, but I had a Graduation to be at in Baton Rouge...

Tommy,

Had a guy by the shop last night, he has a Hatch that is blown and wants to get it tuned. Apparently he was at Madness and caught the Bug... We are going to try to talk him into running in street warz... Should be interesting, allowing for error the car should be mid to high 8's... Will See? Oh my buddy is ordering is cage from Wolff hopefully next week. Putting a F/C style in his coupe...

on edit: Should have 306 w/ S trim coming in about two weeks... Guess I'll have to change Signature!!! :D

I'm seeing alot of new cars the last few weeks testing.Alot of them are new to the game.Had a few Clash cars wed nite making hits.One was a sweet new 67 nova,with a small block,first pass out the gate he let off early and still ran 8.0 in the 1/4.Car is wicked.Another was a blower car,70 mustang that has been making passes for a few weeks,but was always driving thru the clutch and leaving the line soft.They finally got the clutch hooked up,now the driver has to learn how to handle the launch which is violent to say the least.

Archived