I-37 recap

NickHolt

For Immediate Release – May 5th Race Results from I-37 Speedway

Race Track Action finishes ahead of the Rain Showers

by Bill Morris

After a week away from the track, drivers and race fans ignored the threat of possible rain showers on Friday and arrived at the track ready to race. The complete racing program was completed prior to the rains that came to the area overnight.

Top on the excitement meter was the Pure Stock Feature event. Starting in the fourth row, Devine’s “Dubba” Hawkins moved quickly to the front, but was soon challenged by Poteet’s Abe Mares IV, who moved up from his starting position in the fifth row. It appeared that a wheel to wheel battle was shaping up when Lytle’s Nathan Lorenz called for help from the Poteet Fire Department that stands by during the racing program. With the fire out it was time to return to racing action, but Hawkins, suffering mechanical problems, took his entry to the pits. This left Mares unchallenged on his way to the checkered flag. Following Mares to the finish line was Elmendorf’s Richard Hearns, and Three Rivers driver Sean Terry. The top two finishers in the Pure Stock Feature were both newcomers to the 2006 racing season.

In the popular IMCA modified feature event, the front row set sail from the start and while the rest of the field was busy racing they ran all but unchallenged to the winners circle. Adkins’ Jamie Campbell lead Shawn O’Banon for 20 laps. Rounding out the top three was Corpus Christi’s Chuck Perry, who moved up from his starting spot, outside the third row.

The Texas Outlaw Modifieds provided a crash-filled 20 lap feature event with only 2 cars finishing on the lead lap. Top honors went to San Antonio’s Chris Snocker, followed by SA neighbor John Nicks. In third place, one lap down, was Elmendorf’s Brian Shaw. The Sports Modified feature was won by Ingram’s Claude Jordan, ahead of Gonzales’ David Meridith who finished in the runner-up spot.

In the feature event for the Super Stocks, Seguin’s Patrick Kelly visited the winner’s circle for the second time in as many weeks. Kelly moved from his starting spot, outside the second row, to take the lead on lap three. From there to the checkered flag he put a “whuppin’” on his fellow competitors. Crossing the finish line in second was Somerset’s Howie Marx, with Elmendorf’s Gary Hunter taking third place honors.

Drivers and fans will gather again next Friday at the I-37 Speedway for another evening of exciting Dirt Track Auto Racing. The track is located on I-37 at the 101 mile marker. Races start at 8:00pm.

brightlights if you know so much then tell me when his birthday is?? and it dont matter the car is a frount runner with a rokie driver...By the way what car do you drive??and if need to know the real reason he is not racing give me a call.......Abraham III

congrats abe.....it is a winning car with either driver.maybe winning is in the blood.take it easy on brightlights,he did not knock the winner.maybe he is like me and thinks the age thing is wrong with your boy.i know i think he should have been allowed,he already proved he is capable...Frank t.

Beez Power 5.........How does July the 12th sound to you.

I know your cars are always front runner *!

THE AGE THING was only thrown out there because of the injustice of not letting your son race his car. He looks like he will become a good driver, maybe as good as the rest of the MARES CLAN.

By the way where was your father-in-law, we missed him at the track

Brightlight

(*Build it right the first time, it only cost 10% more to go first class) YOU CALL ME !

brightlight no call I can only say we will be there friday and you can see him drive despite of what is going on with his car I built it for him I was just getting it warmed up for you.......as for my father inlaw I dont know if he will come out if frank and joe not running the show.........

Greyhair that was fun and I dont know about that ford since it could not hang with the big boys if im not wroung(that was a outlaw correct) and by the way Ford days are numbered i should have my car out in a few weeks. By the way where is your car????? you could have already bought one race ready.....

this is off there web site, so is this not right, there not paying what they say????

PLACE     SUPER STOCKS

1     $300.00

2     $200.00

3     $125.00

4     $100.00

5     $ 80.00

6     $ 70.00

7     $ 60.00

8     $ 50.00

9     $ 40.00

10   $ 35.00

11-24 $20.00

13 or less starting feature we start at 2nd place.

12 or less starting feature we start at 3rd place.

11 or less starting feature we start at 4th place.      

I know we are not into racing to get rich but lets do some math..

Gas for tow vehicle = $25.00

Fuel for race car = $27.50

Registration = $50.00

Pit entrance = $25.00 this is by yourself

Pit crew $25.00

Food and drink $25.00

Total $177.50

You can win $100.00

That with no damage on car and nothing breaking.

Guest bigfat
this is off there web site, so is this not right, there not paying what they say????

PLACE     SUPER STOCKS

1     $300.00

2     $200.00

3     $125.00

4     $100.00

5     $ 80.00

6     $ 70.00

7     $ 60.00

8     $ 50.00

9     $ 40.00

10   $ 35.00

11-24 $20.00

13 or less starting feature we start at 2nd place.

12 or less starting feature we start at 3rd place.

11 or less starting feature we start at 4th place.      

Looks like they're starting 11 or less cars. 1st would be $100 in that case.

Archived