The Kids need your help ASAP!

abrungot

We all know how hard it is to get funding for good causes!!

Here is the link to the voting:All Star Voting

From NASCAR.com:

Petty, sponsors to help camp if voted into all-star

Coca-Cola, others to donate minimum $250,000 if Petty voted in

From Press Release

May 5, 2006

06:49 PM EDT (22:49 GMT)

CHARLOTTE, N.C -- Behind the wheel of a special MyCokeRewards racecar, Kyle Petty will continue his hard-driving campaign for the health and well-being of chronically ill youth.

Set to launch Monday in downtown Charlotte, the "Vote Kyle, Reward Victory Junction" campaign is a grassroots effort fueled by Coca-Cola and other Petty Enterprises sponsors to reward the man who has given so much of his time and effort to charity with a spot in the Nextel All-Star Challenge on May 20, 2006, at Lowe's Motor Speedway.

For the upcoming Coca-Cola 600, the No. 45 Petty Enterprises Dodge will feature a special MyCokeRewards primary sponsorship paint scheme. Petty also will carry the scheme in the Nextel All-Star Challenge on May 20 if voted into the race or if he wins the Nextel Open qualifying race.

Should Petty make the race through the fan vote, Coca-Cola -- along with Petty Enterprises sponsors Wells Fargo, Schwan's and Tire Kingdom -- are donating a minimum of $250,000 to support the ongoing efforts of the Victory Junction Gang Camp. Additionally, Petty and his Petty Enterprises team also will donate any purse money won in the Nextel All-Star Challenge to Victory Junction. If Petty wins the race, that's an additional $1,000,000 to Victory Junction.

Fellow NASCAR driver and Victory Junction supporter Michael Waltrip will be announced as Petty's campaign manager at Monday's rally launching the "Vote Kyle, Reward Victory Junction" initiative. Speakers at the event will include seven-time Cup champion Richard Petty, business executives and Charlotte mayor Pat McCrory. Also present at the rally, where race fans will get a sneak peek at the MyCokeRewards racecar Petty will drive in the Coca-Cola 600 and the Nextel Open, will be families and campers from Victory Junction.

"The 'Vote Kyle, Reward Victory Junction' campaign is the ideal way to salute Kyle for his devotion to Victory Junction and the many kids the camp serves," said Bea Perez, vice president of media, sports and entertainment for Coca-Cola North America. "Kyle has been a friend of Coca-Cola for a number of years, and we know he never thinks of himself first.

"By campaigning for Kyle to run the No. 45 MyCokeRewards Dodge in the Nextel All-Star Challenge, we can both honor Kyle and support Victory Junction's mission of providing care, comfort and opportunities to chronically ill children."

Voting for the Nextel All-Star Challenge is currently open, and fans are invited to cast a vote to help get their favorite driver into the event by text messaging a vote on Nextel/Sprint phones or voting online at NASCAR.COM. Voting will run through May 20 with the winner announced the day of the race.

Race fans interested in more information about the "Vote Kyle, Reward Victory Junction" campaign have been asked to go to a special Web site, votekylepetty.com.

"What Coca-Cola, Wells Fargo, Schwan's and Tire Kingdom are doing to honor me and reward Victory Junction at the same time is really special, but also very humbling," Petty said. "The response from fans to what we have created through the camp been overwhelming, and I'll look to them to help get the MyCokeRewards car into the race and raise even more money for the ones who matter most -- the campers.

"If I make the race, you can be sure I'll do my best to bring home $1,000,000 to the kids."

The Nextel All-Star Challenge showcases race winners from the previous and current Nextel Cup seasons, plus the winner of the Nextel Open, a preliminary event for teams not qualified for the all-star event, and another Open driver who wins a fan vote into the all-star event. Both races will air on FX on May 20 at 7 p.m. ET

back when he took out dale sr and davey allison in the last lap.........it has been a while

yep............it's cool what he does for the kids with charity events..........and not taking anything away from you arron , but charity should'nt buy it's way into anything , ecspecially not a race that has more deserving people (from there racing skills) competing to get in the same event. jmo-maybe he can prove to me and many others tonight that he 'deserves'the oppurtunnity.

Archived