ASA LMS Northern Division debuts at I-70

By ASA Late Model Series Staff

Lexington, Michigan (05/04/2006): The ASA Late Model Series Northern Division Presented by GM Performance Parts drivers, fans, officials, staff, and teams are now enroute to the first ever event for the ASALMS Northern Division.

This Friday and Saturday May 5-6, the cars and stars of the ASALMS Northern Division will christen the inaugural season for the Northern division and make the trek to the Show-Me State of Missouri and the famed I-70 (MO) Speedway in Odessa, Missouri for the running of the Midwest Diesel Performance 100.

For the Midwest Diesel Performance 100, the I-70 Super Trucks and Enduro Cars will join the ASALMS Northern Division in kicking off the 2006 and inaugural season for the Northern Division.

Fans and drivers alike will come from all over the state of Missouri, neighboring Kansas, and several other destinations all around the United States and all will be a part of history this weekend as some of the best drivers in the country take on the wicked 0.543 mile high-banked paved oval.

Keep up to date all weekend long by staying logged in right here on the ASALMS Northern Division website beginning on Friday afternoon during the all afternoon practice session and all race day Saturday. Stay logged in all weekend long by clicking on the link below: Midwest Diesel Performance 100 Race Weekend

Friday May 5th has been set aside as a practice day to get the cars and stars of the ASALMS Northern Division acclimated to the fast high-banks located 30 minutes East of Kansas City. ASALMS Officials will be on hand for this afternoon/early evening session.

Pit Gates will open at 1:00 pm and the practice session will run from 2:00 pm thru 7:00 pm. Pit passes will be $20 per person. The session will be non-stop! Breaks will be given periodically during the session to allow haulers and participants to enter and exit the facility. Teams will work off the back of their trailers.

An after Practice Party; “Beer, Bands and BBQ” will be happening right after the practice sessions featuring a live remote from 101fm “The Fox” radio station.

Live music will be playing and the pre race party will offer the teams a chance to enjoy some I-70 Speedway hospitality and get to know their fellow competitors from the Northern Division. The pre race party begins immediately following the practice sessions at approximately 7:00pm.

Odessa, Missouri Mayor; Anthony J. Bamvakais has declared Race Day Saturday May 6th; “I-70 Speedway Day” in the city of Odessa! Race Day begins with Rig Parking at 10:30am. Tech will begin at 11:30am while the first of two practice sessions will go at 1:00pm for 60 minutes. The second and final practice will begin at 2:15pm and last for 45 minutes.

Qualifying is set for 4:00pm. Since this is the inaugural event for the ASALMS Northern Division, the Top 24 in Qualifying will be locked into the Midwest Diesel Performance 100. Positions 25-26 will be reserved for Past Champions of the ASALMS Challenge Division. If those aren’t needed, then the final two positions will go to the next two in qualifying, setting the 26-car field.

The rest of the field will then tentatively run the 25-lap GM Performance Parts Shootout, for teams who unfortunately do not make the 100-lap feature. The GMPP Shootout is tentatively set for 7:00pm.

After I-70 Enduro Cars and Super Trucks events and pre race ceremonies, the Midwest Diesel Performance 100 will get the green flag at approximately 8:30pm. All times are in accordance with Central Standard Time (CST).

The famed 0.543 mile high-banked paved oval holds the unique distinction of hosting events from all three ASALMS Divisions in 2006! In addition to the Northern Division opener, the televised ASALMS Challenge Division will make the trek to Odessa, Missouri on Saturday July 9th for the Missouri 150.

Finally the third and final appearance of the season by the ASALMS will see both the Northern and the Southern Divisions will go head to head as part of the 2006 World Cup weekend on September 22-24 during the North VS South All-Star Showdown 200.

Dave Crawford of The Virtual Thunder Online Racing Game has developed a program just for the ASALMS Fans and Teams that will award one of our lucky teams some cash awards at the year end banquet based on play volume.

You can still sign up to play for free all season long and support your series drivers and put some money in their pockets at years’ end. So go out and have some fun, support your teams and sponsors like Virtual Thunder that support short track racing and the ASALMS.

Virtual Thunder, enhances the ASALMS race weekends by allowing our fans to pick who will win, who will make the top five and who will be the best in qualifying. All for absolutely free! To log onto Virtual Thunder and make your picks for the Midwest Diesel Performance 100; go to: Virtual Thunder

For more information about the I-70 Speedway, log onto their website at: I-70 Speedway

Archived