ROMCO and local classes @ CC

Jason

ROMCO farther down.

Before the ROMCO race the Texas Thunder cars ran their feature with G.B. Carter in his #77 VW Rabbit taking the win (I wonder how many wins this guy has total. Gotta be hundreds.).

After the ROMCO race the super street class ran. There was a car that flipped. I did not see it because we decided to go see if the dirt track was open after the ROMCO race. It wasn't so we returned to the track. The driver was put on a strecher but did not want to go to the hospital. I have no idea how his condition is. I assume he is alert. Unfortunatly he will not get the roll over fund. He only flipped on to his roof. Later on in the race Greg Carlucci Jr. made contact with several cars while going for the lead. He made contact with the #7, #33, and #71. When the race was over and Greg Carlucci Jr. was stopped he was hit by the 7 car and then side swiped by the 71 car. His father stopped and must have ran into the back of the 7 car. The 71 car came back around through the grass stopped and then did a burnout throwing dirt on everyone at the cars trying to stop a fight. He came back around and as he was about to exit the racing surface he nearly hit someone. Some how he was forced to stop his car and Greg Carlucci got out and ran towards his car. I found out later the driver of the 71 car is 16 years old. There were people all over the place furious. I think the tension just built up because Greg Carlucci Jr. has been doing this sort of stuff for years. #71 is now barred from the track for the rest of the year maybe longer. What he did was wrong. I feel though that the track could have prevented this by letting Carlucci Jr. know a long time ago that this sort of racing would not be tolerated. Fighting is wrong but this rough driving led up to it and could have been prevented.

During the bomber race an argument broke out in the stands. Two women on two different teams began arguing. Drinks were thrown at each other and the security guards had to seperate them. I think some of the people involved were forced to leave.

The ROMCO race started out with a little bumping in the first turn. There were some quick cautions but about half way through #33 spun. While sliding down the track Greg Davidson went low I guess either trying to avoid the spin or pass Heil for the lead. If there is an accident does the scoring go back to the last green flag lap? Graham Baker piled into the wreck and their nights were done. Before this Chris Davidson had dropped to the back quickly. The ROMCO cars had a stretch of green flag racing. During this time Chris Davidson pulled his new #71 Turner Motorsports car into the infield. Joey Heinaman and Eric Covington got together and both spun. Joey pulled into the infield as he didn't have much water pressure? and his car was pushing bad. I am curious as to what Chris Davidson said to Joey in the infield during a caution. Tommy Grothues had been trying to get by Eddy Wallace for many laps and the two finally made contact on the straight away and in the first turn. It seemed as if Eddy drove down on Grothues. Eddy Wallace was hard into the wall which ended his night. John Heil won followed by a hard charging T Wade Welch and Tommy Grothues. John Heil did an awesome powerbrake into donuts. One of the best burnouts I have ever seen.

Jason

NOTE: This is what I saw so please don't be offended if it did not happen exactly this way.

Beautiful recap, Jason. I almost feel like I was there.

Hope the rollover driver turns out A-ok. SAS had a pro-sedan (Jamie Garner) transported to Wilford Hall after a pretty hard front end hit into the inner wall between 1/2. Glad to report that Quality had the second ambulance enroute, before they ever got the car or the track cleaned up. Unfortunately, the 2nd ambulance had a bit of a problem locating the turn in TO the track from Hwy. 16 and the driver had to wait a while for the 2nd ambulance to backtrack (literally) to the track entrance.

Sounds like quite a night all around.

Actually, the 71 ran into the 7 which caused the 7 to get into the 34. Kaminski #7 wasnt upset with Greg at all after the race. The 71 driver was upset because the 7 car had gotten into him earlier in the race, which in my opinion was hard not to do since the 71 was all over the place and has been that way since he started. The kid has an attitude problem. And Gregs father didnt run into the 7, he pulled up on him because he thought like you, that the 7 had run into Greg. The 71 car was banned because he actually made contact with the 7 cars brother while he was leaving the track. I dont condone rough driving but this track is a tough little bullring and you can be 3-4 tenths faster than someone in front of you, but not be able to get by them without using the chrome horn a little. I dont have a problem with that as long as you dont use them for brakes going in or take them to the wall. Moving someone a little in the center or coming off so you can make the pass is short track racing and I wouldnt want it any other way. Otherwise it would just be follow the leader. The 13 tried to move the 3 car several times during the Romco race in an effort to get by him, but it was just good hard racing, yet no mention of that. I am not necessarily a 34 fan, but its pretty obvious that you arent. JMO

When the 13 car got into the 3 car during the ROMCO race the 13 car let up and let him gather things back up. The 34 doesn't do that. He just plows right into guys and gets away with it. I've seen him take so many people out and the track does nothing. You are right. The 71 should be barred for what he did. And I am proud to say I am not a fan of the 34.

Jason

:o

Jason,

That's a normal night at CC speedway. That's why so many in this area don't even go to the track as spectaters much less take there cars. If you can't pass me without touching me then you must not be a race car driver. Hopefully saratoga gets going again and you can watch real racing where drivers don't use other cars to win races.

I kinda keep C.C. as an out of site out of mind ordeal. It is hard to believe that so much Texas Racing history comes from that track, that it couldn't, but could be in the top 3 places (asphalt) in Texas to race at. It is sad, it really is. I used to love watching GOOD races there all of the time, but that probably wont happen for a while. I know most of us got our hopes up when there was a possibility of someone buying it, but who knows, maybe we will get lucky and someone will buy it. Fighting on the track, pits, stands... for crying out loud! That only makes that place worse...

Just my .02

Tim :angry:

This thread has turned into a bash on the speedway and that is too bad. There are bad apples in every bunch. I have seen Romco drivers come to blows. Emotions run high in short track racing, so I dont understand what the big deal is and how that can be blamed on the track.

And I guess the guys in Nascar arent real racers either, since they use other cars to win races all the time. All the top drivers in the sport that have multiple wins use the chrome horn when needed. The ones here that have raced know that some guys you have to move to get by them.

I would love to take my car back to the speedway but not until something is done about the rough driving and favoritism. As long as the current owners are running things, it won't change. I shouldn't have to go home and spend all week fixing my car so I can race again the next week. A little discipline goes a long ways. I know many drivers that will return after the ownership changes. I would rather race and be happy than have a demo derby and fight when it's all over.

No I have not. Yes there are some crazy people out there. I just am tired of going to CCSpeedway and see Carlucci take out 15 people. It gets sickening to watch it. If that dirt track woulda been open I would have been there after ROMCO. We went by it and the lights were off so we came back to CC.

I think a little bumping is what short track racing is all about. But when it is the same guy week after week doing it just for the hell of it, thats when something needs to be done just like Jason said. Now what I hate is when someone like Jeff Gordon will move you over to win a race and think its fine one week, and the next he is whining and crying for thirty minutes during an interview because "so and so hit me" or "so and so bumped me", that pisses me off.

Guest CCPitboss

I read Jason’s play by play of what happened on ROMCO night at CC Speedway and I guess his mind must have been on the dirt track because I did not see the same scenario he describes. I have also viewed three different videos and they do not support his conclusions either. Yes, there was a fight (more of an aggressive argument) in the stands, the first I have seen at the track in many years. This could happen at any sporting event anywhere at any time. I do not think it will happen from the same group again after the drivers they support finished talking with them. As for the incident with Super Street # 71 the events described by “champ1796” paint a more accurate picture. I am ultimately responsible for all the calls made at CC Speedway and feel we are as fair as we can be. We do make mistakes at time and we try to rectify them when we can. I do not play favorites to any driver and multiple drivers have been penalized for rough driving. But bumping is racing and on a small track such as CC Speedway it is going to happen. I do realize Jason as never raced before. Good luck to racers everywhere. Mike Creacy - CC Speedway Pit “Boss”

Guest CCPitboss

My earlier remarks were not meant to bash Jason but to state the obvious. This board has an administrator message that says the following:

Please follow the rules here at TexasSpeedzone.com!

NO BASHING OF ANY KIND!

(4) Don't be abusive, disruptive or rude. This includes posting or sending personal attacks on other members or other offensive, defamatory or otherwise inappropriate material.

The administrator (Jason) needs to reread his own message since in this thread he has bashed the track (CC Speedway) and several drivers as well. Everyone has a right to there own opinion but Jason tries to give the appearance of a racing professional yet he has never driven nor been involved in racing of any type other than as a spectator or through this web board. The drivers, all of them, put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into putting on a good show on Saturday night and do not deserve this type of criticism. I try to be fair to all and do the best I can at treating every driver with courtesy and respect. Good luck to racers everywhere.

Mike Creacy – CC Speedway Chief Steward

I am sorry that you feel I was bashing but saying somebody wrecked somebody else is not bashing. Saying a certain driver has been doing it for years and gets away with it is not bashing either. Talking about someone's personal life and putting someone down to intentionally piss them off is bashing. Jonathan Cleaver, you are gone. We have given you SEVERAL warnings. Goodbye.

Mike, what does not having racing experience have to do with acting professional? You state rule #4 but then you take a shot at me? What's up with that? Double standards?

Jason

Guest CCPitboss

. Jason, It is not double standards. It is giving you a taste of your own medicine. You place a message at the beginning saying no bashing and you then proceed to bash at will. Discussing actual facts is one thing but saying a driver takes out 15 cars and the track official did nothing about it when none of the above happened is bashing. From reading your post and your discussions of what drivers and track officials are doing wrong one would think you have been racing for years when in reality we both know the closest you have been is in the stands for a couple of years. Now this is not a bad thing since in order to stay open a track needs people in the stands. All I ask is when you speak of a driver and track, any track or any driver, think of the affect you could be having with those that read your post and have never been to the track or do not know the driver. I know from experience that running a race and trying to keep everybody in line and always do what is right is not easy but we all try. My point on your not having race experience is that maybe if you had raced or pitted some or had been involved in putting on an actual race you would see things a little different. It is easy to criticize form the stands when you have never driven or to actually make a call. As I said earlier, drivers put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into putting on a show each Saturday night and deserve better.

Mike Creacy - CC Speedway – Chief Steward

Ok,

The original post was made at 1:16am after the ROMCO race. I had just gotten home and I was still fired up. Again saying somebody wrecked someone else is not bashing. As I stated in an earlier post on this site i did not really mean 15. Since you have 3 tapes of the race take a look at going into turn 1 when Carlucci Jr. was trying to pass that Dr. They come up on a lap car and Carlucci turns right into the Dr. Now why is this? That is when the get bunched up out of 2 and the 7 car takes the lead. I was talking with a lady who's family raced out there. She agreed with me that Carlucci gets away with a lot of stuff. You are right though. I only have watched the races as a spectator. I don't have to make the difficult calls. That is not a job I would want as I am sure I would have to be dealing with someone who's opinions are similar to mine. As far as putting down the track. I said CCSpeedway needs to put a stop to the dirty driving. I do support the track. If you take a look in other posts I think the best racers come out Corpus Christi. If you can drive CCSpeedway you can drive almost anywhere. There is a post on here about ROMCO in CC. I supported CCSpeedway there. I will probably be out there this weekend for the TAMS race as I am off. I look forward to it as the modifieds are always great.

In fact because rumors of Saratoga closing down have been so strong lately I may be racing a bomber or texas thunder car at CCSpeedway next year. I just want to break into racing at an entry level that is cheap to run. Then maybe I will get some experience and learn what kind of dedication it takes to race and win.

Again at the bottom of the original post I said

NOTE: This is what I saw so please don't be offended if it did not happen exactly this way.

Jason

Archived