Texana Raceway recap and results, 4/29/06

NickHolt

Race Results – Texana Raceway Park – Saturday April 29th

The Number of Cars Racing at Texana Raceway Park Continues to Grow.

By Bill Morris

For the third race in a row the number of cars traveling to the South Texas dirt track continued to grow, with the number of competitors approaching the 100 mark. Track officials treated race fans to two dozen race events including the preliminary heat events and the exciting feature events.

The popular Dwarf Cars started the largest field with 17 drivers taking the green flag for their 20 lap feature event. San Antonio’s Dave Tedford held off all challengers to take top honors ahead of Markham’s Steve Gilbert and El Campo’s Jason Conrad. Conrad returned to competition after taking a year off, but returned to run with the leaders.

In the Mini-Stock feature event Victoria’s Nick Moore parked his Mustang in the winners circle ahead of Port Lavaca’s Buddy Mosley and Victoria’s Emily Hayes. In other Stock Car action, Monty Charberlain, of Louise, lead the bomber division from the “green to the checkered” to take his third feature win in a row. Following Chamberlain to the finish line was Angleton’s Bobby Coe, with Bastrops’ Danny Bennett rounding out the top three finishers.

The results of the Retro Racing action in the Super Coupes competition put Troy Baugh, of San Antonio in the winners circle, ahead of San Antonio neighbor Tom Yudizky and Spring Branch’s Duane Dixon. Race fans enjoyed a peek into the past as the Super Coupes showed them how it used to be.

A record number of Hot Stock Trucks took the green flag for the 12 lap feature event, but early mechanical problems eliminated Victoria’s Bob Ort from an opportunity to add to his string of feature wins. With Ort in the pits, Victoria’s Jimmie Rogers captured top honors ahead of 2005 Track Champion Darryl Davis of Victoria. Rounding out the top three finishers was Glenn Repka, also of Victoria.

The exciting Super Stock feature event was won by El Campo’s Adam Perks, followed by defending Track Champion Ken Densman of Victoria, and Edna’s Eric Floyd. In Late Model action Victoria’s Kevin Migura continued to give the other competitors dirt track racing lessons. Leading from start to finish, he was the class of the field. Following Migura to a distant second place was Inez’s Buck McFarlin ahead of Victoria’s Rory Jordan.

In the always competitive Street Stock feature, Austin’s AJ Dancer made a late race pass of Edna’s GW Hessong to take the checkered flag. Finishing third was Rosharon’s Johnny Gay.

In IMCA Sport Modified action Cuero’s Aaron Hudgeons retained his points lead with a feature win. Hudgeons was followed to the finish line by team mate Shane Hoefling from Meyersville and Lake Jackson’s Cody Hildebrant. In the IMCA Sunoco Modifieds, defending 2005 Track champion, Micky Helms took top honors in the 20 lap feature ahead of Art Rodriguez and Manville’s Earl Whatley.

The next racing event for the Texana Raceway Park is scheduled for Saturday, May 13th. It will be ladies night at the track with the first 100 ladies receiving a beautiful carnation, courtesy of “All About Flowers” of Edna. Texana Raceway Park is located on State Highway 111, three miles southeast of Highway 59. Races start at 8:00 pm.

I have deleted several posts in this thread.

Texas Speed Zone is not the place to bash a driver. If you have a problem with someone's driving, take it up in private please.

Nick Holt

Nick, Maybe you should post your definition of bashing. Someone posted there opinion of my driving style (or lack of) and I replied. If this forum is not here to allow people to discuss the races and there opinions... then what is it for? I did not consider it a bash until YOU deleted a post where a fellow driver praised my driving.....Now that is an insult, is ther some reason why a person can not tell me I did good? I belive you owe me an apology and I would like for you to put ALL the posts back...... I belive a person should be able to take the good with the bad, and if someone thinks I did something wrong I would like to at least tell my side, and a public forum is the best place to do it.....because if one person writes it that means 10 people are thinking it but a scared to open their mouth. AJ

I believe the anti-bashing stance here at TXSZ is clear and is posted at various spots around the forum. Most people complain when I don't take bashes against them down quickly enough.

And if I removed a post that complimented your driving, it certainly was unintentional and I do apologize for that.

Just because you do not mind being bashed does not mean TXSZ allows bashing of drivers, officials, etc. In fact, I received a complaint from a TXSZ memeber about the posts that were bashing your driving. I then wrote to the person who was doing the bashing requesting that he/she stop bashing (which was acknowledged) but the bashing continued anyway. That is when the bashes and your reponses were removed.

By the way, there is no way in the forum software to reinstate the removed bashes.

Nick Holt

Unfortunately, the part of my post that was edited was a sincere compliment. I've found 52 to be a person who will help anyone he can with anything. He truly does demonstrate good sportsmanship.

My comments were not a bash, but instead were a compliment to the overall spirit 52 represents to the sport. I'm sure if the officials thought a driving style was not appropriate, they would have noted that, because they don't tolerate it at Texana.

Archived