winning idea

thumper

I have a great idea how to win races in 3 steps.First handicap any car not like mine who might be able to run with me.I dont want any modern designs to get involved.Second,spend ten times more than cars like mine so they cant run with me.Third,get rid of the claim rule so nobody can do anything about it. If the cars not like mine still beat me I will get more handicaps for them.If I cant win like that,I should quit.After all,CC Speedway is all about affirmative action.Or is it?I am anxious to see a field of 15,000$ mini stocks.Should be a packed house.Anyone who wants to use skill instead if money should go to the dirt track.I dont want them.

besides gb dont you own a junk yard? well a junk yard gets all kinds of parts (even wrecked after market parts than can be used and for you free) if we all owned our own junk yard we would have a "junk yard car" too. Its not that they spend too much money or alot of money on their fords its you have "free" access to all your parts so quit putting down the fords for the money spent. just show up and race.

WOW this is a interesting thread.

It looks like only people with money can race in your TT class

It's just like our jetski races.

We allowed modern stuff so the average guy can race. (old 2-stroke vs. new FI 4-stroke)

If no FI allowed then only people that already own really old cars can race

or people That have lots of money to retro a new car. (been there done that, not fun)

Our fans like the new stuff better because they relate, They own one at the lake. They see us racing then BAM they are at the next race in beginner class then hooked.

I cannot see an (average) 18 yr old today looking at a old early 80's car than a newer Honda, Mazda, or cavalier and saying he would be cooler telling his friends watch him race in something they could relate to. This is 2006!

Reading All the stuff that was posted! looking in from the outside thats what people see.

The people that already own old cars don't want to lose, And the people with newer cheaper stuff go on to race at bigger tracks.

I have a great idea how to win races in 3 steps.First handicap any car not like mine who might be able to run with me.I dont want any modern designs to get involved.Second,spend ten times more than cars like mine so they cant run with me.Third,get rid of the claim rule so nobody can do anything about it. If the cars not like mine still beat me I will get more handicaps for them.If I cant win like that,I should quit.After all,CC Speedway is all about affirmative action.Or is it?I am anxious to see a field of 15,000$ mini stocks.Should be a packed house.Anyone who wants to use skill instead if money should go to the dirt track.I dont want them.

I see gb finally got his pants in a waaa a d.I suppose 15 000 dollar car drivers dont have any real driving skills .it seems to me .if the rule hurts you .you dont have enough skill to race .you havent won many : races on the dirt .so you want to come back to asphault .your welcomed .but the drivers and track are trying to fix this . and i do believe you just put down every driver that has a high dollar car .i hope that was not you intention . :D

GB,

I'm not sure what has got you so excited, obviously you have some misinformation or don't understand what went on last night. We were having a discussion about some rule changes last night but I HAVE NOT come to a final decision yet. If you want to discuss this further I pm'ed you my daytime # . I am only trying to come up with a compromise for every racers interest not just fwd or rwd.

I noticed some drivers left upset in the thunder meeting .thats not what don wants .or us .I believe the thunder class will be a good one Isaw new drivers .welcome .and don and crew should be thanked for talking to everyone who wanted to be heard.there was some good ideals .i didnt make the first one this year when.the other manager had his .but by the lack of complaints today most people are laying back to see what comes out of it . good job cc .

I looked to see on other sites if a 2006 mustang was being used in your type of 4cyl racing.

Could not find one. They all have v8 motors and wrong wheel base (very expinsive retrofit).

The 98 your friend sold would be a better choice.

They still had no 4cyl though?? I don't think Ford makes any rwd fi 4 cyl at all

you would still have to put old running gear in a newer car, to expinsive I would think

I would look more towards a probe, focus, mistique, or merker if you like fords.

Personly though I like Mustangs myself I am a V8 kinda person. Pintos YUK, I found a million though

GB,Tear man i feel ya. I spend 15000$ on my car and i still can beat ya. Geuss ill have to try and spend 20-30000 maybe ill have a chance against your wild vw that you spent 1000 dollars in your motor and our junk yard car.And if i still can beat ya then i geuss i just dont have the skill. Your just pissed cause your buddy told you the min. weight might be 2100lbs and your car isnt gonna like it. Well take some of that hard earned money you make off winning and invest it in your motor and go that much faster weighing 2100lbs instead whinning. I know you have the skill to build a fast vw and some hella drivings skills but man you grip way to much if you cant get something you want.

Well,it liiks like I did not get the facts straight.It seems the things talked about are under advisement and not decided.CC wants car count and new cars so they are looking at going back to a weight deal of 1 lb per cc and stock non ported heads like the old days in the 90s.I remember pulling my head a couple of times at the track.They are looking into a P&G meter to size engines.I believe thats what oldtimer and crt keep refering to when they talk about the old days of big car counts.They want the small engined cars with 1600 to 1800CC engines to have a fair chance too.They are looking into the future at what kinds of cars will be available to race.They are looking at some kind of restrictor that will uniformly equal airflow in the weight to carb size or injected airflow.Eather on the exaust or intake side.They want everyone to be able to race and have a chance with any brand of car,not favoring any model.This will be a tremendous task but they have done it before.I get the idea they are tired of hearing all of us crying in our towels and may start with a clean sheet.Now would be a really good time for you Ford guys to show them how you will get new cars and fill the field.Their listening now.They are not likely to allow FWD cars to lock the diff to gain an advantage.Heres the deal.Show CC how to get 25+ cars with the rules you want and you might get them.But time is short.On a personal note,anybody that thinks adding 100 lbs to my car will slow me down doesnt know me.Been there ,done that.

well i had a buddy go and buy a 2006 mustang and when i opened the hood all the suspension is almost the same as the 1998 mustang . so building one wouldnt be a problem. a 2300 will just slid right in so sure it would be a 2006 body with a older motor but it wouldnt be very hard i just need the body if i find one it will be on the track

My two cents...

It's that time of year...

GB's bitching...

Fords are spending bucks...

People coming out of retirement....

Will is creating new words "thunderism"...

Man, I LOVE racing season!!!

GB,

Just kidding about your bitching...of all people I know you are trying to keep it even across the board and build car count...it wont make any difference on the weight on you...I've seen that...

I, still considering myself somewhat of a rookie, am very thankful I get to race against you, Will, Todd, and the others that have been doing this awhile. Obviously I want to win, just like everyone else, but more importantly, to me, is to be competitive and have fun. Just like you used to ask me the first year I started racing...no matter how bad the night was you always asked..."but are you having fun?" and the answer was always yes.

So, I'm going to have fun again tonight win, lose, or draw and I'll be back on to watch the next episode of "As The Track Turns" or " The Good, The Bad, and the Fords" or "General Racing" LOL

My two cents...

It's that time of year...

GB's bitching...

Fords are spending bucks...

People coming out of retirement....

Will is creating new words "thunderism"...

Man, I LOVE racing season!!!

GB,

Just kidding about your bitching...of all people I know you are trying to keep it even across the board and build car count...it wont make any difference on the weight on you...I've seen that...

I, still considering myself somewhat of a rookie, am very thankful I get to race against you, Will, Todd, and the others that have been doing this awhile. Obviously I want to win, just like everyone else, but more importantly, to me, is to be competitive and have fun. Just like you used to ask me the first year I started racing...no matter how bad the night was you always asked..."but are you having fun?" and the answer was always yes.

So, I'm going to have fun again tonight win, lose, or draw and I'll be back on to watch the next episode of "As The Track Turns" or " The Good, The Bad, and the Fords" or "General Racing" LOL

OK rick we will let you pat yourself on the back this time .that was good .

• 9 months later...

Its just too quiet and this stuff is too funny.We will miss you RickI just wonder what 07 will be like.Just found out the Ghia I have been saving is a 69 and that means an IRS rear.Looking better all the time.BTW,I looked at the 2003 rules and it said ANY WHEEL.not just steel wheel.Mags are more pleantyful and cheap and have never caused a problem.Are they not legal now?

G.B. your going to build another ghia I bet. Prolly already had it for years. I wonder if crt ever got that retro-mustang finnished? Sounded like a good idea to me, get a big ol car that came with a v6 or v8 and put a 4 cylinder in it. This is my favorite time of year. And this stuff is funny, thunderism LOL!

Archived