pump gas only

ford12

And Nick@ Ratdaddy if i didnt race a car i would take you up on your offer on being tech guy at least if i did tech i would make sure it was straight down the middle like its suppose to be. I have seen people get tech and the guy doing it wasnt being very fair with one car to the next. And i have also seen the guy tech and just didnt know what he was saying or doing. I think if your gonna tech a carb or throttle body on the fi cars then you need to tach all top 3 cars. I remember 2 years ago the tech guy check my brothers car and will neon for carb and throttle body but didnt check GB vw. Then i ask why and they said they disnt know nothin about his carb.. Wwll i geuss they needed to learn then wouldnt you say. I know i dont everything there is to know but i promise you i know more than they ever will.

I vote timmy for president. :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To keep the cars at the level they are is not for my benifit.Its for car count.I can do the same things that the hi dollar cars can but most of the guys cant.And what for?Doesnt make the race any better.Many people want to race but cant invest lots of time or money.There are other classes for that.Mike,in 1999 you guys changed the rules almost weekly until there were no VWs left.I remember Thomas came to me one night for help because his car would not move.The weight you guys made him add made his car sit on the frame,bottomed out.This is what happens when you try to control the winning with rules,the wrong people are affected.And wdw64 this is what happened by adding weight.I won my last race that year at 2230#s .I came back with a RWD car the next year and raced it for 2 years until rule changes forced it out of competetion.You can make it an all rear drive class and I am looking at a Nissan 240SX.But then you will say American only like last years Pro 4 race.Theres no end.Right now I am in a heated battle with a car thats faster than mine because someone went to work and we are swapping wins.Every week I am changing things to keep up and so is he.Its called RACING.At CC he is already eliminated because he is fuel injected.Tonight I am re-doing my car again to try to beat him.Its sad I will not be able to race against him at CC as well as others like him who realize the success may depend on what type of car is used to begin with along with the talent to make it the best it can be.Let the witch hunt begin,the purse will determan where I race. Thumper :ph34r:

Ratdaddy, I really appreciate your responses on this forum. Just the fact we know you are reading these posts gives me some peace of mind that things will be worked out. No input from the track allows too much rumor & speculation, usually to the detriment of the track & racing in general.BIG THANKS!!! GB, have NOT seen any one advocating Pro Sedan rules, but claim rule has NOT kept out HIGH $$$$ engines.If memory serves , you posted about high $$$ engine running TT at STS. Set the rules & if some one wants to spend $$$$ let them! If the car is legal money spent shouldn't matter,any more than years of experience.You want to be told you can't race TT because you have too many years in this class. Way I see it, same difference. Real problem is all these pesky MINI-STOCKS that have been around for years.They are NOT TT cars & can't be put back. To keep car counts up they have been allowed to run as TT's ,should be other way around.As soon as they learn they need other mods to be competive, they become minis. There is no one solution to all this but at least we're working at it.JMO

well said gb. i dont recall thomas being that fast that he got hammer.ed .and the teck man probly did his job to .ithink the pro cars are mainly the 7 .and 11 cars .i dont know yet why the fi cars are not alould .i dont think that is settled yet .and the 7 wont be there racing as for as i know .we really have to many racing parts on the car for thunders .but that car is loaded down with 300 pounds .it is 2586 ..and with street tires it is not very fast. the weight has really took out alot of what that car could really do thats why the other series did it .it worked. but they adjusted some this year to help us out .its up to me .to use it the best i can .i hope that the fi cars can run .at cc aswell as the dirt .and we got beat buy a vw bug in sa .i was tickled about that .as for as car count .thats why these cars need to be seen out side of the track in a mall or someplace .have a good day .

Here is a pump gas story. One time at band camp, just kidding. One time at ccms we all went through tech and were told to give a sample of our gas. So I gave my sample in the bottle provided. My car had a stock motor in it so I ran pump gas, no problem, after all that was the rules. My gas wound up not passing their test. Funny that was, because I bought that gas from a gas station. I told the tech man lets go back to the gas station and get another sample and he said no, just dont buy gas there again. I said ok. Anyway that is a pump gas story.

<sounds kinda gassy to me!>

To keep the cars at the level they are is not for my benifit.Its for car count.I can do the same things that the hi dollar cars can but most of the guys cant.And what for?Doesnt make the race any better.Many people want to race but cant invest lots of time or money.There are other classes for that.Mike,in 1999 you guys changed the rules almost weekly until there were no VWs left.I remember Thomas came to me one night for help because his car would not move.The weight you guys made him add made his car sit on the frame,bottomed out.This is what happens when you try to control the winning with rules,the wrong people are affected.And wdw64 this is what happened by adding weight.I won my last race that year at 2230#s .I came back with a RWD car the next year and raced it for 2 years until rule changes forced it out of competetion.You can make it an all rear drive class and I am looking at a Nissan 240SX.But then you will say American only like last years Pro 4 race.Theres no end.Right now I am in a heated battle with a car thats faster than mine because someone went to work and we are swapping wins.Every week I am changing things to keep up and so is he.Its called RACING.At CC he is already eliminated because he is fuel injected.Tonight I am re-doing my car again to try to beat him.Its sad I will not be able to race against him at CC as well as others like him who realize the success may depend on what type of car is used to begin with along with the talent to make it the best it can be.Let the witch hunt begin,the purse will determan where I race. Thumper :ph34r:

:o Now C.C is putting minimum weight at 2100 lbs for Texas Thunders. Suspension won't handle it & the motor won't push it unless I put a whole lot of money into the car. I guess nobody wants to see VWs on the track any more.

well no they are not putting the minimum weight at 2100 they said they will do research and rules might change as the season progresses. in doing this it will eventual lead to more of an equal playing field. But no your wrong there is no rule saying 2100 pounds as a bench mark weight.

Don said at the meeting that he would make a decision on that so it has not been decieded yet on the weight for tx thunders.Great turn out for the meeting and lots of registrations (not sure how many).Looks like its gona be a good driver turn out at CC, cant wait to get back out there to watch the races. Wtg Don,Mike and Mr. Yocum.See you in a couple of weeks!!!!!!!

brr96 you cant sit here and say just becase your car is gonna weight 2100lbs that it not gonna take it. If thats the case build somethin else cause if it cant hold 2100lbs then think of what that car will do when someone slams your butt.

well i dont know who came up with the 2100 lbs but its good it probally was from don cause he probally remembers a couple of years ago we had that rule and the cars were very close of course gb gripped every week but he was still running in the top 3 it still puts the vw and others cars lighter than the fords cause most fords will weigh in at about 2350lbs and if you keep the rules easy its a lot easyer on the tech man less to have to worry about . the tech in mini's will be a tough job cause you have so many types of cars think about it 2100 lbs 7 inch tire width no racing springs or shocks after all with small tires all the motor in the world wont help you

but this is just my opion

been reading the posts about cc and the thunder rules-if it is to be a beginner class the rules should to simple, stock stripped vehicle. four point cage with driver door bars, five point belts and window net, and stock size tires and rims. Pump gas only, if it can't run on pump gas it's not stock. We ran at a run what you brung mini stock 100 lap at hot rod hill in bryan a few years back that started 30 or 40 cars. keep the rules simple and pay good money and cars will come out of the woodwork. most people starting don't want to spend a lot to try to keep up with what they see running and wining each week. Try a special race with good payout and these rules and see what shows up. The one in bryan you could use the stock seat belts. GB and some others have pro sedan type cars and are a class above the beginner, if not several classes in equipment and experiance. as like others, just adding my two cents.

we had a STOCK CLASS FOR TWO YEARS .THEN CAME ALlttle here and there . people wont take it off now . but whether it is stock or not . all cars are not the same .the only way you can run stock in thunders is one make of car only .that cant or wont happen .you always make adjustments for each type of car .that is where the problem .i ve been in thunders sence 1985 .always been hard to even out .but they are still around .so there is something good to say about it .

As for as weight .i say 1800 vw bug .1950 fwd with 5200 carb . fuel injected 2000 min . rwd 2100 min .350 carb 2200 min. 500 carb 2250 min 500 on these ford not much better than 350. atleast not 200 pounds defferent .unless proven to be .with all opption for track to adjust . before you jump on me guys these are just ideals .

will agree with oldtimer about hard to make stock class due to so many different makes and models, it's real hard to make an even playing field between frd & rwd and thats why alot of tracks split them, or nowadays go with fwd class as more of them seem to b e around to use. I prefer the rwd myself, just diehard i guess. But need something to bring out some beginners to get some more people hooked on the racing high, preferably some young people to keep it moving forward, and that means more fwd as that is what they have growen up with. You see it in the street machines and at the drags more all the time. If they can start simple, get bit, then move on, that seems to work in the other venues. Don't beleive any of us have all the answers, but through discusion maybe something will catch on and work. asm oldtimer can attest theres been lots of changes orver the years, and the diehards are still plugging away. I,ve been around racing since the mid fiftys in one way or another, and they all change. Change is suppose to be good. perfer the dirt, son likes pavement, see you at the races somewhere

To all concerned,Its very hard to be a competetive driver,let alone trying to bust a driver that drives well and knows his stuff!The tech guy needs to know eveyones cheat.The driver just needs to know his own cheat and hope noone will catch it! I believe GB could compete with anyone just relying on his experience and knowledge.I have never talked to GB but i KNOW he can drive! We all wish we could be a freak of nature and defeat the best! But the story remains,GB can win!Lets put that aside and figure what yall could do to beat him! Find a tech guy that knows MOSES and lets see what GB could do. I think we do not want to know what will happen.Yes,he can be beat,but it will pretty damn hard.Thats why i tried(short lived) and failed miserably.Every ministock is doing a great job especially (gilpen clan,neon will).Not to mention a few other select mustang ,pintos.Dont give up,and dont be discouraged.Be happy to say you beat one of the best or got close! I wish i could say that! FRED

To all concerned,Its very hard to be a competetive driver,let alone trying to bust a driver that drives well and knows his stuff!The tech guy needs to know eveyones cheat.The driver just needs to know his own cheat and hope noone will catch it!

get a grip

.You can make it an all rear drive class and I am looking at a Nissan 240SX.But then you will say American only like last years Pro 4 race.

those were not pro 4's

p.s. the only way to "say" its fair is to run one front wheel drive class and one rear wheel drive class.....why not? i might go watch

Txtwister you came blowing in on that one :lol: right now the rwd still out number fwd .atleast down here .it would be great to split them and i dont have a problem with running with fwd .it is hard to make fwd and rwd work yes rwd is going by the way side but its along way from the grave .so as long as they are out there run em .when there is enough fwd s. split em .i hope alot of these young men and ladys build cars but if your not seen your out of mind .the teck man would love one or the other .and as for that pro 4 thing there was only 1 in that race .and dont forget there was pro stock to ..IF thats what you want to call them <_<

Txtwister you came blowing in on that one :lol: right now the rwd still out number fwd .atleast down here .it would be great to split them and i dont have a problem with running with fwd .it is hard to make fwd and rwd work yes rwd is going by the way side but its along way from the grave .so as long as they are out there run em .when there is enough fwd s. split em .i hope alot of these young men and ladys build cars but if your not seen your out of mind .the teck man would love one or the other .and as for that pro 4 thing there was only 1 in that race .and dont forget there was pro stock to ..IF thats what you want to call them <_<

Mike,

Aren't you supposed to be at work now??? LOL

Txtwister you came blowing in on that one  :lol: right now the rwd still out number fwd .atleast down here .it would be great to split them and i dont have a problem with running with fwd .it is hard to make fwd and rwd work yes rwd is going by the way side but its along way from the grave .so as long as they are out there run em .when there is enough fwd s. split em .i hope alot of these young men and ladys build cars but if your not seen your out of mind .the teck man would love one or the other .and as for that pro 4 thing  there was only 1 in that race .and dont forget there was pro stock to ..IF thats what you want to call them  <_<

Mike,

Aren't you supposed to be at work now??? LOL

why do you miss me snakeydoo . :rolleyes:

Archived