MIDGETS in Texas

Budman

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one offended on this end...

One of the joys of moving a huge site such as LSS is the challenge of getting everything moved and put back in the proper spot. It's about like taking apart an apartment building in Austin and moving it to Dallas and putting it all back together. It's all there, but some of the pieces got shook loose or something.

So... Davad is working on getting the software to point to the right spot for the pics... There are all still there, but the latest forum software update does things a bit different than the software version we were using before the move.

Worst case scenario is that all the pics will end up in a huge section by themselves and we'll have to sort through them one by one.. or, best case the gurus behind the software will figure out a fix and we'll be back in business like before.

Nick

• 1 year later...
They ran 3 times in the Astrodome 1969,1970 and 1972. The 1972 race ended it for the Astrodome when the cars started runnin through the infield cause the track was too rough.

USAC didn't stop the race and warn them so basically they ran 40 of the 50 laps in the infield. Cost to clean all 50,000 seats and completely rebuilt the air conditioning system from the dust was estimated to be $100,000.00

tex44, I started a post on the Astro Grand Prix here just today. I have race programs and took several pics, three of which I've posted of the race. If you have anymore pics from those races I sure would lke to see them. Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Why doesn't anyone run true midgets anymore? I went to a midget show at Gator speedway year before last, and they were running a smaller version. Is it that I'm so old if I want to see a real midget run I have to go to a vintage race? :unsure:

GATOR RACES BOTH . THE "SPEED TAN" MIDGET'S & THE ASCS-2 - EMSA MINI SPRINTS . YOU JUST NEED TO CHECK THE SCHEDULE . 9-10-11 HEAT I-#4B RONNIE BURKE JR. 2-#67 HARRIS BROOKS 3-#9 DOUG McCUNE 4-#69 MIKE MILLER 5-#33 GLEN DeVORE 6-#5 MARK MILLER . THE "A" 1-67 2-9 3-4 4-5 5-33 6-69 .

Thanks for the great pictures. "Real racing cars for sure". The best racing in midgets and sprints has been without the wings because you can see the drivers at work. I know the wing is safer but the USAC wingless racers do not seem to have many safety issues. Love the pics. Those were the days!!

Archived