Change to 2006 USRA Truck Series Engine Specs

For Immediate Release – April 21, 2006

(210) 690-8564 (office)

(210) 415-1251 (cell)

cnholt@sbcglobal.net

nick@texasspeedzone.com

USRA Truck Series Engine Rules Changes Announced.

San Antonio, TX (April 21, 2006) - United States Racing Association Race Director Rick Day announced today that two USRA Truck Series Engine Rules are being changed effective immediately.

“We have been watching the competition closely in the Truck Series and feel it’s time for a couple of mid-course corrections,” Day said in announcing the changes. “It’s never good to change rules during the season, but we felt these changes would really help even the playing field.

The two changes pertain to the Chevy 305, Ford 302, and Dodge 318 engines:

1. The maximum compression ration is being raised from 9.5:1 to a maximum of 10.5:1

2. The maximum hydraulic cam lobe lift is being raised from .313 to .333.

The rest of the engine rules will remain as written in the 2006 USRA Truck rules.

Any questions about these changes should be directed to Rick Day at (210) 827-4524. Rick’s email address is rick@sanantoniospeedway.com.

--30--

The cam rule is assuming that this is the most recent Wolverine Camshaft correct?

???

You have a question about my question? I Guess?

I probably just don't understand what you're asking. Why would the rule have any connection to any particular camshaft, given the hundreds of available choices out there?

We run a Spec cam. So for the Chevrolet there is SUPPOSED to only be two cams...

Crazyhorse beat me to it. If the series required a spec cam, the current rules would say that. Instead, they allow you to run any cam that falls within the lift and vacuuum rules. That's the way it reads to me, anyway.

It will be interesting to see if these rules help the 305s enough. A cam swap is easy enough. I would think taking advantage of the compression rule change would be more difficult between races, but certainly not impossible.

last time we ran sas i ran a 21.10 , with a crate...........the 30 ran a 21.11 with a 305............opening race i was beat by a 305 in the #1 truck...............................................

................................................................................

.................sorry still in deep thought.........................................................................

okay , rule change was needed BECAUSE , please help me out here??????????????

okay , rule change was needed BECAUSE , please help me out here??????????????

I talked with Rick and told him that we were able to build a legal engine to put out the same hp as the legal crate. He said that the 350 produced more torque off the corner that our 305's. I didn't compare the 350's torque to our dyno sheets, but I told him my problem had nothing to do with HP it had everything to do with my truck not turning in the center and a steep learning curve in the driver's seat.

I'm not claiming to speak for Rick I'm just telling you what he told me. We're not going to change anything until the new vacuum rule comes out because a cam change won't benefit us if we still have to run the same vacuum.

After talking with several Reputable Tech men in the industry and research, We will forgo the Vaccum rule as stated. We will be checking the vaccum on the new cams to come up with a common base line. We do reserve the right to add an adjusted vaccum rule back at a later date.

Rick Day

Archived