Knudtson Gets Back-to-back Wins,

Boerne's Knudtson Gets Back-to-back Wins in NASCAR Sportsman Series; Second SunSational Camaro Win Matches 2005 Start

San Antonio –Boerne's Eric Knudtson opened the 2006 season a little better than in 2005, getting a second and third to start the season before getting his first win two weeks ago with a last-lap pass of Mark Mathias in the third round of the NASCAR Sportsman series. San Antonio Speedway took off for the NASCAR Nextel Cup race weekend, but returned to action Saturday, April 15 and Knudtson matched his back-to-back wins of last year with another victory in the SunSational Camaro after a couple of the fast cars ran into problems.

"I think Allen Alexander and Greg Rohmer got together" Eric said this week, "and Mathias hit Keith Garrett. Nobody's fault, Keith's engine stopped for some reason and caught Mark off guard. Mark may have had another problem, but I couldn't see. Anyway, it left me with a chance to run down the leaders and get by."

Tator Mason, who has complained of being down on power this season, finished second with rookie Clint Montanio in third. Garrett has had two top-three finishes in four races, but the other finishes were out of the top ten due to problems. Montanio has done just the opposite: finishing sixth twice and fifth once before taking third this week and suddenly finding himself second in the championship behind Knudtson.

"The officials have announced some changes in the rules and in the way the races will be called," Knudtson said, "and we're all getting used to the new tires. The rest of the season should be fun for us and really entertaining for the fans."

###

T. Q. Jones, P. O. Box 91346 Austin, TX 78709-1346

(512) 261-5236 (FAX) (512) 261-5293 Email: tqj@mindspring.com

What a race it was. Congrats Bud way to drive that car!

Have to say thanks to all his fellow drivers, especially Tator for driving him clean...

Good luck to everyone this week, I'll be there but late; coming in from Ft. Stockton...

Archived