Finally we can start unleashing the news

Last years success was largely due to the outstanding races the drivers put on, large amount of interests from start to finish and great support from sponsors of all types. The demand for the Street Stock Shootout has grown so get ready for the 2012 information. Feel free to express your opinions and ideas. We are always entertaining anything that can impact the series positively.

2012 Tracks will be the following and all are confirmed.

I37 Raceway

Shady Oak Speedway

Texana Raceway Park

Cotton Bowl Speedway

South Texas Speedway

Each of the tracks listed will host (1) Friday night practice session followed by a full Saturday night program. The race format and details have been posted under a different thread. Our biggest priority this year for myself and Monty is to be organized and put together a total package for our series competitors. We have worked this offseason so far and will use the holidays to finish dotting I's and crossing T's on the details. Please note all (5) tracks listed are each confirmed and signed up. Now for the good stuff.

2012 Purse

1 $400.00

2 $200.00

3 $175.00

4 $150.00

5 $125.00

6 $100.00

7 $100.00

8 $100.00

9 thru 24 $75.00

Total $2,500.00

Race Bonus Money

Pole Sitter - $100.00

Hard Charger - $100.00

Each B Main Winner - $25.00

Randum Driver Drawing - $50.00 min. done at each drivers meeting.

This purse will be consistant at each of the first (4) races. I37 will kick off the 2012 shootout, Race #2 will be at Shady Oak Speedway, Race #3 will be at Texana Raceway Park as we will again be part of the Aaron Hudgeon's Memorial Race, Race #4 will be at the new Cotton Bowl Speedway, and Race #5 "A Special Finale Race" will be at South Texas Speedway. The shootout will be part of the December South Texas Shootout 2 day event! This race will have a very special purse and details will be released once completed.

2012 Points Fund Championship

1 $750.00

2 $600.00

3 $500.00

4 $400.00

5 $350.00

6 $325.00

7 $300.00

8 $275.00

9 $250.00

10 $225.00

11 $200.00

12 $175.00

13 $150.00

14 $125.00

15 $100.00

Total $5,125.00

Our 5 race championship point fund will be like no other. You will be hard pressed to find a stock car series that pays / awards its competitors like this one. The series will include an end of the year drivers banquet. The banquet location will be located based on which track has the most registered drivers in the shootout. So encourage your local competitors to try the shootout to see if they like it. As you can see we are awarding as many competitors as possible and spreading the wealth. We will be working with each track on the schedule. Our perfect world goal is to race when all other tracks are off! This will be hard to do but we will and have already been working on the schedule details. Info will be released once finished. Registration forms and details will be released soon. We will spend the better part of this offseason signing up interested sponsors. We are currently designing a series race shirt and sponsorships confirmations are going fast. 15 is all we are taking on the shirt. $250 gets you on the shirt and a series sponsor for all 5 races. We will be posting additional sponsorship packages to be considered.

Competitors. Be on the lookout. I'm working on a letter and early registration form to send your way based on the addresses I have on file from last year. Will be headed your way soon.

2012 is going to be great. Sponsors, hurry and don't miss one of the limited numbered t-shirt sponsorship opportunities!!!

Archived