apology

Del Harris

i want to apologize to the #5 thunderstock driver and pitcrew for statements i made after being bumped in turn 3 and spun into the 99 car, there was severe damage to my car and the 99, i thought the #5 car was behind me but, after looking at the film from another car, i could plainly see that i had made a wrong call, i am very sorry for naming the wrong group, i hope that ya'll guy's will except my apologies !!!

p.s. aaron, have you got another number 50 for my left rear quarter? thanks, del :blink:

i'll let you tak'em out, he's bigger than me, you and him are about the same size, i'll let you use your new bumper. next time he's behind me, i'm just going to drop that rearend that got bent out of my new hydraulic trunk dumper !!! :P no-thanks, del

(Nick this ain't picking a fight this is my view & would love to get other's view from the posted video.)

I think Del & I are grown enough to take the heat from the crowd, i will make him happy with a 50 decal again if thats what it takes.

This is where i would love to hear "The Call" on what happened after they watch the video.(starts at 5:36 sec of the spotlight video)

With all seriousness that is something that is hard to say i am at fault, #1 was in the 2nd groove in Turn 2 and at the start of the back straight away... and i was clearly making the pass on the bottom with my front bumper in front of the rear tire before i was avoiding the "block/oops didn't see you there".

#1 clearly came down from the outside line to way inside line before entering Turn 3, & i was still to the inside and defensively trying to avoid contact from what i was seeing as the block (when i had position) all the way down the back straight and into turn 3.

I just went out and looked at my car, and there is light black over the hoosier white. so yes contact was made in turn 3.

Here is the question, should that call be make on the 1 car for blocking, or the 50 car for not having "position of Bumper to Door" at the entry in turn 3. when he had it off 2 before the block started?

My "Intent Meter" is still in the shop, so it's really hard to determine who meant to do what, but from the video it appears to me to be a "racing incident."

Yes, there was a definite movement towards the inside by the 1 car and yes, it is difficult to tell whether the 50 car really had position or was just "holding his line" or intended to use the chrome horn. Half a dozen of one, six of the other from my perspective.

That being said, discussions of this nature frequently degenerate into a name-calling, threat-making, free-for-all, so I'm posting a warning here. If this thread starts to head South, I will step in.

Along that same line, I have removed a couple of posts that were obviously said in good humor, but that seemed to imply some retaliation might be in order. Please don't go there either.

Nick

i thought kyle was a "breaking the plane" track or did they get away from that i mean y'all do get mirrors so its not like that REALLY BIG CAR WITH A REALLY BIG DRIVER both highly visible from even a compact mirror just appeared out of thin air while everyone was entering the turn that one needs to fall into a racing related accident its kinda like real estate its all about location location location if the mirror isnt located in the right spot you aren't any good (none of these comments was made to offend BIG A or any of the tbs racing crew)

I can see things have calmed down and that you guys might like to see it in slow-mo. So I just made a little video of just the wreck that I will post soon. Remember to be nice out on that track because you never know when that big eye in the sky will be on you! Aahahhaaaa!!

This is racing and you only have a split second to make a decision and sometimes it isnt the right one, so things happen that have bad results but you have to deal with it and try to make the right decision the next time.

One of the goals I allways wanted to achieve but never accomplished was that whenever something bad happened on the track that it wasnt my fault.

Decisioin making is about 90% of it among a few other things. All of us on this board are doing something (racing) most can only dream of. Perspective means we learn and grow from it. I believe the butt in the seat has to have respect for their fellow competitors. Racing is racing and things will happen. D.

It looked to me from the video that the #1 and the #50 came together on the back straight when the #1 came down to block, and not in turn 3. I looks to me,(granted without my glasses), from the in car camera that the #1 snapped loose in the corner BEFORE the #50 slid up the track. But from the in car camera, there definately seemed to be contact on the back straight.

i don't know exactly what happened but, from the drivers seat, i knew that everyone was on my back and i did my best to stay ahead of them but, the 99 car was moving up top going into turn 3 and i glimpst into my left mirrow real quick and thought i had clearence enough to move down to get by him in the turn, aaron gave me the bottom going in, he could have taken me out down the back but didn't, it was as much my fault as was his, when he bumped me in the turn, i lost it up into bobby. we are all friends and know that things happen. i don't know the people in the #5 car but, i should have kept my composure instead of looking stupid too them for making the wrong call, i hope they will not hold a gruge and would like to meet them to shake hands.

aaron, i will give you a number 1 and if you can, get me another # 50 to go on my quarter, this is not at all to make blame by or to any driver, it's another way to show that we don't alway's see things as they really were and sometimes we jump to the wrong conclusion about what really happened. i do make mistakes and sometimes someone else has to pay for my mistake, in this cause, we both have to pay, thanks, del

I just watched the video in another thread and now Im wondering. Aaron, did you see the 99 car to the outside of the 1? I bet you probably couldnt. So the 50 would not of expected the 1 to move down. If i was in the 1 car my focus would of been on the car I was trying to pass and probably would not of seen the 50 coming to my inside. That being said...If i would of known we were gettin ready to be 3 wide...well then all bets are off and hold on tight. lol

My point is that there was more than one pass being attempted in the same corner. Just a racin thing.

cant answer that. What is the tracks rules? Do they use the all involved or is it a judgement call. And considering that it looked like two cars didnt continue, they evidently wont get there spots back.

But if you want me to make the call:

Aaron your fined 25 pop rivets which are awarded the 99 car to put his nose back on. :P

whoa, wait a minute, what do i get? i need a whole rearend, the right side of my car and the left rear quarter, that otta be at lest 50 pop rivits and 2 bandaids + 2 quarts of 90 weight with 30 minutes of blood, sweat, and tears !!! thanks, any offers, del ;)

hhmmm...

Ok Aaron, looks like 35 rivets, 2 band-aids, 4 bungee cords, a partial roll of duct tape, and 4 cans of beer. :lol:

ooopps. that was suppose to be oil. :o

There, now ya'll shake hands, line up and get back to racin.

hhmmm...

Ok Aaron, looks like 35 rivets, 2 band-aids, 4 bungee cords, a partial roll of duct tape, and 4 cans of beer. :lol:

By using approximately 476 pop rivets and 2 rolls of duct tape, along with bunch of zip ties, I can attest that you can put a nose piece back together. Just look at the #3 truck nose...LOL! (Please note: I did not perform the surgery myself. I had professional help from Terry's Body Shop to raise Lazurus from the dead!)

hhmmm...

Ok.. with all that.. maybe we should do like local schools and put them in the share with the class box...

hhmmm...

...u forgot the bailin' wire! :lol:

are ya'll forgetting who we are talking about here, i am from that bailing wire bunch !!! :lol:

are ya'll forgetting who we are talking about here, i am from that bailing wire bunch !!! :lol:

Me too.....I bet some of the kids racing out there have never even heard of it! LOL! I told a 20 something a while ago he was acting like Eddie Haskell....He replied "Eddie WHO?" I said You know Leave it Beaver. His answer....Never heard of it. Wow. I felt old.

Archived