Thunderhill Raceway still plans to race this weekend!

debwill

We’ve been fortunate to get some rain this week, and the track is pretty wet right now. However, warmer temperatures and sunnier skies are predicted for the weekend.

First of all, we need to do everything we can to run the ASA A-Line Super Stock feature races before the ASA national championship deadline (September 27). In addition, our cancellation of the September 12 race due to weather conditions has already tightened the points’ competitions in the THR local and TSRS classes. We want to give all of our drivers a fair shot at the championship titles.

Mary Ann has just called from the track, and she feels we will be able race this weekend if the weather clears by tomorrow (Friday). So, we’re making a few rearrangements in the pit area (may also have to make some more during the weekend), and WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO RACE THIS WEEKEND!

If we must reschedule the race, we will try to race on Sunday, as we don’t want to bump up against any future HMP race weekends. Again, it is our goal to race on Saturday, and we will only run on Sunday if we have no other choice.

So, bring your jackets, watch for the lights at Thunderhill Raceway and . . . LET’S PLAN TO GO RACING!

We're also planning to hold practice tomorrow night, weather permitting. I'll be headed out to the track tomorrow afternoon, so stay tuned for any updates. We will be setting up the electronic scoring system for Friday's Open Practice session.

I'm at the track now. The sun is shining, and we're good to go for pratice tonight and racing tomorrow!

The grandstand parking lot looks good, and there's very little standing water in the pits. I've just set up the electronic scoring, and I don't see any standing water in the infield.

We hope you choose to spend your weekend here at Thunderhill Raceway. As always, camping is encouraged and is FREE!

LET'S GO RACING!!!

Archived