Kurt Busch, reckless? no way !

legacy47

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drinking and driving is not against the law.

Having alcohol on your breath and driving is not against the law.

exactly- he got pulled over and got a ticket.......geez there's something that doesn't happen to just anyone?

the officer smelt alcohol , so now we're all already convicting him in our minds? ah the american way.

if it had been junior the good ol' boy squad would of been on here saying "well , whatcha expect? it's junior ...whew junior...."

HATERS

LOL, you are quite correct. It used to be legal to have an open container in the car. I didn't mean DRINKING and DRIVING at the same time but I didn't exactly say that.

The point I was going for is that it is illegal to be "drunk" and be operating a car...and "drunk" is .08. It would seem to me that you could have alcohol on your breath if you enjoyed a beer with your mexican food dinner...but nothing criminal has happened

until you are .08 OR until you run a stop sign going 60 in a 40 on the way home.

There is something called "impaired" but I am unsure of it's defination.

thanks for the assist, tq13

Jay

Stay tuned, sportsfans--

It has just been announced that Kurt Busch will not drive today; Kenny Wallace will be in the 97.

Nascar is preparing a statement to be released anytime.

Rousch could really hammer him for a little payback. You have to believe that somewhere in the Crown Royal sponsor language is some poison about such occurances.

Ole Jack might yank him for the remaining 2 and let KB try to explain that "forward" to Miller Beer.

Jay

I am not a Rusty Wallace fan by any means; it is a result of something that happened almost 25 years ago when he and Freddy Fryar both ran for Southland Fire.

But I do have to admit that he has been a great spokesman for Miller Beer and Penske.

Miller Beer, Welcome Kurt Busch. Gonna be an interesting time for your PR department.

Hell, Im excited to see Kenny Wallace listed to run in the 97 car.

I am too.

Kenny is not nearly as goofy as he acts on TV sometimes, and he is a really nice guy, loves what he does, stays away from all the controversy, and is a good spokesman for those who back him.

Having spent a little time around both Rusty and Kenny back in the early All Pro days, it's hard to believe they're brothers.

Legend,

You going to San Antonio next week, or Pensacola?

I would say looks like maybe Ol Jack is getting his pay back , who knows, maybe Jack had it all set up, money,money and more money talks, and why is it Kenny is allways a good enough driver to replace others but cant get a good full time ride, and last but not least, why are most edited for minor things but Jason can use the "P" WORD., thats not right.JMO

I would say looks like maybe Ol Jack is getting his pay back , who knows, maybe Jack had it all set up, money,money and more money talks, and why is it Kenny is allways a good enough driver to replace others but cant get a good full time ride, and last but not least, why are most edited for minor things but Jason can use the "P" WORD., thats not right.JMO

Sorry if you feel I am being unjust here. But I guess the P word just didn't strike me like the F word or the S word or the FU words or the MF words or the SAFN or SAFO or SAFD words.

However, if you would like to discuss the way in which I moderate this forum, please contact me personally as you have done in the past.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

I'm not sticking up for Kurt Bush, but he has a right to refuse to perform standard field sobriety tests and an alcohol breath test, which he did take. He was stopped after trying to avoid another car and running a stop sign, driving about 60 mph in a 45 mph zone. I'm sure there are several of us who have driven over the speed limit at one time or another and running a stop sign trying to avoid another car, maybe that was better than rear-ending someone or whatever the situation was. Maybe he did have a few drinks (deputy smelled alcohol on Busch), that doens't mean he broke the law. Busch was argumentative and uncooperative, now that is old news, especially if everyone thinks he's a jerk. If he was over the alcohol limit, then he should be punished. He was cited for reckless driving and he was released. Don't forget, there are a lot of police that are jerks too.

Quote: This is Maricopa County and our streets are not to be used as raceways," sheriff Joe Arpaio said. "He ought to confine his speeding to the racetrack. And I don't like anybody being abusive to my deputies -- I don't care who they are."

Why wasn't he cited for racing?

No matter what anyone says, Kurt Busch [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/13/05]. He deserves to miss the remainder of the races. This should have been done a long time ago. I hope Penske is prepared for the problems.

I say send him to the Jimmy Spencer School of Hard Knocks for some attitude adjustments.

Why wasn't he cited for racing?

I'm no law enforcement officer, and it has been about 8 years since I got my first/last ticket, so I can't remember what all the codes/check boxes there are on a citation for a moving violation. I'm sure that "racing" would fall under "reckless driving."

Also, he does have the right to refuse field sobriety tests; the problem was that he was uncooperative, and the officer smelled alcohol on Busch...that is probable cause. Unfortunately the machine that was used at the Sheriff's office on the track grounds did not work, so it could not prove whether Busch was legally drunk or not. This is why he was not cited for DWI/DUI.

The officer should be given the benefit of the doubt because he is out there to serve and protect the citizens of his city/county. He is also putting himself in personal danger everytime he pulls someone over. He never knows when someone might turn on him and make the situation very, very bad; he took appropriate action in my opinion. And so did Jack Rouch, for that matter.

Robert

pre race interview- jack is a prick , ive got another "p" word i'd like to use for the PUSSY cat in the hat......

PENSKE IS THE MAN......shituff happens you crusaders, and nobody is new to making mistakes , so put down your stones and return to your glass houses..............MR. Penske understands that....and fyi - don't believe everything the media tells you....

Archived