USRA SLM Fall Brawl Race Procedures

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why in the world would you change the format so drastic for this race.. seems like its a make or break race (s)... seems someone has stacked the deck... if you have something happen in the first race.. your in big points troble for the night..

Don't know if this was the right thing for USRA race teams...

THere were at least two rainouts this year so this is a way to make them up. It works both ways, It could work for you or against you. After all, why worry about things you cannot control, there is someone else in charge of everyone of us........................

PS Stacked the deck???? What are you trying to say? Someone is fixing a race or what???

So was it a stacked deck last year when they let the 18 YO's double up one race? Or is it ok if its your boy? LOL

The deck is stacked becuase you have 2 points races in 1 night.. so if something god foresaken happens to your car in the first race.. and you miss the 2nd race.. you really get the shaft in the points....

Normally if you break during a race in the season you have 2 weeks to get you stuff back together..

If you want to give "Double points" give it double points in 1 race... maybe give a bonus for 1/2/3 in the first segment... then invert so many.. and race it out for the finish...

USRA has the top 6 in qualifing pick for starting position, its been that way all year...... They are doing the 2 race and then a shootout because of how popular the twin 50's were. Theres not going to be as many cars or trucks as they had in the twin 50's, not sure if they thought about that.....

abrungot,

If you are one of those point chasers, there is good reason to drive the first race smart then. There will never be a race which fits everyones criteria. Some complain about not making up raindates, others complain about the format for doing it. None of it is a big deal anyway, its for entertainment purposes only. The only guy making money off of it is the beer guys. Have you seen the amount of alchohol consumed at these stacked events??? MSD is making a little because of the testing they are doing on the MSD boxes that the other racers are accusing the winners of having. So its all good. LOL

Hummm maybe the beer guy is making money.. but who will be loosing money certainly is a question... more laps .. more fuel..

Most of the drivers and teams I have talked to about the format are not particularly upset over the format. A track owner will never please everyone, though. Sorry you feel so negative about the Fall Brawl format.

Nick Holt

Nick,

Will i show up at SAS in support.. yes... do I like these kind of races... Ohh yeah... would I have liked the idea better is it was planned 6 months in advance instead kinda last min... ummm hummm...

Agree great for the fans hard for the drivers/teams.. certainly the first race will hopefully be "Smart Driving"

There are the what if's that come with this type of race with this much on the line... What if someone intentionally wrecks someone on the first race. Or lets say you have a worst case senario where you have 2 big wrecks that take out 80% of the field what happens then for the guys that are not forunate to have 2 cars/trucks...Sorry come back next year... In the case of the truck teams its even more of a challenge because I dont know of many teams that have 2 trucks. I doubt this format was ment to give anyone an advantage and sometimes change is good but I just hope people dont take the points racing too far and intentionally try to change the outcome... Good luck to all... Maybe next year if the series rains out and cannot come to an agreement for a rain date they should just be able to drop thier worst finish (if you dont show for a race it doesn't count) for each rainout...

Marc, in the ARTS series, you have alway's been able to drop your worst race,or one that you didnt make.

And my opinion is, if someone takes someone out (intentionally), they should be parked for that race,and not be able to race the second race. there is alot of respect for each other in this series,and I honestly believe there will be cool heads in both race's. HARD RACING, CLEAN RACING,will be the order of the day...I'd bet on it!!!!!!

Speedracer,

What if you forget to put film in your camera? Big deal, life goes on. What if someone wrecks? Big deal, life goes on. Its a show, for entertainment. Its not like being diagnosed with Cancer if something happens. Go out there and do the best you can with what you have and people will respect that. Points are just an extra. There are thousands of people who would love to just sit on one of those cars, so why should anyone lucky enough to drive one worry about a few points or a few dollars that it pays.

Speedracer,

What if you forget to put film in your camera? Big deal, life goes on. What if someone wrecks? Big deal, life goes on. Its a show, for entertainment. Its not like being diagnosed with Cancer if something happens. Go out there and do the best you can with what you have and people will respect that. Points are just an extra. There are thousands of people who would love to just sit on one of those cars, so why should anyone lucky enough to drive one worry about a few points or a few dollars that it pays.

what?

Well acually I dont need film in the camera but thats besides the point. Sure anything can happen on a given day that is a given. Maybe you need to step away from the keyboard there commander and look at this from the perspective of someone that only has one car not multiple cars and unlimited budgets. Sure we can say this is to make up a rain out. Sure we can say what happens happens. I could understand your analogy on cancer if it were the Houston LM cause right now they race for what peanuts, a trophy, and a thank you, but were talking about our guy's version of NASCAR. VERY FEW will ever go any further than they are going now. Your right just about anyone would love to just be in one of those cars but even those that do I'd imagine less than 5% ever have a chance to win a championship. I guess you have never wanted to win something bad enough that you would do whatever you could to obtain it. You dont think about those things you do at the time you only reflect on them later. But to say hey if your leading points or if your trying to get some other honor that you may only get one chance to accomplish and you have a wreck or have someone who will do anything to win said championship, to say try again next year to them isnt exactly fair. Plus you make it seem meaningless. One last thing on the cancer analogy: Since I lost my father to cancer you bring some things into a little more focus for me... I guess to you people having cancer is alot like this championship alot of people are going to die with only a few winners finding a cure and folks are only gonna care about the winners, to the rest thats life...

once a week i see you come on here with your "interpretation" of what "real" or"true" racers do....then tell the cyber world that does'nt agree with your point of view they're wrong...nothing you said in the post i quoted made in logical sence , maybe to a "fan" with a broad varity of contradicting opinions(meaning you) they do......

we will race anytime , anyplace terry d. tells us we have to- does that mean i have agree with the procedure, NOPE....

but who the hell are you to come on here and tell people week after week what they should be doing with thteir vested interests when you would'nt even have a clue of the committment it takes to run a full season digging for each point to put yourself in this position at this juncture in the game............i earned the right to do what i do and so did alot of others-you have not earned the right to tell us what we should be grateful for........and if were man racing promotions i would demand you change you screen name[edited out by Nick Holt, 11/5/05]

>> Schild wasnt scared in Houston, he banged doors with the best of them who were not racing for points while he was. Thats a racer now.<<

I think your getting off topic there... Shild did what he needed to do to win the championship. He didnt mail it in on the way there he did it winning like a champion while playing the points game to a T.

Anyhow back to the topic of the original post...

I hope that Gunnar is right and that its clean all the way through... If it is. I have a feeling that there are alot of reasons to believe Brandon will walk away the Champion but it wont be easy.

Interpretation.............Points dont mean crap, Just be greatfull that you can do what you want to do.

They don't mean crap to you. They mean plenty to those of us who devote a huge part of our life to this sport. They also mean a hell of a lot to our sponsors.

And BTW, we are grateful for being fortunate enough to be competitors in this great sport. That has little to do with the points race.

Archived