USRA announces schedule change for Nov 19

For Immediate Release – October 24, 2005

cnholt@sbcglobal.net

(210) 415-1251

(903) 576-4144

San Antonio, TX (October 24, 2005) - United States Racing Association (USRA) founder and CEO, Terry Dickerson, recently announced that the scheduled USRA Super Late Model Series and USRA All Star Race Truck Series events set for the Texas Motor Speedway road course on November 19, 2005, will not take place as originally scheduled.

Instead the event will be replaced by the ‘Fall Brawl’ at San Antonio Speedway on the same date, November 19, 2005. The ‘Fall Brawl will be the final points race of the season for both the Super Late Models and the Trucks.

“There were several logistical and cost considerations for many of our teams that we did not anticipate when we first booked the November TMS date,” Dickerson said in making the announcement. “I hate that we had to make a schedule change a month before the date, but after talking to a lot of our USRA teams, quite a number of them are actually pleased that we are making the change. This change actually saves the teams a lot of work changing their drive trains and suspensions for the road course and will probably save some of our teams some major travel expenses as well.”

The Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS) Late Models were scheduled to run with the two USRA series on the November TMS program. TSRS founder and owner Mary Ann Naumann made an announcement about their schedule change late last week.

“It is with deep regret that the Texas Super Racing Series must announce the scheduled November 19th Texas Motor Speedway road course race has been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. Our drivers were really looking forward to being able to race there again this year,” Naumann said. “We looked at several options since that was our final race and would decide our season championship. After talking with the Bakers at Houston Motorsports Park and taking a pole of our drivers and officials, the Texas Super Racing Series Late Models will run our last event of the 2005 season October 29th at the beautiful Houston Motorsports Park. We would like to thank the Bakers for their invitation to join their big weekend of racing with the USRA SLM, USRA Trucks and their local racing series. It is always a pleasure to be at Houston Motorsports Park. Hope everyone will be able to make this change in their schedule and join us for the exciting end of the season finale at the Halloween Bash 60!”

The USRA has not finalized the race format for the “Fall Brawl,” but will be making an announcement at some point after the next USRA event at Houston Motorsports Park on October 29, 2005.

For further information about the USRA call Nick Holt at (903) 576-4144 or check out the USRA website at http://usraseries.com. For more information about San Antonio Speedway, call the Race Hotline at (210) 628-1499 or log on at http://www.sanantoniospeedway.com.

--30--

It would sure seem more ethical for USRA to have reached this conclusion months ago, say before the Twin 50’s.

Schedule changes happen all the time in all areas of life. Implying that this change is less than ethical seems rather harsh.

Nick Holt

Have to agree with JP. Were told schedule changes during the year had to be made. We had to move the Corpus Christi date and the Houston date to SAS so that TSRS could still run the road course race with USRA. Now they say that nobody is running the race. Something doesn’t sound right with this.

What about teams that have spent the money to get cars ready in advance. How much money have you saved these teams.

USRA required, mid-season, that TSRS schedule two points races at SAS to secure the road race at TMS. As a result CCMS and HMP became casualties for the Twin 50’s both of which greatly benefited USRA. USRA also required TSRS to amend it’s rules to allow cars that didn’t even come close to meeting it's rules to compete in those races. Strange that 4 out of 5 of them were won by non-TSRS cars. In exchange TSRS was promised the road race at TMS. TSRS lived up to it's end of the bargain, we ate two servings of spinach and smiled but instead of the chocolate cake we were promised as a reward we get another serving of spinach. What word would you use Nick?

I hope USRA remembers for 2006 that some teams might have negotiated for 15 races and at certain locations. A change like moving from TMS our only race in the marketing area in Texas could upset sponsors. Plus not rescheduling rained out races also tends to make sponsors a little weary of what they're getting into.

I hope USRA remembers for 2006 that some teams might have negotiated for 15 races and at certain locations. A change like moving from TMS our only race in the marketing area in Texas could upset sponsors. Plus not rescheduling rained out races also tends to make sponsors a little weary of what they're getting into.

All touring series have to negotiate with the tracks at which they run - even at the Cup level. It's not as simple as the series director calling up a track and telling them when and how often to schedule that series. As far as I know there is no 15-race guarantee issued by any of our regional series.

Rainouts fall into the same two-way street scenario. If there is a rainout, the series cannot dictate to the track when a make up date will be run. If the track and series are unable to negotiate terms acceptable to both then the race doesn't get made up.

Nick Holt

Nick,

Do you know what SAS was picked?? Why not make up the rain date at THR or HMS instead??

I sure don't have that information Aaron. Why not ask Mr. Dickerson yourself? He is usually very good about talking to fans, drivers, sponsors and anyone else that is willing to approach him about things.

Nick Holt

Sorry nick... know your the man in the middle... i already did one thing he asked but it got shot down too.. so he's already got me confused... but in the end will be good for everyone involved i believe...

Just figured.. if you made up the rain date at THR teams wouldn't have to change the cars that much.. and maybe save them some work later in the off season.. just don't know if Terry picked SAS as for ease of scheduling... or was it the drivers choice...

10-4. Without a sponsor, it would be an economic failure to go to TMS. Since USRA owns the lease to SAS, that does give the series the option to change venues so that the racers do not have to cancel another race. And JP, to take the words right out of your mouth, If you dont like it, stay home.

Well “fan” since they cancelled the race I’m guessing that staying home will be the prudent thing to do. We are, however, going to be racing in the final Late Model race scheduled for this year on Oct. 29th in Houston. If the USRA bunch comes up with something snappy in November might have to look hard at sneaking over and moving some of that SAS cash back east of the Guadalupe. We’ve got road race parts bills to pay! What races will you be attending?

lets see jp since you were telling everyone after the SAS race, which you did not attend, to stop crying and being complainers then i guess its time for you to take some of your own medicine and stop complaining. or in the words of a wise man who drives the 17 tsrs car "Bad break, get over it or stay at home and watch tv but be a man about it in either case" At least the last points race is in your backyard and not 300 miles away which could make some people not be able to attend.

USRA required, mid-season, that TSRS schedule two points races at SAS to secure the road race at TMS. As a result CCMS and HMP became casualties for the Twin 50’s both of which greatly benefited USRA.

In exchange TSRS was promised the road race at TMS. TSRS lived up to it's end of the bargain...

This allegation is either true or false. Isn't that the point he is debating?

Jay

Did I miss something? Because i did not detect any crying or complaining in JP's post. He simply stated the facts as we knew them. It certainly seems to me that he has moved on and accepted the change like a man. He is also willing to make the trip to the new venue of the Nov. race. Personally, I'm glad to see the discussion out in the open. It certainly was the hot topic in many a pit over the weekend. As long as there is no bashing I see no reason to not talk about it.

USRA required, mid-season, that TSRS schedule two points races at SAS to secure the road race at TMS.  As a result CCMS and HMP became casualties for the Twin 50’s both of which greatly benefited USRA.  

In exchange TSRS was promised the road race at TMS.  TSRS lived up to it's end of the bargain...

This allegation is either true or false. Isn't that the point he is debating?

Jay

The two people who actually know what agreements were made and when they were made are Mary Ann Naumann and Terry Dickerson. The rest of us simply do not know all the facts.

JP stated the facts (as he knew them, anyway) and has had the opportunity to listen to the other side of the story. But implying that a series director is somewhat less than ethical in this forum is indeed a bash, but, out of respect for JP and with Terry Dickerson's OK, I let it remain on here.

I appreciate the fact that schedule changes impact all of us, but the decision has been made to cancel the TMS event and replace it with an event (format yet to be determined) at San Antonio Speedway. It's time to move on and let the series directors iron out any differences of opinions, if any.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

Nick, why are you quoting me? I just refocused his question. His premise is either right or wrong. Simple. There is no bashing in my post.

Jay

Jay,

The first part of my response was in reference to your "allegation true or false" statement. I should have been clearer.

The next paragraph was responding to Dave's post (quoted below).

The third paragraph was my feeble suggestion that we let the series work things out in private and move on....

Nick Holt

Did I miss something? Because i did not detect any crying or complaining in JP's post. He simply stated the facts as we knew them. It certainly seems to me that he has moved on and accepted the change like a man. He is also willing to make the trip to the new venue of the Nov. race. Personally, I'm glad to see the discussion out in the open. It certainly was the hot topic in many a pit over the weekend. As long as there is no bashing I see no reason to not talk about it.

Archived