Blue Max

txtom

For you drag racers who remember the Raymond Beadle driven Blue Max, This link goes to pics of the funny car Del Worsham put together to replicate amd honor the original Blue Max car. It isn't an original Max car, but I doubt anyone can tell the difference.

Blue Max

Worsham made a couple passes last weekend at Ennis on the 20th anniversary of the Texas Motorplex.

Brad,

Beadle drove the Blue Max from 1975 to 1986, and this car replicates his 1977 Mustang II. The car was originally known as "Harry Schmidt's Blue Max," and in 1977, Beadle bought out Schmidt and became sole owner.

Other drivers besides Beadle were "Lil" John Lombardo, Richard Tharp, and Ronny Young.

He also owned a Winston cup from '82 to '90, and Tim Richmond was his first driver, until '86 when Rusty Wallace took over, winning the championship in '89.

Add to this a World of Outlaws team driven by Sammy Swindell., and if memory serves me correctly, he or one of his business partners built the Lone Star Speedway in Kilgore, Texas, that Terry Dickerson recently ran.

Jason, I didn't see ya last weekend, where were you hiding?

And there wasn't any sign on any damn golf cart.............

Don't worry Jason... Marc Roy can help you remember!

Brad, I have already warned Marc that if any derogatory pics show up on this site, that I will show him how to perform a colonoscopy with that fancy new camera he has................................

that I will show him how to perform a colonoscopy with that fancy new camera he has................................

Tom, as long as I ain't a participant in yall's colonoscopy Marc can put what ever pics he wants too, besides Marc might enjoy the colonoscopy hay you never know!

Brad

Worsham will run the Blue Max at the IHRA World Finals at the Rockingham Dragway next and also match race best of 3 against Mike Ashley's Skull Gear/Torco Fuel Nitro Funny Car with his CSK Nitro Funny Car-for some reason here lately a few NHRA guys have been crossing over and runnig IHRA-the latest to run was Cory Mac who ran his Top Fuel Dragster in an IHRA National Event only to lose to Clay Millican in the Finals of the event-several NHRA Pro Sportmans racers crossed over this year and had success like Dan Fletcher who drives 2 camaros in both stock and super stock who won at San Antonio and pocketed over $12,000 and doubled up a Milan Michgan and pocketed around $30,000-not bad for 8 or 9 rounds of 9 to 10 sec passes down a 1/4 mile track

Brad,

Beadle drove the Blue Max from 1975 to 1986, and this car replicates his 1977 Mustang II. The car was originally known as "Harry Schmidt's Blue Max," and in 1977, Beadle bought out Schmidt and became sole owner.

Other drivers besides Beadle were "Lil" John Lombardo, Richard Tharp, and Ronny Young.

He also owned a Winston cup from '82 to '90, and Tim Richmond was his first driver, until '86 when Rusty Wallace took over, winning the championship in '89.

Add to this a World of Outlaws team driven by Sammy Swindell., and if memory serves me correctly, he or one of his business partners built the Lone Star Speedway in Kilgore, Texas, that Terry Dickerson recently ran.

Jason, I didn't see ya last weekend, where were you hiding?

And there wasn't any sign on any damn golf cart.............

Txtom,

Jake Johnston was in there too during the "partnership years". I remember it as being a lighter shade of blue but that might just be a camera thing. Look how "car-like" it looks compared to the modern funny cars.

Something that is gone forever is the sound of an AA/FC, backing up, with the idle held down by an automatic transmission. When a fuel engine has to idle at low rpm, you can hear the rump rump of the cam timing, the whine of the supercharger and ,at night, you can clearly see the firing order moving thru the pipes.

On the other hand, the auto trans blew up at an alarming rate.

Jay

I remember it as being a lighter shade of blue

I think it is probably camera, also.

Jay, Don't know if you've seen this site, but it has a lot of stuff you may be interested in, like other pics of Blue Max, and also has a pic of the Collier-Kristek car. (CKC)

Funny Cars

Scroll down to the search, then enter a driver or car.

Enjoy.

Tx tom ,

Yes, know that sight. I grew up at Green Valley and have seen an amazing number of those cars. I couldn't care less about todays funny cars. Here's another site about a bunch of guys restoring that era FC's and building new ones w/new "reproduction" 70's bodies and severly limited motor rules (small blower/1 little mag/1 little fuel pump). That Blue Max is an example of the latter. It's funny to read because they bitch at each other about the rules, who's spending too much, etc. Ha.

http://www.alexander-grant.com/cgi-bin/iko...d/ikonboard.cgi

Jay

I remember it as being a lighter shade of blue

I think it is probably camera, also.

Jay, Don't know if you've seen this site, but it has a lot of stuff you may be interested in, like other pics of Blue Max, and also has a pic of the Collier-Kristek car. (CKC)

Funny Cars

Scroll down to the search, then enter a driver or car.

Enjoy.

Tom,

If you click on the last date (12/30/02) and scroll down the the 3rd or 4th car it shows a vega wagon called the

"Texas Traveler". Car owned by Bill Rogers from Corpus Christi, Texas. Does anyone know if this guy is any kin to Rogers Precision Machine Shop from CC?

Mel

Archived