Steve Osborne

Friday night I had the honor to meet Steve Osborne, his wife and crew. As the officials were calling for the Roadrunners to line up in comes a 04 car pulling in from the back gate. Steve and his crew rushed to get the car off the trailer and get it inspescted before the main event started. At the time I had no idea who this guy was because I had not noticed his condition. After a few minor tech details Steve made it on to the track in time to be able to start the race from the back. Once the race got under way I looked over at his wife who had tears in her eyes and she said this his Steves first race since his accident, then I knew who he was. Even though I had my car on the track I began to root for Steve, goose bumps and all. I was so amazed at his progress and determination after he won that race that it did not matter to me that my car broke in the roadrunner race and I wasn't going to be able to run my WOW race. The rest of the night I could not help but think how I was going to get Steve a cooling suit so he can continue to race next season.

Because of the burns he sustained it will be very difficult and painful for Steve to race in the heat next summer :) . Friday's temp was perfect but I'm sure he felt some discomfort.

PLEASE HELP STEVE GET BACK ON THE TRACK FOR NEXT SEASON

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN DONATING TO HELP PURCHASE A COOLING SUIT FOR STEVE AND OR IF ANYONE HAS ONE THAT THEY DON'T USE. HE LOOKS TO BE ABOUT A MEDIUM. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP PLEASE CONTACT ME AT

361-533-2952

Somewhere in my memory banks, "Legacy" on TSZ said that they were dealers for "cool shirts"(not totally sure of the brand name). I believe he said they were $369 but that was sometime in the past.

If you can get with him, make the sizing/shipping arraingements/etc, he can contact me for the charges.

Jay

214 502 3755 cell

May God bless and reward you for your kindness and generosity, Jay.

I case you don't know, Jay Guthrie owns a couple of TAMS modifieds (19 and 98) and is a part-time TAMS driver (98).

Jay is also very heavily involved with an orphanage in Waco and is one of those guys you meet every once in a while with a heart of gold.

Nick Holt

...well to be totally honest, I gave the 19 to Marc. He probably has 3x it's cost invested in sweat equity in that car over the years (the basic cage is from a dirt car that he drove for me for a few years at Devils Bowl...we did a major conversion on it to run pavement).

Nick, remember when I asked you to go to that fund raiser silent auction at THR and make a donation for me? I don't remember what came up but you couldn't go and I'm ashamed to say that I forgot about it until this other reminder came along. You don't get to many "do overs"/2nd chances in life so when one comes along it's best to get out the cannon and hit the dang target.

Jay

Jay,

I appreciate your help and I'm sure Steve does too. I have been contacted by a few drivers ans so far we have raised $400.00. I'm not familiar with the cool shirts or cool suits since I'm a less then 10 lapper girl, he he. I was told that they run about $500-$600 so I can collect the doantions and apply it to the cost and between you and I we can work on the difference. Thanks to all who has sent me PM's or has called me.

Your kindness will be rewarded.

Thanks but I'm just a "johnny come lately" to KELYD13 's effort. She is the person that is haulin' the coal on this deal.

She and the people helping financially had this deal handled...in the end, all I did was to point them in a direction of a product that would meet their needs that was within the dollars that they had raised...small potatos compared to getting up the $400.

Thanks again.

Jay

Thanks to the following peole for pitching in so far to make this happen. Mar O'Donnell & Todd Farris. We are in the process of getting the cooling suit together for Steve. I'm hoping to have it ready and get it to him by this weekend. I will make a final post with names of all involved. Our racing community ROCKS!

• 3 months later...

Here it is............let's get this started again. The original deal in the works fell through so we are starting with what we left off with. I have $200.00 raised so far including $100.00 from myself and $100.00 from Todd Farris. I will be at the San Antonio Stock Show Bar-B-Que Cook off all weekend for those of you going and want to drop off doantions. Look for the Stericycle tent near the carnival or call me

361-533-2952

Direct connect 145*2*757

Thanks

Rosie,

Thank you for the $100.00 donation. I'm currently in the process of relocating back to San Antonio and once I get settled down I will get the system together and get it to Steve. I have some other donors so I will put a complete list of names and make note to who has helped. Thanks to all that has responded but I know there is still other people that just want to help out. P.S. I need to get in touch with Steve does anyone have a number for him?

• 1 year later...

You are right Aaron, he told us he did not even remember getting out of the car. For those that do not know, since his accident Steven can not take the heat at all. and his body does not cool back down like it should. If I can be of any help to get this going I would be glad to.

I'm unsure of where this stands. Who's holding the money and how much is left between what is pledged and the end cost ($400?).

Jay

Jay,

I was contacted by Gerald ( PaPa ) on this tonight , we can get a number probably from Mary Ann.

Shelma

Archived