?Twin 50's at THR

racingmom

`you bet Ive run Thunder Hill a couple of times before and would do it again. If they have it there will be some that will show. Im all for it

how many Thunderhill only cars showed up Saturday to SAS?

What exactly is a Thunderhill only car?

The rules are the same. The schedules don't conflict. I'm pretty sure that all of the THR late model weekly guys have run in the TSRS series this year at least once with the exception of the brand new drivers that just began racing two weekends ago.

The SAS late models don't have a touring series to compete in, so comparing them with "THR only" late models is like comparing apples to oranges.

I think what was ment was the guys that are running for THR points and that run a higher percentage of THR races to TSRS races and that have posted on here getting ansy about when they will get to run their LM's next. That would be in no particular order Leland (car not ready after wreck in HMP) the Gurals (freshening motor and fixing other car) A. Stewart, C. Buxton, R. Gavin, D. Snokhous, and J. Reeder. The kid is out because of age at SAS there is also Stien, B.J. New and J. Teague (no motor?)... All of the above have at one point or another ran a TSRS race 1 time except for the kid, Teague, Stien, most of the rest only ran the THR TSRS races except Snooky and Leland at HMP. Leland Alvin and Reeder at SAS for Twin 50's I. If I left anyone out please let me know... As long as the rules stay the same I dont see why the SAS drivers wouldnt go up there it was shown that the rules package that was made wasnt too far off considering Ronnie New nearly set fast time. John Hiel ran well in both races and JP made a very strong run untill his motor let go. Its all about homework and how well you do it... It could happen but who knows untill it does...

Marc Roy

I think that one problem that you have would simply be that the SAS cars could not run for points at THR because it is not a NASCAR sanctioned track. But if they run at SAS both the TSRS and the SAS can run for points. At this point in the season it may be to great a risk for the contenders to run at a facility where they will not be competing for points. It would work in theory if THR had enough late models to have the show with a combined night with TSRS. (I have no idea how many ya'll have on a weekly basis.)

Depends on what the track is sanctioned for....

SAS is sanctioned for the weekly racing program.

HMP was sanctioned for touring Southeast Series...

If that makes any sense... I asked a Bush North official and thats how he explained it to me. NASCAR Sanctions different tracks for different things.

I know that personally they are varying degrees of Officials Lisc. from NASCAR. There is the Weekly, Regional Only, Regional/National (which qualifies you all the way down too), National Only.

Maybe its the same kinna deal for the tracks....

Archived