Thunder Hill Raceway results, 6/14/03

This is Crazy this is making our class and THR look bad. We started out with JR saying it was a bad call and it got switched to a name calling post. I agree with JR it was a crazy call but if that is the rules that is the rules and dont change it from week to week and make a rule and keep it. If the lines move up or criss cross let it be known and leave it like that.

This is Crazy this is making our class and THR look bad. We started out with JR saying it was a bad call and it got switched to a name calling post.  I agree with JR it was a crazy call but if that is the rules that is the rules and dont change it from week to week and make a rule and keep it. If the lines move up or criss cross let it be known and leave it like that.

I think that Jay is one of the better drivers out there. He will help anybody that needs help [Edited by Nick Holt, 6/16/03] I mean, look at who has the most wins in the last few years. [Edited by Nick Holt, 6/16/03]

Im not sure how the rule goes for that many cars, but from what i understood was that if a car dropped out, the whole line moves up. Thats the way it has been for quite some time I thought, although i may be wrong. I think THR does a good job on making calls, some are wrong, but who is perfect.

Big John

For what it's worth, here's my 2 cents (which is worth about a penny)..

I was NEVER a big fan of Jay Simon. It seemed like he shot off his mouth at track personnel too much, he fired off some nasty e-mails to track officials in years past...basically, he was a Jimmy Spencer clone to me.

As fate would have it, we ended up spending some time together and chatting about things...turns out, Jay Simon is one of the nicest--along with being one of the most competitive---drivers out there. I earned a new respect for Jay by spending time and getting to know him. He does a few GOOD things "behind the scenes" that no one knows about---and frankly, I think he likes it that way.

I'll give you the fact that Jay can be a bit of a hothead out on the track, and I wasn't there Saturday night. But hey, what driver can't be a hothead in the heat of competition? However, I'll speak for Jay's character--if you feel the need to criticize his character, I'd encourage you to spend some time with him before criticizing him.

I just want to know how the subject went frome the officals making a "bad call" to Jay is a bad driver. The rule has always been if a car drops out the row moves up. The track did a good job on this one. Either way a call was made it would have made someone mad. If yall dont like the call try being an offical for a night.

You know if this was 2 years ago Jay would have already tried to fight someone and i give him credit this year I havent seen him go over and do or say anything to the other drivers. Jay has gotten alot of crap from yall and i think yall need to lay off of him. The only one in that class that ive seen complain is 37 and 24 this year. Everyone is out ther for one reason and that is to race and have fun.

man what a night yall had..... Although I wasn't there Saturday night I did hear what happened from readin all of this.

I don't envy the officals at all it's not easy callin a race some are blind i will say that LOL...... But some of the drivers should maybe say Hey So n So I seen this

Yes bad calls were made and bad things were said but by talkin it out you guys seem to have settle the matter,That's is good sportsmanship.

Ty for lettin me have my say and BTW My brother races 31 in pure and my other brother races in the streets he's # 10 and 10 in the Trucks...

Yall take care ok?

JJ :D

P.S.

Another thing too gentlemen

When you act like this you make yourselves look really bad not only to yourselves but to your sponors and the fans. think about this plse? Do U see Jeff or someone like that talk to the press after a so called bad call on Tv? No they cool off then they talk plse think about this when you do what you do ok? TY

its hard job to be a offical i was longhorn i have seen call the offical at thr make were'nt right like when someone spin out the driver get his spot in line that is'nt right put to the back in the end line the drivers at ths knows me very good #24 % knows me very good hope to see them at bad boys doing what they like to do

ok i think this thing has gotten way out of control............we all know that the officials arent perfect...........i was witness up close and personal to that on saturday while in the grand stands, when a driver approached an official about a call and the official answered with I saw you in the dirt, then you came back on the track, when the driver said that he didnt see him in the dirt, the official replyed with i didnt see what happen...but thats beside the point......one person feels that Jay is a bad driver, so everyone starts to bash him......he comes on here and does some bashing of his own...everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and I feel that we are all adults and if someone feels that someone has said something about putting someone in the wall or whatever, then we should be adult enough to talk this crap out.

Well Ihve to agree with tntracing. This whole subject has been blown out of perportion. I mean everyone has there own opinion and should be able to express it. Especially if te other person pretty much knows how they feel, but this whole subject with the line up call that was made is done and over with and there is nothing that can be done about that call. So lets state our opinions and then let it be. Enough is enough. :P

I feel that if somebody has to say something thats fine...but they shouldn't be all 2 faced about it..and i'm not saying names but thats how i see it...and yeah this whole thing has got blow out of proportion but its already been blown out so theirs nothing you can do about it now......

Archived