13 Tom Reynolds 20 laps

33 George Lucas 20 laps

58 Matthew Hodge 20 laps

15 John Lasker 20 laps

23 Wes Ahl 16 laps

25 Jay Gordon 15 laps

69 Jon Leonard 4 laps

Late Model Results

A Fast Time of 15.917 was set by #4 James Reeder.

Feature

03 David Snokhous 30 laps

88 Keith Sandefur 30 laps

94 Larry Stein 30 laps

15 Shawn Lehman 30 laps

4 James Reeder 30 laps

Pure Stock Results

Jay Simon won the Heat Race

Feature

14 Jay Simon 5 laps

35 Charlie Freudiger 5 laps

37 Tommy Darity DNS

24 JR Meredith DNS

Dwarf Finishing Results

50 Jerry Young 20 laps

72 Arden Vikre 20 laps

27 Dean Kobul 20 laps

05 Keith Roach 20 laps

07 Joe Gillispie 20 laps

64 Wes Whitley 20 laps

82 James "Smoky" Parks 20 laps

85 James Parks 20 laps

13 Tyler Bailey 20 laps

35 David Tedford 20 laps

01 Allen Williams 20 laps

12 James T. 20 laps

44 Jim V. 20 laps

86 J. Lewis 20 laps

43 Jerry Deigle 20 laps

34 ? 20 laps

66 Dennis Erkland 19 laps

14 R. Brooker 14 laps

38 Benny T. 13 laps

0 Tim Chapman 13 laps

29 Wayne Hearne 10 laps

36 James Parks 7 laps

THAT IS TRUE they have a very stupid rule of when a driver pulls out instead of criss cross the just move the row foward so that put the third place car also the points leader on the pole after the 37 and 24 car had already passed him at first they moved the 37 to the pole 14car outside and the 24 2nd row inside then ran one lap through a causion and said no thats not right then put the third place car on the pole and screwing the 24 and 37 car

they would have to call me and talk for me to go back and pretty sure it is the same for the 37 if not they can keap there 2 3 4 car show

jr

You know I could understand having a rule, such as the one they have for maybe a big class like the street stock, but then again on the other hand the whole reason a track has officials is to keep the order. Yes I know THR has some shaddy officals, and some drunk officials, but they are still officials. When you have four cars if someone (the scorekeeper and the officials) cant criscross, something major is wrong. NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER have I heard of putting the points leader on the pole and screwing the rest of your drivers. You know we all pay lots of money and work very hard on these cars week after week, to pay $20 so that Callaway and his crew can screw us. I think this track is on a fast pace move down hill and unless something changes real fast they are going to be locking their gates for good.

I have to agree with Jr..it will take an act of God to get me to return to this track.

Sounds like the two Pure Stock teams impacted by the re-alignment call are upset!

However, it all boils down to this. If the rule is that when someone drops out the rest of the cars in that row move up, then they made the right call. If the rule is that you criss-cross the remaining field when someone drops out then they blew the call. Most racing organizations have the rule that the cars simply move up in the line where the car dropped out and I understand that THR uses the "move up" rule.

It is easy to blame race officials for just about anything and everything, but if the officials made the right call then teams impacted by the call should live with it without blaming the officials.

Nick Holt

JR,

You and Jack and I and the everyone else could agree that a certain rule is bad, but that doesn't change the fact that they correctly enforced the rule as it is written.

What if they had called it the other way and criss-crossed the field to violate their own rule? Seems to me that would have been even worse!

Nick Holt

Last time a discussion like this came up, Kathy put up a post that explained why the lines moved the way they did. Kathy, can you do that for this post?

Outlaw - I don't think they made up rules as they went along. I think they used the rule they've always used - the line where the car pulls off moves straight up. The 24 and 37 cars took issue with this because there were only three cars.

If the rule is to move the line straight up, then I think the officials did the right thing, if that's what happened. I didn't see that part of the race, so I'm not sure how the lineup ended up the way it did.

I can say one thing for sure. I don't have anything against any of the pure stock drivers, but I've seen some of the most blatant attempts to run other cars off the track and blatant hits on other cars in that class this year and late last year as ever. I would hate to be an official having to call a race like that. You can almost guarantee that the 37 and 14 cars are going to hit each other in one form or another every race. Like I said, I dont' have anything Jay or Tommy, but that's just the way it looks week after week. Give the officials a break guys. They are trying to do a difficult job knowing that they are going to piss somebody off with every call they make.

If you guys don't like the "move up" rule, try to get it changed. Maybe they would change it for situations like you guys faced last night.

Anyway, I know I speak for others when I say I hope you guys decide to come back. You guys race hard, and you put on a good show when it stays clean.

Chase

the issue here isnt that the officials made a bad call. for those of you that werent there to see the race, i will explain it. When the 35 car pulled off the track, the three remaining drivers criss crossed themselves. When someone asked Kathy if the line up was good, she replied yes, those of you that have a scanner know this. They went green, 37 and 24 passed 14...which everyone knows isnt easy considering he cant drive and he pushes up on you, or cuts down on you. Then they threw a yellow, because Kathy realized that the line up wasnt correct. Then they went to the move up rule, putting the points leader on the pole. At the restart Jay decided once again to push up on Tommy causing him to get a flat and damage to his car....this is why nobody likes to start outside of this fella. This is why the 37 and 24 loaded up, and refused to continue to get screwed by this track. I mean come on it was three cars, in the pure stock.[edited by Nick Holt, 6/16/03]

Ok first of all I wish you guys basically stating that I have no excuse to be upset, please explain your thery to me as to why I have no reason to be upset. This is crap, there are 4 cars in this class that show up on a regular basis, this makes it hard to stay in points, so getting screwed doesnt help.

Well, I will say a few things on this issue.

I DID screw up the line after the first yellow. We then went yellow again to correct the problem. NO LAPS HAD BEEN COMPLETED.

The decision was made to go yellow again because we did made a mistake, and we are trying very hard to be consistent with everything. But, we can't win for losing on this one.

This issue will be addressed at the next drivers meeting. Since this issue was brought to our attention by the drivers we are going to change the rule so that when cars drop out the line up will be cris-crossed.This will be for all classes.

Our rules also say that if we have six or less Pure Stocks racing that night that the purse will be cut in half. We have not had six Pure Stocks all year long on any night and Brian has yet to cut the purse. He is trying to keep everyone happy and keep them coming out. Even though he is losing money on a weekly basis in that class.

As for the comments for the officials being shady and drunk. Well, you couldn't be more wrong. I can't think of any official out there that is Shady!!!!!!! Who might you be talking about? As for the drinking, well no one is doing that before racing. Now, after racing that is different. We are all off duty and that is our own business what we do then.

I do hope that the drivers will come back and race with us again. As we are trying very hard to be fair, understanding, have happy drivers and put on a good show each week.

:)

purestock37,

You don't like the way another driver drives and you don't like it that the track tried to run their track according to the rules, so you pack up and go home.

Am I missing something here?

Nick Holt

Nick,

First of I did not say anything in any of my postings about anyones driving. Secondly, yes I did pack up, but I didnt go home. I feel that if the track is going to try and screw me, I will screw them right back. Thirdly, everyone is still missing the point here, this takes me back to your comment on an earlier posting, when you said that most organizations use the "move up" rule. I have been involved in racing since birth, and never have I seen this, I can remember many races at Longhorn where Donald Mack and Lugnut would stop the field under the flag stand and criss cross them putting them in the correct order, again not screwing there racers..see its the racers that bring the fans, or money, as Kathy wanted to bring up, with out them there will be no show..and from what I saw saturday, there werent very many in the pits at all.

purestock37,

I am sorry. I confused you with pure37 who did talk about another driver. My fault. Should have paid closer attention. NASCAR, ROMCO, TPS and just about any other racing organization I know of use the move up method, not the criss cross method. If you think differently, that's fine.

Nick Holt

Try this again,

You know for all I care about is trying to have a good race. I do not think calling me a bad driver is a good way out tommy and Jr. If you recall I did go to the outside on lineup and it was not my call to say where I go. If you recall I was involved in a very bad call when you TOMMY took your car sideways in turn 4 and you lost it and Brian Calloway said I turned up into you. Well yea right but hey that is the call they made and that was a feature race with more points then just a heat race. So Just like you said you know that was a bad call but you were not going to tell them that since it was a win for you (this is exact to what you said). So I thought it was a wierd call but it was a win for me and I was not going to complain. Another issue is if you two guys think I am such a bad driver come let me know this. If i recall I hit the dirt when YOU tommy came down on me and blew your own tire. The word is out that both of you have told people that you are going to take me out so I have to drive with caution. Jr's car is alot faster than us and how do you think I feel racing with 2 family members that are telling people that they are going to take me out ever night. If I am the leader I believe the line is mine. If I want to pick a lane in a half I will just like you guys do. But you know what the best part of the night was when just 2 cars for a 5 lap dash had the crowd yelling for a show that I put on getting close to the wall. I drove that race like I was in a race against both of you guys (petal to the metal). To finish this up I just think that was very bad sportsmanship on both of your part. What I hear when I go into the stands everynight was that us 3 put on some of the best racing out there and that not one car is better than the other. So if you are going to make remarks like this that you have made DON'T COME BACK unless you are ready to make racing FUN like it was. WE ARE NOT NASCAR, WE DO NOT MAKE A LIVING DOING THIS, IT IS A HOBBY and it is not very fun anymore with the crying attitudes and accusing and bitching and everything else that goes on. We all have problems with the track in one way or another but if it was not for BRIAN CALLOWAY and THUNDERHILL we would be driving somewhere and spending alot more money to race.

Thank You,

Jay

latley it seems that everyone is throwing in thier 2 cents, so i will do the same.

As Kathy said in an earlier post "He (brian) is trying to keep everyone happy and keep them coming out. Even though he is losing money on a weekly basis in that class.". Now i understand that the pure stock class was originally created for the budget racers. But what i dont understand is how or why Brian is keeping that class up and running. it seems as if it would just be easier to make the hobby stock class a little bit more affordable so that the 3 or 4 guys that actually run the pure stock class, can race in the hobby stock class.

am i right?. And about Jay being a "bad racer" well obviously hes doing somethign right or he would be so competitive.

-Jonathan Cleaver

This is from Jamie..

First of all, [Edited by Nick Holt, 6/16/03] And the only reason why you are supposebly competitive is because you don't give anybody a lane when you race. Everytime somebody tries to go on the outside of you you end up pushing them up. and if they try to go on the inside you push them in the dirt...and THEN if somebody does pass you, you spin out on purpose to make it look like it was the other persons fault. [Edited by Nick Holt, 6/16/03]. Secondly, I would like to know where you heard that T and JR are trying to damage or wreck your car. cause they don't need to do that in order to win. [edited by Nick Holt, 6/16/03] .

OK I have assumed the purestock37 and the pure37 and some of my comments were not correct and some are facts.

J.R. Called me and we talked for an hour over this and I made my appologies to him for my comments that I hear are true and he promises me they are not. He told me that if he had a problem with my driving that he would let me know. I respect him for this. He let me know when I was leaking something and that it was slick behind him. We all make harsh comments when we get out of our cars after a race and you remimber some and then you dont. It is just a shame that we have kids that like to go around starting CRAP that is not true or what ever and trying to make everybody get against everybody. If you look at this it is usually somebody that does not have a race car and does not have a clue on how much money is involved. I am sorry to this post that I made a mistake on some of my remarks towards JR and thank him for calling me. Like I told him when you see JR and Tommy together Saturday night weather it is one or the other saying something it will allways get around that since JR and myself are I would say Friends out side the track (my opinion) that it would get around to me that it was JR and not WHO ever.

Sorry JR for the mistake on the comments and Pure37/Purestock37 I dont know who is who but I asumed that it was Tommy making the comments and I went straight into reaction mode.

Jay Simon

Archived