Name of class

kelyd13

I attended the July 2 race at CCMS and had alot of fun. I was curious to know what is the name of the class that ran about 6 cars? It looks like a pure stock class and sounds like one too. I might be moving to Corpus and would love to put one of those cars together to have some fun. Thanks

No money I'm sure has something to do with it. The track has had some electrical problems in the past as well. The light post (green, yellow, and red) coming out of two didn't work until the very end of last year or the beginning of this year. One night, the grandstands lights turned off, earlier this season the lights for turns 1 and 2 had problems staying on. I remember one night back in the old TIDA days (when they had late models) Greg Davidson had to climb one of the lightposts in turn one to fix the lights. There really hasn't been a need for a scoreboard, the scorekeepers do a pretty good job of keeping up with the cars. What I would like to see is someone near the track keep a chalkboard or dry erase board handy and put down the lineup on that board before restarts, it might make it a little quicker to re-align the cars. I saw this at a couple of dirt tracks in years past.

The scorers do a great job keeping up with the drivers but it is nice for the fans to be able to see. I haven't been to any race track where you can hear the announcer talk as the cars are going by so having a score board would help the fans keep up with who is where and how many laps are left in the race.

Yeah it would be nice to know the laps remaining, but most of the time you can figure out who's in the top 5 at CCMS, but like I said I just don't think CCMS has the finances to put up a scoreboard, at least not right now. The times that get a little difficult to tell who's were are the long races that the touring series' run to find out and at the very end of races when there are cars that get lapped and are in between the leaders. I don't know if CCMS has a 10% rule or anything like that that would move the lap cars behind the leaders. I don't remember them ever doing that unless the lapped drivers do it on their own.

Archived