Donnie Moore wins at CCMS

NeilTPS

Blame that one on Neil.

According to the published rules at the time, you were "illegal". You weren't disqualified, your track record stayed and you weren't denied the win because you had an agreement with Neil that no one else knew about. Someone else said you weren't running the plate and Bill was just vocal enough to ask why.

The real issue was why, when the rules were written for "any RWD car can optioanlly run the Holley 500" it was changed to "any DOMESTIC car can run the 500", a rule which happened to come in December after Bill had started building the BMW.

If you recall, the only argument we had at the time was why the Fords could run the 500 and no one else could and the response was that they would have to go out and buy new carburetors to run the same Weber equipment everyone else was running. The restrictor plate was, and is, an option instead of running the smaller Weber carb.

Everyone else then had to go and get a 38/38 to try to keep up and later, a 500 if they wanted to try to make that work.

Personally I think the aftermarket heads issue was an accident. The rule was written with the bugs in mind because at the time no other car make had aftermarket heads available. When Leroy built a car "to the rules" it was a combination no one had imagined was possible. From there it was just a struggle to see how much it would take to get the genie back in the bottle.

See it with Nick's eyes - if the rules say you can be 2400 lbs and 54% and you aren't at 2405 and 53.9%, you aren't maxed out. A little secret about scales, no matter how unlevel the setup is, the left side and total will not change. All that changes is cross. We have weighed on those scales and if we are off more than 20#, back it off, reposition the scales and try again.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so now i guess the tech people are giving out what everyone runs . well i knew it was going to get worst before it got better . so now i guess well see how much pressure the pro sedans put on the rwd's to get them not to show up at the race at CCMS and to think all it would have taken is ok well take the restrictors off and help you with the left side weight rules since the other cars have finally started doing their homework and got faster :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

PEOPLE TALK BUT DONT RACE

who would that be? ??? and what would it matter anyway....

look if you guys wanna race, then do it. if not take up kricket or parchiese or something -but get another hobby other than coming on here and bashing your own series....if i were neil i would of told you to put an end to the negative posts or pay a fine-or not let you race even if you wanted to.....and don't think it can't be done other series do it.....but i don't guess that matters to a guy that could'nt give two poops or piss about his own series.....

plain and simple - shut up and race, or take your barbies and go home!

Discussions about weight and carbs are fine, but bashing people and series is not permitted on TXSZ.

I have deleted several posts that reduced this discussion to a mud slinging contest.

Thread closed.

Nick Holt

Archived