Donnie Moore wins at CCMS

NeilTPS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the plain truth is the cast iron heads wont even come close to running with the top cars in pro sedans the eslinger heads are the only thing that let the fords even catch up and sure at the start it was too much cause then they was running away but that is when they should have been slowed down now all the cars are going faster

Steven,

To answer your question, I have run 2 events this year so far. The first one was with a group of RACERS in Enda. The cars that they run up there out motored (we ran a stock FJ1200) by about maybe 40 horsepower + or - they had new tires ( I was suprised that ours actually held air all night with all the weather cracks) and we ran pump gas. We started 18th and finished 4th in the feature on the last lap. I had a wonderful time and enjoyed driving (my first time in 2 years). We went to race with these guys knowing what the rules pakage was and we are not going to try to get them to change nothing. If we are going to run with them some more, and we will, we will conform to there rules and go race for fun and the glory.

2nd race was at CCMS and I missed the set up a tad but was making ground. Started 17th finished fourth. With some issues along the way from green to checkers. In both events I had the best time driving that I have had in a long time and I thank Johnny Whitley for that.

So when is your car going to ready and what are you building and where are you going to run????

nobodys crying we just want things to be fair .i say lets put restrictors on all the cars that broke 16 seconds and make a rule that no car can run under 16 seconds of you get a restrictor

Just for fun, we looked up the weight records for July 9th. Just so we can keep up with any rules changes that might be needed. Without giving away who is who, here are the numbers for two of the top Fords.

Under TPS rules one of the Fords could have weighed 2443 pounds. Instead it weighed in at 2601 pounds. Under TPS rules that same Ford was allowed 56 percent left side. Instead it came in at 55.4 percent.

That's giving up over 150 pounds total weight and 0.6 percent left side weight.

Another Ford was allowed 2572 pounds and 53 percent left side weight. That car weighed in at 2607 with the left side at 51.3 percent.

On the other hand, two of the front running VWs were right on the money on their total weight and left side weight.

These are facts, not guesses.

Seems to me that giving up that much weight and left side to the competition may be part of the problem at least some of the front running Fords may be facing.

Nick

nobodys crying we just want things to be fair .i say lets put restrictors on all the cars that broke 16 seconds and make a rule that no car can run under 16 seconds of you get a restrictor

TPS will have to go to rain tread slicks like the F-1 Guys use because of all the tears flowing pretty soon

Steven, I am glad you are going to race a car again at ccms in the "TEXAS THUNDER CLASS" it will be cool to race against you again, in the "TEXAS THUNDER CLASS". Is that what you are trying to say? That you are going to drive a mustang in the the "TEXAS THUNDER CLASS". I hope so. Neon Will

Weight, that could be an interesting topic. Take a car that weighs 500 - 700 lbs less with comparable weight/HP ratio and on the same tires. Race on a track that's alomost all turns. Which car would you want to Drive? Put an old driving master behind the wheel and you have the success of a GB Carter. Bring an over weight heavy car to the tack and expect to run up front?

Racetrack14

We all weighed across the same scales and several times we have added or subtracted weight as needed to match the "track scales" since those are the only numbers that count for tech.

It is a valid point for discussion when someone complains about how they have been unfairly penalized and points out in the same discussion how "maxed out" others are supposed to have been. BTW, there was no difference in our motor package since the last race of last year...

Look how much the LM guys do to get rid of every excess ounce and they run twice the horsepower or more. It never made sense to me in the early TIDA days why the LM guys weighed with driver and the Pro Sedans weighted without. That was one of the real equalizers is to start weighing with driver!

BTW, you weren't on my first list of suspects for where the numbers came from. It offers no competitive advantage to us to know how much anyone else weighs..

How does that go.. "The first smeller is the feller".. No, that's not he one I was looking for... Dog, bit, holler.... Dang you'd thing I had oldtimers.:)

every point of a point of a % matters.......topdog , nick didn't announce whose weights those were- you did?

ps- it looks like they gotta new spokesman......

Archived