Logan Bearden to run the SRL All Star Showdown @ Irwindale

ron.brown11

I read that HMS driver Logan Bearden is going to run the All Star Showdown 200 lap race at Irwindale in 3 weeks. I've never got to watch him run before, but I'm hoping at TX driver can go there and have a good run. I also read that Chris Davidson is going to run in the Pro Lat Model show ($10000 to win). I might be wrong on that, as he may be running the SLM race, but it sticks in my mind that piece said he was running the Pro LM. I hope Chris does really good as well. Irwindale & Kern County are the 2 best short tracks on the west coast. They also draw some of the best SLM teams from across the country, and with $25000 to win, I don't expect that to change. Irwindale is a stretched version of Tucson Raceway Park. It's a wide progressive banked, fast track. Kern County is a mini Daytona. It's a D shaped, high progressive banking, very fast track. If you ever get a chance to attend a race there, do it. 

That's good. We need hot shoe TX drivers to go there and show out. Back in the late 90s, TIDA late models would come out the NASCR Winter Heat Series held in Dec & Jan at Tucson Raceway Park. Unfortunately I don't believe any of the TIDA SLM drivers drivers made it to the main. I remember several would get wadded up during the B mains.I only remember the TIDA drivers coming in a group 1 season. After that bad experience, we'd see 1 or 2 show up after that. I don't recall any of them coming after about the second season. I was disappointed because I had been following them at San Antonio Speedway long before I had moved to Tucson. I wish them both well, and hope that there will be more TX drivers going. The All Star Showdown pays $25,000 to win; The Pro LMs will run for $10,000: and the Modifieds fun for $5000. 

GOOD Luck Drivers!!

• 4 weeks later...

Logan Bearden finished 3rd at Irwindale. Derek Thorn won, and it was his 10th straight SRL Series win. Owen Riddle was second, and he won the Summer Showdown race there at Irwindale. I think Mr. Bearden showed out nicely there. Chris Davidson finished 11th in the same event. I was wrong in my original post, as Chris did only run the SLM race. Here's hoping that they both have a great season.