Track List

Josh42

Ok I have heard

Monarch, 82, RPM all for sure

Question marks for

STS, ACM, Boyd, HMP

I know Boyd was closed most of the season and reopened late from what I read. HMP I heard was just going to be a drag strip. 

I also have been seeing where Lone Star was purchased by an investment group and they are going to reopen in 2022 but haven't seen a schedule yet and the series I know have run in the past have not shown up on their schedules

Well, With No Disrespect Intended....

But from what I am Seeing & Reading in to on the Gulf Coast Racing Series Home Page in regards of plans of  2022 HMP Oval Track Racing Events seem to be in Full Swing.

They are about to Announce Rules Change & Race Dates very, very Soon for "HMP" in Houston & for the Sister Track " MIS" in Mobile, Al. .

HMP & MIS have had a "Kick Asphalt type of Approach" in the last few Years,   And from what recent updates that I am seeing directly from the GCRS Home Page here in the last day or so with plans of Significant Rules Changes coming up for Some of the Racing Divisions in 2022 for the HMP Oval Track....  

Tends to lead me in the Strong Belief that the GSRS / HMP/ MIS is Alive & Well and set for a "Go" for 2022...

Thanks for your Time...

Edited by metroracer

41 minutes ago, metroracer said:

Well, With No Disrespect Intended....

But from what I am Seeing & Reading in to on the Gulf Coast Racing Series Home Page in regards of plans of  2022 HMP Oval Track Racing Events seem to be in Full Swing.

They are about to Announce Rules Change & Race Dates very, very Soon for "HMP" in Houston & for the Sister Track " MIS" in Mobile, Al. .

HMP & MIS have had a "Kick Asphalt type of Approach" in the last few Years,   And from what recent updates that I am seeing directly from the GCRS Home Page here in the last day or so with plans of Significant Rules Changes coming up for Some of the Racing Divisions in 2022 for the HMP Oval Track....  

Tends to lead me in the Strong Belief that the GSRS / HMP/ MIS is Alive & Well and set for a "Go" for 2022...

Thanks for your Time...

No disrespect taken and I am in no way trying to start rumors or chaos.  I had seen that about hmp on a drag racing page (no surprise they were wrong) and hadn't seen much from it on social media.  Now maybe i am not following the right pages to see that.  In my personal vision it just seemed like MIS was getting more race than HMP.  That is good to hear, I had someone asking me about doing some asphalt racing and i mentioned to them that there is only 1 track in Texas and I hadn't seen much lately on it. I will pass the message on to them.

So

NO

82 (For Sale)

RPM (no lease)

Monarch (not sure if the operators owned it, don’t get that impression)

ACM The current operators don’t hold a lease for 2022 so even if the legal issues get sorted who is gonna run it? 

Maybes

STS is for sale, nothing definite that I’ve heard either way?

Probably (or yes but no schedule yet)

Boyd is posting stuff about next year so it looks good?

Texana

Have posted 2022 Schedule or confirmed running

Circle/Oval/Dirt Tracks

Cottonbowl

I37

TMS

TMS Dirt Track

HMP

Drag Strips

Little River

Amarillo Dragway 

HRP (last year)

Road Courses

CoTA

Karts 

L87 (Karts)

Shiner (Karts)

This list isn’t complete, add to it.

Edited by JamesHigdon

I can confirm that GCRS is working hard to secure some Houston dates. Gina is bound and determined to give the Texans a place to race even if sometimes the risk is much greater than the reward. As mentioned the drag strip will become an even bigger deal there with Baytown beginning to go away. That oval plays a huge part in the drag events so the coordinating gets tough.

Something new starting Feb. 22, arena racing in Robstown for the go karts and mini sprints I believe. I'm pretty confident STS will be back but of course, nothing official. I did see something about HMP closing but I think it was the drag strip, at least for the remainder of 2021. They had a crash where the wall was significantly damaged (driver was ok). Think there are two other Kart tracks running, think Gulf Coast near Alvin will be back. Also, think Lubbock, Amarillo, 105,  and Abilene are racing in 2022 as well. I'm sure schedule releases will pick up after the holidays.